Car Accident , Help Needed

iddaritho

Hi Friends , 

My wife was involved in car accident , she was driving and the look like her Car skid in the ice during the turn and hit the Traffic sign board. Notified police , they did not write a report. They said they will notify the Depart of transportation for the repair of the sign post. 

Now we had damage to our car, bumper side is completely damaged , fog lights are hanging with a wire , there is a small scratch on the head lights , but working fine

looking at that bumper needs to be replaced and fix the fog lights. There are parking sensors and highway drive assess assist sensors in the front , but this appears to be working even with the bumper damage. 

Question is Insurance is asking me to go to collision repair center rather then dealership 

Do collision repair center work will void car warranty , this is a 2 months old car, , do dealership work on this repairs ? 

7 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Hi Friends , 

My wife was involved in car accident , she was driving and the look like her Car skid in the ice during the turn and hit the Traffic sign board. Notified police , they did not write a report. They said they will notify the Depart of transportation for the repair of the sign post. 

Now we had damage to our car, bumper side is completely damaged , fog lights are hanging with a wire , there is a small scratch on the head lights , but working fine

looking at that bumper needs to be replaced and fix the fog lights. There are parking sensors and highway drive assess assist sensors in the front , but this appears to be working even with the bumper damage. 

Question is Insurance is asking me to go to collision repair center rather then dealership 

Do collision repair center work will void car warranty , this is a 2 months old car, , do dealership work on this repairs ? 

Dealership will refer you to their collision center..dealerships generally dont work on bumper damages they will have tie up with collision centers where they send the vehicle for repair

Another thing with repair is ask them if they use original parts or third party parts..they mostly will use third party parts to reduce the cost..again you have to talk with your collision center to see what parts they use for bumper

if insurance dont work with dealerships then they ask you to pick a body shop, fix it and they will work on the bill with the body shop guy... 

in your area zip code, your insurance will work only with few body shops and may or may not work with dealerships. 

even a body shop alos wok, tell them to get the parts from the dealer only... that should work for ya... 

41 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

will this void the warranty on the new car ???? 

as my car has 10 year warranty and dont want to loose just because of an accident

Baa I don’t know what you meant by warranty… you mean stuff malfunctioning?

You can ask Bill of Materials and you can check for OEM parts or 3 rd party components used. Also ask them to replace rather than repairing where possible.

48 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

as my car has 10 year warranty and dont want to loose just because of an accident

Hyundai palaside car konnava

52 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

Warranty doesn’t cover the accidents and damage anyways. Either You or insurance have to pay. Get a quote from local body shop first. You don’t have to fix it yet but get a quote. 

Also how can they void warranty on engines and transmission if these issues are mostly cosmetic and accessories. I think you must be overthinking 

1 hour ago, iddaritho said:

Hi Friends , 

did u buy the car or lease it? If leased them car has to be repaired by the delear itself at their body shop. If you buy the car then it’s upto you where you get it repaired but i don’t think it affects the warranty. I leased a car and involved in a multi collision where im not at fault in Aug. I had both front and back collision damage and completely replaced and costed around 5500$ paid by insurance of the faulty. Atleast when i asked my delear they told it won’t affect my warranty or anything as they repaired everything.