Yes, India Bought Pegasus, Israeli Reporter Ronen Bergman

LordOfMud

India showed 'specific interest' in Pegasus, paid millions in 2017 for 'multi-year contract' that allows Indian intelligence agencies to target up to 50 phones simultaneously with spyware attack

Targeted Sam De Leve GIF - Targeted Sam De Leve The Uncommon Trust -  Discover & Share GIFs

3 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

Well, can somebody tell me what is actually wrong in Indian government acquiring spy software? No where in the world is your freedom absolute. While I don't give a about BJP and Indian government, I don't understand what this fuss is all about. Any country worth its salt, spies on its citizens. If they don't they'll perish too. I guess somehow people want to live in an utopian world while being dystopian paradoxes themselves. That cannot and will not be possible. 

For people who want to extol the fundamental duties accorded to them by the virtue of their birth and constitution, I would ask you read the constitution that you so eloquently quote. Government has no responsibility to answer any of your questions around spying. Any way, not many are even interested in this anyway. 

If you are really looking forward to learn more about it, please read Article 19 of the Indian constitution in its entirety along with first amendment of 1951 and sixteenth amendment of 1963. Well, that is if you really want to understand. It's easy to rant along without reading those as well.

Nation Security kosam kaadu annai use chesindi. Opposition, election commissioners, journalists, judges govt ki anukulange leni valla meeda use chesaru. Siggu undali venakesukosthunnaduku.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

Well, can somebody tell me what is actually wrong in Indian government acquiring spy software? No where in the world is your freedom absolute. While I don't give a about BJP and Indian government, I don't understand what this fuss is all about. Any country worth its salt, spies on its citizens. If they don't they'll perish too. I guess somehow people want to live in an utopian world while being dystopian paradoxes themselves. That cannot and will not be possible. 

For people who want to extol the fundamental duties accorded to them by the virtue of their birth and constitution, I would ask you read the constitution that you so eloquently quote. Government has no responsibility to answer any of your questions around spying. Any way, not many are even interested in this anyway. 

If you are really looking forward to learn more about it, please read Article 19 of the Indian constitution in its entirety along with first amendment of 1951 and sixteenth amendment of 1963. Well, that is if you really want to understand. It's easy to rant along without reading those as well.

You surely don't..but surely you don't give a damn about the citizens too.

If the government has no responsibility to answer , then it is no longer a government. It is aristocracy.  As someone said, there is too much democracy.

2 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

There is nothing in purchasing any kind of spy software

But using using against judges and election commissioners is wrong

Why someone will use it against them unless they are doing some Dodgy work

2 minutes ago, sarfaroshi said:

Why someone will use it against them unless they are doing some Dodgy work

judges dodgy work enduu chestaru 

election officials enduku chearu 

For starters, installing spyware like Pegasus goes against the surveillance or IT laws that are functioning in the country. It's illegal as per Section 69 of the IT Act, 2000 which says, hacking of any kind (physical or through computer virus) is prohibited, and a criminal offence.

Hacking by gaining access to the device's microphone and camera, for which a penalty is prescribed under Sections 43 and 66 of Chapter IX of the Information Technology Act.

Infringement of privacy on the court’s previous landmark Puttaswamy judgment

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kevinUsa said:

There is nothing in purchasing any kind of spy software

But using using against judges and election commissioners is wrong

It is not proven to the best of my knowledge. But, anyway, who needs proof of anything these days.

2 minutes ago, LordOfMud said:

For starters, installing spyware like Pegasus goes against the surveillance or IT laws that are functioning in the country. It's illegal as per Section 69 of the IT Act, 2000 which says, hacking of any kind (physical or through computer virus) is prohibited, and a criminal offence.

Hacking by gaining access to the device's microphone and camera, for which a penalty is prescribed under Sections 43 and 66 of Chapter IX of the Information Technology Act.

Infringement of privacy on the court’s previous landmark Puttaswamy judgment

Well, please read it again. Even if for a moment we assume that whatever is being assumed is true, there is a wide open statement to absolve the government.

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1439440/

5 minutes ago, RSUCHOU said:

Well, please read it again. Even if for a moment we assume that whatever is being assumed is true, there is a wide open statement to absolve the government.

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1439440/

Pls watch the video first, then write u r comments  

I'm sure the SC judgment is not delivered near future

On 27 October 2021, the Supreme Court of India (Supreme Court) ordered the constitution of a technical committee headed by a retired judge of the Supreme Court to probe into the alleged use of a spyware called Pegasus for surveillance of several citizens of India. 

36 minutes ago, dewarist said:

You surely don't..but surely you don't give a damn about the citizens too.

If the government has no responsibility to answer , then it is no longer a government. It is aristocracy.  As someone said, there is too much democracy.

I don't give a damn about citizens including myself. Democracy is only about who elects whom to govern whom. People use terms just for the sake of it without actually giving any thought. If you feel that the current government is bad for whatever reasons you see fit, you are free to vote them out. I have seen nothing so far that threatens that. 

Government has a responsibility to answer the bodies and not individuals and definitely not the media. If there are journalists that had their phones tapped, why do we have to assume that it was not done for national security? There are quite a few established journalists that bat for whosoever that benefits them. Why can someone not assume that they were doing something to jeopardize national security? Far too many assumptions from everyone.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, LordOfMud said:

Pls watch the video first, then write u r comments  

What would change with me watching the video? Is any of the points I have written untrue? I did watch the video, just in case that would change they way you look at my comment.

1 hour ago, Sheri said:

Nation Security kosam kaadu annai use chesindi. Opposition, election commissioners, journalists, judges govt ki anukulange leni valla meeda use chesaru. Siggu undali venakesukosthunnaduku.

Ekkada prove ayyindi sir, aaropana tappa. Naku siggu ledu le kaani, em opposition, journalists, judges pattittula? Every walk of life is full of people that work based on their leaning and nothing and no one is sacrosanct.

• Upvote 1