Why are NRIs buying property

tables

in INDIA?

you guys anyways will not come to India, and it is very difficult to sell in INDIA and bring money to US.

one home for parents to live and for you to stay when you visit them is enough.

don’t buy real estate in INDIA.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, tables said:

in INDIA?

you guys anyways will not come to India, and it is very difficult to sell in INDIA and bring money to US.

I second that not needed to invest in india

28 minutes ago, tables said:

in INDIA?

Okay 

I researched a bit , it is so expensive that I didn’t feel it is worth to send those many dollars to INDIA to buy a small piece of land.

and another thing is we need to constantly keep a vigil if it is a plot.

• Upvote 1

Less than 1cr investments are not bad. There are multiple ways to get that money back. The reason people invest in India is due to high appreciation. But you are right. It’s not worth all the hassle 

56 minutes ago, tables said:

in INDIA?

A big reason is previous generation NRI's made a lot of money from real estate during  1980-2008 all over india 

Current generation is blindly following them without realising that returns on real estate in india have not been that good from 2008 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tables said:

in INDIA?

investments in india is good.. if u r planning to stay there in old age.

but i would hold investing in india.. until there are property mgmt companies which can take of properties on commission base

13 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Less than 1cr investments are not bad. There are multiple ways to get that money back. The reason people invest in India is due to high appreciation. But you are right. It’s not worth all the hassle 

1 cr ki ekkado shad nagar lopala 500 gajalu vastundi. maheshwaram side kuda same. but manam us lo undi akkadekado plot ni ela maintain cheyalo artham kaaledu.

given how india is shaping up I dont see any reverse brain drain hapening the way it happended in 2006 to 2011.

3 minutes ago, hydusguy said:

investments in india is good.. if u r planning to stay there in old age.

but i would hold investing in india.. until there are property mgmt companies which can take of properties on commission base

em vastamo old age lo india ki. vachina em use...  at best we will live in one house.

our kids will definitely not move back even in their old age because they are born and bought up there.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tables said:

1 cr ki ekkado shad nagar lopala 500 gajalu vastundi. maheshwaram side kuda same. but manam us lo undi akkadekado plot ni ela maintain cheyalo artham kaaledu.

given how india is shaping up I dont see any reverse brain drain hapening the way it happended in 2006 to 2011.

You are underestimating Hyderabad. It has more scope to grow than any other city in entire India now. It will be a Mumbai of south very soon. Of course this will have its own benefits and downsides.