Insurance claim

DuvvaAbbulu

Hi

Hi DB mates  -

One small question regarding insurance . I was driving my friend's car over the snowy weekend. Due to the slippery road, the car skidded and hit the corner side of the ramp on the highway . 

I borrowed my friend's car for a short trip,  I am not part of car insurance and my friend was not in the car at the time of the accident.

To make things worse, the cop took note of my driving license and car registration as the accident was on the highway .

Impact of the accident was little, there was not a single scratch on the car but the passenger side  airbags came out  immediately .

My question here is can my friend still claim the insurance ? informing the Insurance company he was not in the car at the time of the accident  ?

Do you think  Insurance company will honor this clam ( even though i am not part of his insurance and he was not there in the car at the time of accident )

Has anyone encountered this scenario earlier ? Please advise  .

Hi DB mates  -

One small question regarding insurance . I was driving my friend's car over the snowy weekend. Due to the slippery road, the car skidded and hit the corner side of the ramp on the highway . 

I borrowed my friend's car for a short trip,  I am not part of car insurance and my friend was not in the car at the time of the accident.

To make things worse, the cop took note of my driving license and car registration as the accident was on the highway .

Impact of the accident was little, there was not a single scratch on the car but the passenger side  airbags came out  immediately .

My question here is can my friend still claim the insurance ? informing the Insurance company he was not in the car at the time of the accident  ?

Do you think  Insurance company will honor this clam ( even though i am not part of his insurance and he was not there in the car at the time of accident )

Has anyone encountered this scenario earlier ? Please advise 

DB mates  -

11 minutes ago, DuvvaAbbulu said:

Hi

Hi DB mates  -

Hi DB mates  -

Has anyone encountered this scenario earlier ? Please advise 

DB mates  -

Do you have a car and do you have insurance if so you can use your insurance to claim his car

1 minute ago, kevinUsa said:

If airbags o deployed cops will come

ela ostaru vayy nuvvu pilavakunda, if I hit guard rail and get the tow truck from the road side assistance, file a police complaint later; saying that a deer came in between and I hit the guard rail why would police come unless you call and involved in fatality  

Car nee curb side park chesi parking lights on chesi tow truck kosam wait chesthundey bhayya.

Snow paduthundey kada cop gadu rotuine highway patrolling ki vachadu 

Naku car insurance ledu bhayya , expired few months back .

Kotha car book chesa e month lo vasthadi bhayya .

1 minute ago, DuvvaAbbulu said:

Naa freind ki full insurance undi bhayaa 

Kani naa friend insurance claim chesthey emana issue avuthadaa ?

Car evaridi aithe valla insurance ki claim cheyyaali.. even though you are the driver, you cannot use your insurance… this works little different from a rental car… 

his premium will go up… but only by few bucks a month.. continuous accidents aithe matram baga perugutundi… single accident over a period of 1-2 years is fine… 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Car evaridi aithe valla insurance ki claim cheyyaali.. even though you are the driver, you cannot use your insurance… this works little different from a rental car… 

his premium will go up… but only by few bucks a month.. continuous accidents aithe matram baga perugutundi… single accident over a period of 1-2 years is fine… 

This is right. Insurance follows car. Even if you are driving, the accident can be claimed by the owner of the car on their insurance. They say not at fault claim but still premium increases. Oorikine aadu matram enduku kadatadu

7 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

This is right. Insurance follows car. Even if you are driving, the accident can be claimed by the owner of the car on their insurance. They say not at fault claim but still premium increases. Oorikine aadu matram enduku kadatadu

State state ki different untadi kada

13 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

Premium increases will be very less (may be $10 a month) or so… but if you have more incidents in a short time, you will be marked as a risky/careless  driver and premiums will sometimes be doubled..