Salary negotiation in Texas

dal123

Hi guys

I am new to the job change and salary negotiation. vunna company loa 15 years paathuku poayaanu.

Minneapolis is the current work location. New location is Roundrock Texas.

Experience : 20+, Java, J2EE....normal stuff

Salary elaa negotiate chesthaaru...current salary ni base chesaa..lekha vaadi position band ni battaa....Naa current salary 120000 in Minneapolis and FTE.

Maa current manager thoa  sunnam vesukunnaanu.. edugu ...bodugu emi ledhu...Goddu chaakiri 15 years nundi. Kaakapoathe green card ippinchaadu family anthaki.

I have interview today evening. Konchem help cheyyandi tammullu....

1 minute ago, dal123 said:

Thanks Bhayya..edhoaa...podicheddaamani kaaadhu....maa desi manager thoaa sunnam pettukunnaanu. I want to come out from the comfort zone.

Sunnam ante?

12 minutes ago, dal123 said:

Hi guys

I am new to the job change and salary negotiation. vunna company loa 15 years paathuku poayaanu.

Minneapolis is the current work location. New location is Roundrock Texas.

Experience : 20+, Java, J2EE....normal stuff

Salary elaa negotiate chesthaaru...current salary ni base chesaa..lekha vaadi position band ni battaa....Naa current salary 120000 in Minneapolis and FTE.

Maa current manager thoa  sunnam vesukunnaanu.. edugu ...bodugu emi ledhu...Goddu chaakiri 15 years nundi. Kaakapoathe green card ippinchaadu family anthaki.

I have interview today evening. Konchem help cheyyandi tammullu....

Mundu interview Avanivvu.

never set or discuss salary expectations until offer stage.

just delay it saying I need time to research to come up with numbers ani

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

Mundu interview Avanivvu.

never set or discuss salary expectations until offer stage.

just delay it saying I need time to research to come up with numbers ani

Ee rohu hiring manager thoaa discussion vundi...I think they want to proceed if my expectation is within their range. Aa hiring manager..maa client manager. I have worked with him for more than 7 years.

20 minutes ago, dal123 said:

Ee rohu hiring manager thoaa discussion vundi...I think they want to proceed if my expectation is within their range. Aa hiring manager..maa client manager. I have worked with him for more than 7 years.

with your experience 170-190 base is easy peesy in Austin, if it is not a tech company they wont pay that much, so looking at 150 base 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

with your experience 170-190 base is easy peesy in Austin, if it is not a tech company they wont pay that much, so looking at 150 base 

Thats true , @dal123 medhi nijangane 20 years a ? ante market lo ipudu anth real time vallu evaru leru. 

If you are real exp, companies ki pandagage. 

Meru tagedhele. 200k chepandi, kanisam 175k kanna vasthadu. 

rasthe ramayanam rayocchu nee topic meedha. But simple ga cheptha. 

Always negotiate about salary. Bonus and 401K are all dependent on various factors. You can never take it for granted. There are so many caveats when it comes to bonus etc.  Salary neeku unna exp ki minimum 145K adugu. In the process if they cant promise anything with salary, then ask to compensate through stocks. But salary is important especially since you are in Texas. No state tax it will show massive impact on your pay cheque every month. 

Also nee exp ki paisal kante job title important. Are they giving you any upgraded lead/architect title compared to your prev job? 

Tharvatha last but not the least, Minnesota nundi Texas ante karchuluuu ekkuva ayithayi moving etc. Ask them to bear for expenses. 

Talk to them as if you are a prize. Never show desperation. When they ask why Texas? dont say I want to move there nice weather etc. Then they will know you will take whatever they offer. tell them you just want to change location and you never really had any preference where though etc....blah blah. 

Also, neeku sponsorhsip avasaram ledhu kabatti FTE meedha peddha director level ayyi peekedhi ledhu anukunte, work for multiple jobs at contract level. Your choice. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

rasthe ramayanam rayocchu nee topic meedha. But simple ga cheptha. 

Always negotiate about salary. Bonus and 401K are all dependent on various factors. You can never take it for granted. Salary neeku unna exp ki minimum 145K adugu. In the process if they cant promise anything with salary, then ask to compensate through stocks. 

Also nee exp ki paisal kante job title important. Are they giving you any good lead/architect title compared to your prev job? 

Tharvatha last but not the least, Minnesota nundi Texas ante karchuluuu ekkuva ayithayi moving etc. Ask them to bear for expenses. 

Talk to them as if you are a prize. Never show desperation. When they ask why Texas? dont say I want to move there nice weather etc. Then they will know you will take whatever they offer. tell them you just want to change location and you never really had any preference where though etc....blah blah. 

Also, neeku sponsorhsip avasaram ledhu kabatti FTE meedha peddha director level ayyi peekedhi ledhu anukunte, work for multiple jobs at contract level. Your choice. 

super maatalu..thammudu....Thank you. It is Architect lead position. I will try my level best.

• Upvote 1

Orey apandi raa varis with your false assumptions. 20 yrs exp he’s is still developer remember that. 170 Lu 180 la em matladutnaru jai bLaya laga.

bro that all false info check salary range for that position and ask close near limit. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, anna_returns_1 said:

Thats true , @dal123 medhi nijangane 20 years a ? ante market lo ipudu anth real time vallu evaru leru. 

If you are real exp, companies ki pandagage. 

Meru tagedhele. 200k chepandi, kanisam 175k kanna vasthadu. 

maa abbayi vayassu 17 years...I have 22 years..siggesi konchecm tagginchukunnaanu...vunna coppany loane 15 years complete US experience and 7 years  india experience...