Property for brother and sister

RCR

my father and his brother jointly purchased land decades ago (self earned) and it was all in my fathers brother's name. both of them died before 2000. the land was transferred directly from my fathers brother's name into my name on ROR-1B (record of rights) basis 30 years ago after my father's death (it was never on my father's name).

am i legally required to give a share in it to my sister or her kids who are not caring for my mother in her old age? my sister was married with dowry and now also expecting a share in the land after 30 years.

my brother died over a decade ago. am i legally required to give a share in the land to his widow or his kids or some maintenance or nothing? are they considered as our "family"? I heard daughter-in-law (widow) is legally not considered as family. None of them are taking care of my mom.

any good advocate contact details for advice in hyderabad?

thanks

6 minutes ago, RCR said:
my father and his brother purchased land decades ago (self earned) and it was in my fathers brother's name. both of them died before 2000. the land was transferred directly from my fathers brother's name into my name on ROR basis 30 years ago (it was never on my father's name).

am i legally required to give a share in it to my sister or her kids who are not caring for my mother in her old age now? my sister was married with dowry and now also expecting a share in the land after 30 years.

my brother died over a decade ago. am i legally required to give a share in the land to his widow or his kids or some maintenance or nothing? are they considered as our "family"? none of them are taking care of my mom.

thanks

Sell and give the cash to mom ..everything will settle 

9 minutes ago, RCR said:
my father and his brother purchased land decades ago (self earned) and it was in my fathers brother's name. both of them died before 2000. the land was transferred directly from my fathers brother's name into my name on ROR basis 30 years ago (it was never on my father's name).

am i legally required to give a share in it to my sister or her kids who are not caring for my mother in her old age now? my sister was married with dowry and now also expecting a share in the land after 30 years.

my brother died over a decade ago. am i legally required to give a share in the land to his widow or his kids or some maintenance or nothing? are they considered as our "family"? none of them are taking care of my mom.

thanks

They're your family. You guys share a blood relation and surname. It is your moral responsibility to give those kids property and I think they're legal heirs to the property considering it's their grandfather's money.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, RCR said:

thanks

ethically you should share the land atleast with your brother kids … legally very complex situation, burden on you to prove the land is not family property but property of your father brother and he gave you as a gift … though you have an edge depends on your opposite party  advocate this case will go on for decades

so better settle outside court

if the land got transferred to your name after your fathers brother death, then you won’t have a chance other than sharing 

4 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

They're your family. You guys share a blood relation and surname. It is your moral responsibility to give those kids property and I think they're legal heirs to the property considering it's their grandfather's money.

But there is written proof that it was bought by grand father money as the land is on grand father brother name

1 hour ago, RCR said:

my brother died over a decade ago. am i legally required to give a share in the land to his widow or his kids or some maintenance or nothing? are they considered as our "family"? I heard daughter-in-law (widow) is legally not considered as family. None of them are taking care of my mom.

thanks

What is ROR basis ? 

how old are you ? 

Your uncle gave the asset to you and I don’t see how your sister and your nephews , nieces are entitled . 

1 hour ago, RCR said:

thanks

Who is taking care of your mom now ? 

1 hour ago, RCR said:

You are not legally entitled to give any property to your sister unless there is a will written and it mentions the same. However, she can always claim a share of the property. You can expect trouble from this corner but once you take possession, you can drag the case for as many decades as you want. Offer her a small part of the property or let her go to court and fight the case. Matter of DOWRY does not significantly change the outcome of the rights.

1 hour ago, RCR said:

To keep your sister at bay, you should include your deceased brother. If your sister-in-law can prove that your brother has rights on the property, she will be the first in line to claim a share in the property and chances are good that your sister-in-law may win the case to claim a share. They are considered family, and you too should think of an out-of-court settlement with your sister-in-law. 

You can use your mother's situation to claim an additional share of the property. Not sure if she can claim legally but you can use her situation for your defense to claim the lion's share of the property.

1 hour ago, RCR said:

thanks

Idi chala complicated case. mee pedhanayana peru mida kuda vunde kabatti vallu kuda claim chese chance vuntadi. 

Moreover, it all depends on paperwork. How that property was acquired, how it changed hands, then the situation of both the brothers, so okasari court ki velthe motham charitra antha tovvi mari chustaru..some aspects may favour and some may not. 

So, Do your homework properly and reach out to a "local" lawyer and try to reach out to MRO to see if there are any other options. Court ki velthe, it will be struck in court for decades.

1 hour ago, DalchanChekka said:

Property and inheritance vishayallo moralities panikiravu. chepukodaniki matrame baguntayi...

1 hour ago, RCR said:

thanks

ROR basis ante ento cheppu mundhu.

if you got the property as inheritance ( not just your father, from any relative ), your brother and sister will have similar rights like you have. vaallu sarigga court loki pothe, ne pungi paguludhi.

if your father's brother wrote a will saying that you are the sole person to inherit the property or is sold/transferred the property to you, then ne istam vachindhi chesko. 

sister, brother will have equal rights on inherited property at the time of death of property owner. dowry doesn't matter. 

brother's widow will get share of inheritance. courts will decide the share based on length of marriage. brother's kids will get full share of your brother's share.

over all ga, if it is not willfully transferred to you by your father's brother, ne pungi pagaltam kaayam.

just hire a maid/home-nurse and buy a good car for your mother. that will set everything about her care. you cannot buy love and affection with money.