Can H4 go to India and come back to US during transfer ?

San_K

H1 and H4 candidates have valid visa stamped on passport till 2024.

H1 is changing the job this month, which obviously involves H1B and H4 transfer. With the premium thing H1 case konchem fast ga process ayiddhi and asusual H4 case processing ki konni months pattiddhi. So during that time, can H4 candidate visit India and come back ?

Also what happens to H4 EAD (New application) which is in pending status , filed in 1st week of Nov ?

This amtech guy says it should not be a problem for transfer but thats for H1.

https://www.am22tech.com/travel-while-h1b-is-pending-extension-transfer-cos-with-uscis/

Let me know if anyone went through this situation? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, appaji_pesarattu said:

Ideallt she can go but If h4 is not applied for new company transfer and just go to India and get stamped with new h1 copy

H4 already has stamped visa till 2024. So not planning to go for stamping with new H1B copy(transfer)

4 hours ago, appaji_pesarattu said:

Ideallt she can go but If h4 is not applied for new company transfer and just go to India and get stamped with new h1 copy

Nadi same situation but only thing is h4 will be going to india soon.

h4 transfer cheskovala vadda ani thinking

old h4 is still valid until 2024

6 hours ago, San_K said:

H1 and H4 candidates have valid visa stamped on passport till 2024.

H1 is changing the job this month, which obviously involves H1B and H4 transfer. With the premium thing H1 case konchem fast ga process ayiddhi and asusual H4 case processing ki konni months pattiddhi. So during that time, can H4 candidate visit India and come back ?

Also what happens to H4 EAD (New application) which is in pending status , filed in 1st week of Nov ?

This amtech guy says it should not be a problem for transfer but thats for H1.

https://www.am22tech.com/travel-while-h1b-is-pending-extension-transfer-cos-with-uscis/

Let me know if anyone went through this situation? Thanks in advance.

Usually h4 processing will be cancelled when they enter...bcoz when u applied u applied on current I-94 and when she comes back she get I-94 updated...

This is the reason they say it will get cancelled if u go out of country during the process.

So here is the thing... As u have stamping untill 2024 just relax and use the current one if it's cancelled or not after coming back.

I have seen scenarios due to long delays and system not updating..the ones which have to be cancelled like h4 or getting without cancellation...so hope for the best...

So picha lite tesukoni ramanu...emyana present dhani payana she can work kadha

1 hour ago, toranam said:

Don't transfer... There is no rule to transfer...waste of time seeing these delays

16 hours ago, Hyper said:

Don't transfer... There is no rule to transfer...waste of time seeing these delays

We don't have to transfer H4 ? when H4 has a valid stamped visa.

18 hours ago, toranam said:

Same with my case then...H4 only going to India

@San_K Wondering why it would be a problem?

Transfer approval  doesn't mean that you have to join the new company for sure , I believe you are still working for old company . You can return back using old petition/ stamp.

After coming back , once the transfer is approved, you can decide to join or not, its a future employment right?

LTT for experts

1 hour ago, areyentiraidhi said:

@San_K Wondering why it would be a problem?

Transfer approval  doesn't mean that you have to join the new company for sure , I believe you are still working for old company . You can return back using old petition/ stamp.

After coming back , once the transfer is approved, you can decide to join or not, its a future employment right?

LTT for experts

Yeah you are right. Question is not about primary application. Its for dependent travel who is on H4