Why I Quit Amazon | Software Engineer

areyentiraidhi

4 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

IT job chese mana desi batch antha smart em kaadhu Kakà.. evadaina chesthadu IT nerchesukoni 

True, antey he is good at his academics and general ga smart guy nothing to do with his job ofcourse.. 

and you are right, IT jobs chesthunna matrana pedda medhavulu em kaaru kani okko okkkari pose lu matram em taakuve undavu ..na pedda bank balance tho latest iphone konna ani post lu show off lu ...only god can save them.. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SarwaMangalam said:

This I agree, contracting lo jobs chese one person I know, he is making more than 200k for two jobs and passed interview and handed over the 3rd job to his frnd and gets 50% of the third job’s salary. In total he is making more than 250k+ .. funny thing is he doesn’t know single line of code but a smart guy. 

which technology undi. details pm cheyyi vaa 

4 hours ago, Point said:

post covid all trash vaa . max 2 years to stop looting jobs 

I got 200k per year billing before COVID only uncle. And it’s not looting, vendors eating on us is called looting 

4 hours ago, Vaampire said:

Can't compare contracting to full-time. I agree amzn work pressure is high. But pay wise they are still better

Nope. Anyday google and microsoft are better than shittty Amazon. For the pay they give, Amazon uses you more than like a slave.

1 hour ago, DesiPokiri said:

Nope. Anyday google and microsoft are better than shittty Amazon. For the pay they give, Amazon uses you more than like a slave.

It totally depends on org. Amazon aws is the worst in terms of culture. Google gcp org is getting there after Thomas kurrain became head of gcp. Msft/apple/fb lo kooda unnayi alanti more orgs.. but amzn has more such orgs.

msft pay kooda pretty much same has amazon. 

i had offers from amzn & google at different points in my career. Amzn offer was pretty good and actually helped me in getting offer from another company. Google was not even close to current pay and downlevelled

2 hours ago, DesiPokiri said:

I got 200k per year billing before COVID only uncle. And it’s not looting, vendors eating on us is called looting 

Em tech kaka nenu eppudu vinaldu contracting lo 200k jara try chestam memu kuda.

7 hours ago, SarwaMangalam said:

This I agree, contracting lo jobs chese one person I know, he is making more than 200k for two jobs and passed interview and handed over the 3rd job to his frnd and gets 50% of the third job’s salary. In total he is making more than 250k+ .. funny thing is he doesn’t know single line of code but a smart guy. 

Entha smart aina technical interview lo oops adigite em cheptadu va Line of code rayamante em smartness panikostadi. That’s a big red flag if he can’t write a single line of code. Fake pakodi story laga undi

15 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Em tech kaka nenu eppudu vinaldu contracting lo 200k jara try chestam memu kuda.

100 per hr. 2000x 100 = 200k. Architect roles ki istharu or latest tech ki possible. Cloud architect roles ki 120-150 per hr. Let's see what tech pokiri comes up.

16 minutes ago, pahelwan1 said:

Entha smart aina technical interview lo oops adigite em cheptadu va Line of code rayamante em smartness panikostadi. That’s a big red flag if he can’t write a single line of code. Fake pakodi story laga undi

i think OP was only comparing money but not coding skills. especially that friend does not know code ani cheppadu gaa. 
200+ earn cheyyataniki coding okkate maargam kaadu ani kavi hrudayam. 

8 hours ago, DesiPokiri said:

Contracting lo am getting close to 200 k in just one job, many of my Frnds are earning more than that in contracts. Compared to it, Amazon is low paid for that kind of pressure 

Em tech needi 

entha exp and desgn 

34 minutes ago, chicagoafdb said:

100 per hr. 2000x 100 = 200k. Architect roles ki istharu or latest tech ki possible. Cloud architect roles ki 120-150 per hr. Let's see what tech pokiri comes up.

Yeah max 70-75 range eh chusa dev and devops aithe after employer cut. 100$ per hour is crazzy asalu.

3 hours ago, pahelwan1 said:

Lol fake pakodi story cheppalsina avasaram em undi bro..naku telisina na frnd jobs chesthu nenu na eyes tho chusindhe chepthunna. programming/coding vasthene jobs chese vallu unnaru anukovatam is wrong. He is working in the same tech from the past 10 years. Exp undi and he is clearing every interview he gets on that tech only. A 2-3 extra jobs ravataniki 6 months+ pattindi..
Eppudu job/tech change avvale and he works on an outdated tool which has very few jobs today.. with okayish salaries...

nuvu annatu coding qs adagochu if he decides to change the tech for something hot in the market..then it is problematic..

2 hours ago, phatposts said:

i think OP was only comparing money but not coding skills. especially that friend does not know code ani cheppadu gaa. 
200+ earn cheyyataniki coding okkate maargam kaadu ani kavi hrudayam. 

Oops concepts adigithey em chepthadu technical interviews lo ani asking .. why would interviewers ask unrelated coding questions for a job that doesn’t require it…

7 hours ago, Vaampire said:

It totally depends on org. Amazon aws is the worst in terms of culture. Google gcp org is getting there after Thomas kurrain became head of gcp. Msft/apple/fb lo kooda unnayi alanti more orgs.. but amzn has more such orgs.

msft pay kooda pretty much same has amazon. 

i had offers from amzn & google at different points in my career. Amzn offer was pretty good and actually helped me in getting offer from another company. Google was not even close to current pay and downlevelled

You can’t convince me that Amazon work is worth it for the pennies they pay. Period