Canada breaks record by welcoming over 400,000 immigrants in 2021

Sucker

Canada unfurled the welcome mat to a record number of immigrants this year — the highest in its 154-year history.

Canadian authorities welcomed 401,000 permanent residents, the federal government announced Thursday, topping a record set in 1913 when 400,000 immigrants were granted the right to live in the country, according to a report. Permanent residents can apply for social benefits in the country but cannot vote in federal elections.

“Last year, we set an ambitious goal. Today, we achieved it,” Canada’s Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister Sean Fraser said in a statement. “This is a historic moment for our country, as we welcome the highest number of newcomers in one year in our history.”

A country wise break up of the figures of 2021 are not available, but going by past trends Indians are likely to constitute around 40% of this historic total.

In 2020, Indian citizens bagged 50,841 invites to apply for permanent residence in Canada, under the ‘Express Entry’ route. This is 47% of the total invites (1.07 lakh) which were issued by IRCC. The ratio has remained unchanged from the previous year, when Indian citizens got 40,314 invite

But that country is horrible to live vayya. I didn’t like it when I went to attend visa interview. Only the best part I liked about my stay in this country was sundowners sc in Niagara Falls lol. Expensive food, hotels etc. pichakuntla mc chicken 8$ 

11 minutes ago, pahelwan1 said:

But that country is horrible to live vayya. I didn’t like it when I went to attend visa interview. Only the best part I liked about my stay in this country was sundowners sc in Niagara Falls lol. Expensive food, hotels etc. pichakuntla mc chicken 8$ 

lundys lane undi kada  you have couple spa's there 

If only Canada allows a good percentage of low wage medium skilled immigrants, Canada can compete with the US on economy. or get somewhat close. definitely beat US on per capita income if that happens.

cost of living is too expensive because Canada doesn't have free supply of cheap labour from across the border that the US does.