KUBERNETES

jalsa01

Bro, i moved from DBA background to cloud engineer role and support/maintain kubernetes in AWS. next year looking at azure also.  i am guessing you already know basic os level  so you will need to have understanding of cloud platforms (load balancers, servers ..etc). 

automation tools like ansible & terraform are needed. monitoring around k8s is mostly datadog & open source is prometheus/grafana. backup ki velero open source tool.  if your company is thinking toward microservices then service mesh software like istio are needed.  Mostly these are all open sources tools and needs research to implement features offered as part of software. 

vutti k8s nerchukunte it wont work IMO. i learnt basics of k8s with this course in youtube last year and learnt things on top of it while working. mumshad courses in udemy are also good. 

k8s adoption will be huge going forward because of features it offers and using it on cloud make most sense as it reduces maintenance of  control plane stuff. 

6 minutes ago, maverick19 said:

Bro, i moved from DBA background to cloud engineer role and support/maintain kubernetes in AWS. next year looking at azure also.  i am guessing you already know basic os level  so you will need to have understanding of cloud platforms (load balancers, servers ..etc). 

automation tools like ansible & terraform are needed. monitoring around k8s is mostly datadog & open source is prometheus/grafana. backup ki velero open source tool.  if your company is thinking toward microservices then service mesh software like istio are needed.  Mostly these are all open sources tools and needs research to implement features offered as part of software. 

vutti k8s nerchukunte it wont work IMO. i learnt basics of k8s with this course in youtube last year and learnt things on top of it while working. mumshad courses in udemy are also good. 

k8s adoption will be huge going forward because of features it offers and using it on cloud make most sense as it reduces maintenance of  control plane stuff. 

yep agree...service mesh adoptation gonna increase rapidly...