Property for brother and sister

RCR

In olden days, there used to be ROR-1B (record of rights) transfer of land process from father to son, etc. I heard that process is now discontinued.

my father's brother came to mro office and signed my father's share on my name (my father was dead by then) and I got the passbook in my name (gift deed without exchange of money). I did not receive the encumbrance, title, etc. I have just the passbook and pahani in my name.

1 hour ago, iddaritho said:

Do you have a Will 

if yes no one can touch your property 

if no will it will be 4 parts between all your siblings and your mom 

I have a will drafted here in US but have not completed the signature parts of it. do I need to register the will in india?

1 hour ago, Raven_Raeyes said:

You are not legally entitled to give any property to your sister unless there is a will written and it mentions the same. However, she can always claim a share of the property. You can expect trouble from this corner but once you take possession, you can drag the case for as many decades as you want. Offer her a small part of the property or let her go to court and fight the case. Matter of DOWRY does not significantly change the outcome of the rights.

There is no will from my father.

58 minutes ago, Raven_Raeyes said:

To keep your sister at bay, you should include your deceased brother. If your sister-in-law can prove that your brother has rights on the property, she will be the first in line to claim a share in the property and chances are good that your sister-in-law may win the case to claim a share. They are considered family, and you too should think of an out-of-court settlement with your sister-in-law. 

You can use your mother's situation to claim an additional share of the property. Not sure if she can claim legally but you can use her situation for your defense to claim the lion's share of the property.

I heard daughter in law is not immediate family. just as a daughter has rights in father's property, daughter in law has rights in "her" own father's property but not inlaws

https://www.legalkart.com/legal-blog/daughter-in-law’s-rights-in-ancestral-property

3 hours ago, Raven_Raeyes said:

Property and inheritance vishayallo moralities panikiravu. chepukodaniki matrame baguntayi...

ivve chustunnam these days. sisters suing brothers after decades because the prices have gone up. I saw another person in my relatives circle whose sister is suing her brother for a share after 40 years just because the prices have gone up. they take dowry and also expect a share in the leftover property because dowry doesn't matter for the court. how is that ethical?

is there anything like abandonment clause? if daughter does not ask for a share for say 25 years, does she not lose her rights?

By law your sister have right. Currently dealing with the same. We bought a land from a person and now planning to sell. He filed a case in court saying his sister did not sign and she has right. 

5 hours ago, RCR said:
my father and his brother jointly purchased land decades ago (self earned) and it was all in my fathers brother's name. both of them died before 2000. the land was transferred directly from my fathers brother's name into my name on ROR-1B (record of rights) basis 30 years ago after my father's death (it was never on my father's name).

am i legally required to give a share in it to my sister or her kids who are not caring for my mother in her old age now? my sister was married with dowry and now also expecting a share in the land after 30 years.

my brother died over a decade ago. am i legally required to give a share in the land to his widow or his kids or some maintenance or nothing? are they considered as our "family"? I heard daughter-in-law (widow) is legally not considered as family. None of them are taking care of my mom.

any good advocate contact details for advice in hyderabad?

thanks

Maa opinion enduku...entha ledanukunna vaallu nee blood relations ye kada..entho kontha ichi settle chesuko..

Property Worth entha asala?  If it is agricultural land,  naku telisi nu US citizens can't hold it..

2 hours ago, RCR said:

what is an ideal percentage of property share to give to my sister as out of court settlement it comes to that?

6 hours ago, DalchanChekka said:

They're your family. You guys share a blood relation and surname. It is your moral responsibility to give those kids property and I think they're legal heirs to the property considering it's their grandfather's money.

6 hours ago, JackSeal said:

ethically you should share the land atleast with your brother kids … legally very complex situation, burden on you to prove the land is not family property but property of your father brother and he gave you as a gift … though you have an edge depends on your opposite party  advocate this case will go on for decades

so better settle outside court

if the land got transferred to your name after your fathers brother death, then you won’t have a chance other than sharing 

Ethically and morally, they should take care of his mom. 

20 minutes ago, jalsa01 said:

Property Worth entha asala?  If it is agricultural land,  naku telisi nu US citizens can't hold it..

You cannot buy agricultural land.. but you can inherit it..

3 hours ago, RCR said:

what is an ideal percentage of property share to give to my sister as out of court settlement it comes to that?

contact an attorney about options.. don't ask him for an ideal percentage share.. if it comes to that, make sure you consider the property given to her during marriage..

3 hours ago, RCR said:

ivve chustunnam these days. sisters suing brothers after decades because the prices have gone up. I saw another person in my relatives circle whose sister is suing her brother for a share after 40 years just because the prices have gone up. they take dowry and also expect a share in the leftover property because dowry doesn't matter for the court. how is that ethical?

is there anything like abandonment clause? if daughter does not ask for a share for say 25 years, does she not lose her rights?

Property values perugutunna koddi ive kotlatalu ekuva avutunayi. Greed is forefront of everything now a days.

There is nothing like abandonment clause.  Not 100% sure about this one but even if there is anything as such, courts will foresee the rights than such clauses. 

Best thing..make an agreement with your sister in law to keep your sister at bay....mother ni kuda property litigation to include chesi, aame ki kuda one part claim chesetattu cheyandi citing widow and no income sources. The cast may drag for decades and okavela favourable judgement vasthe majority of the property meeke vastadi.

4 hours ago, RCR said:

She will not settle anything less than 33.33%, the other two shares for your sister in law and yourself.

Include your mother in the litigation and say who ever will take care of the mother will get her share after her time. As you plan to take care of your mother, mee mother share kuda neeke vastadi which will put you in control of 50% of the property and 25% each for your sister-in-law and sister.

Idi in case if court lo judgement vasthe...alternate option drag the case for ever and few years tarvata offer them settlement...like offer them 15-20% each and buy their stake...vallaki avasaram vunte they will blink first.