Be careful Frost bite is dangerous and I could have lost my finger

iddaritho

29 minutes ago, soldier said:

idi endi vayaaa windows open chesu driving ahaa nenu eda vinala chudala. oho ala cheyala midwest winter ki.....aha vishya teliyala nenu illinois lo 8 yrs unane .Are Are 

I think side mirror full snow valla kanipiyyakapothey visibility kosam opened anukunta… I used to do sometimes just little bit…. Car full heat ayi min visibility oche daka don’t drive in snow man 

13 hours ago, iddaritho said:

My experience 

this week it was -10 in Minnesota , regular day if you are at the comfort of your home or car.

I was returning from work, there was lots of wind , I didn’t check and windchill factor but heard it was -35 to 40!

my car was completely frozen , able to open up a little and cleaned the front wind shield and right side mirror 

just like any other day , I opened the window while turning 

My house is 40 minute drive from work, initially I cranked the Heater in full and then was hoping all the frost will be melted 

how ever when I was on highway I decided to close the window but it wouldn’t. 

with my foolishness I thought it was ok 

I was wearing single layer clothes with simple jacket , with in 3 minutes my Hands and ears became numb 

I couldn’t tolerate the wind and the blowing from the window which might have made the temp worse.

any how 8 minutes into the drive I couldn’t take it any more 

stopped the car and opened my emergency snow kit 

Got thick gloves , face cover and thick jacket. 

I thought I would just drive home as it is only 30 minutes 

I was feeling little better when I wore jacket and car was stopped 

but 10 minutes into the drive I couldn’t feel my fingers any more and my thighs became very cold and numb 

My seat heater was keeping my body temperature high how ever with full heat on it was so cold I couldn’t even think straight 

I drove at 90 speed on highway to get home faster 

by the time I came home , I have ice around my nose 

I couldn’t remove my gloves due to pain 

I went insider switched on the stove and started rewarming 

it took 1 hour for the pain to subside , how ever the tips of my finger became red and swollen.

I was worried about gangrene , but luckily later that day this started to settle down 

I check car window , it was just frozen and wouldn’t open , I pulled it out and it worked fine later.

I used to run in cold temperatures even upto -10  but usually am covered and run around 5 minutes from my house and I was too cocky about cold 

But learnt my lesson , be careful 

don’t become ripely believe it or not 

Thanks for sharing…hope your are feeling better now