Evaraina Software side nundi medicine side shift ayyara in US ?

quickgun_murugun

I am trying to find out how hard it is for a Computer Science Engineering graduate to shift streams and get a Medicine degree ? 
I believe it’s possible in US … recent ga research start chesa …  I will provide details as I get.

meanwhile trying to find out if anyone tried this route and what were the chances?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

I am trying to find out how hard it is for a Computer Science Engineering graduate to shift streams and get a Medicine degree ? 
I believe it’s possible in US … recent ga research start chesa …  I will provide details as I get.

meanwhile trying to find out if anyone tried this route and what were the chances?

if u got $ u caan get by studying

15 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

I did IIT bro and moved to mbbs to get doctorate 

28 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Jonny Kim was already a Silver Star-awarded Navy SEAL and Harvard-educated doctor. Now the 35-year-old California native can add another title to his résumé: NASA astronaut.

Kim was among 13 men and women to graduate last week from the agency’s Artemis program, making him eligible for missions to the International Space Station, the moon and, ultimately, Mars. Even on a stage of people brimming with talent, he stood out.

“Jonny, you’re a Navy SEAL with a degree from Harvard Medical School,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) said during the graduation ceremony held Friday at the Johnson Space Center. “That’s just ridiculous! I mean, he can kill you and then bring you back to life. And do it all in space.”

Or, as a headline at Task & Purpose put it: “SEAL, Doctor, Astronaut — Navy Lt. Jonny Kim achieves your childhood dreams so you don’t have to.”

Kim is a first-generation Korean American, born in Los Angeles to parents who immigrated to the United States from South Korea in search of a better future for their children. Despite the accomplishments to come, he struggled with insecurity growing up, according to a 2017 profile in the Harvard Gazette.

He had a hard time at school and, as his graduation from Santa Monica High approached in spring 2002, decided that only a bold move could turn things around. So he enlisted in the Navy as a seaman. He asked a recruiter if he could become a member of one of the SEAL teams and was promised only that he could try. Just the opportunity was enough, the Gazette reported.

“I didn’t like the person I was growing up to become,” Kim told the newspaper. “I needed to find myself and my identity. And for me, getting out of my comfort zone, getting away from the people I grew up with, and finding adventure, that was my odyssey, and it was the best decision I ever made.”

The grueling SEAL training process provoked new doubts in him. He thought about quitting during “hell week,” a period of almost nonstop training that all candidates are required to complete.

Instead, he made the cut for the elite team and went on to serve as combat medic, sniper, navigator and point man on more than 100 combat operations over two deployments to the Middle East, according to NASA. He was awarded a Silver Star and a Bronze Star along the way.

It was during his time in Iraq that Kim decided he wanted to become a doctor. He was serving as a medic one day in 2006 when two of his close friends were shot, the Gazette reported. Kim treated one of them, who had a severe wound to his face. Neither would survive.

“It was one of the worst feelings of helplessness,” Kim said, according to the paper. “There wasn’t much I could do, just make sure his bleeding wasn’t obstructing his airway, making sure he was positioned well. He needed a surgeon. He needed a physician and I did eventually get him to one, but … that feeling of helplessness was very profound for me.”

He earned a degree in mathematics from the University of San Diego in 2012 and his doctorate in medicine from Harvard in 2016. He was a year into a residency at Massachusetts General Hospital when he learned that he had been selected out of a pool of 18,000 applicants to become a NASA astronaut.

11 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

Jonny Kim was already a Silver Star-awarded Navy SEAL and Harvard-educated doctor. Now the 35-year-old California native can add another title to his résumé: NASA astronaut.

Kim was among 13 men and women to graduate last week from the agency’s Artemis program, making him eligible for missions to the International Space Station, the moon and, ultimately, Mars. Even on a stage of people brimming with talent, he stood out.

“Jonny, you’re a Navy SEAL with a degree from Harvard Medical School,” Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) said during the graduation ceremony held Friday at the Johnson Space Center. “That’s just ridiculous! I mean, he can kill you and then bring you back to life. And do it all in space.”

Or, as a headline at Task & Purpose put it: “SEAL, Doctor, Astronaut — Navy Lt. Jonny Kim achieves your childhood dreams so you don’t have to.”

Kim is a first-generation Korean American, born in Los Angeles to parents who immigrated to the United States from South Korea in search of a better future for their children. Despite the accomplishments to come, he struggled with insecurity growing up, according to a 2017 profile in the Harvard Gazette.

He had a hard time at school and, as his graduation from Santa Monica High approached in spring 2002, decided that only a bold move could turn things around. So he enlisted in the Navy as a seaman. He asked a recruiter if he could become a member of one of the SEAL teams and was promised only that he could try. Just the opportunity was enough, the Gazette reported.

“I didn’t like the person I was growing up to become,” Kim told the newspaper. “I needed to find myself and my identity. And for me, getting out of my comfort zone, getting away from the people I grew up with, and finding adventure, that was my odyssey, and it was the best decision I ever made.”

The grueling SEAL training process provoked new doubts in him. He thought about quitting during “hell week,” a period of almost nonstop training that all candidates are required to complete.

Instead, he made the cut for the elite team and went on to serve as combat medic, sniper, navigator and point man on more than 100 combat operations over two deployments to the Middle East, according to NASA. He was awarded a Silver Star and a Bronze Star along the way.

It was during his time in Iraq that Kim decided he wanted to become a doctor. He was serving as a medic one day in 2006 when two of his close friends were shot, the Gazette reported. Kim treated one of them, who had a severe wound to his face. Neither would survive.

“It was one of the worst feelings of helplessness,” Kim said, according to the paper. “There wasn’t much I could do, just make sure his bleeding wasn’t obstructing his airway, making sure he was positioned well. He needed a surgeon. He needed a physician and I did eventually get him to one, but … that feeling of helplessness was very profound for me.”

He earned a degree in mathematics from the University of San Diego in 2012 and his doctorate in medicine from Harvard in 2016. He was a year into a residency at Massachusetts General Hospital when he learned that he had been selected out of a pool of 18,000 applicants to become a NASA astronaut.

Inspiring 

It is a long and hard process but anything is possible. Maybe you need to start off with taking the pre-reqs. 

For anyone after 12th grade, it is 4 years undergrad+gap year sometimes+4 year med school+5-6 years of residency/fellowship. They are 30 by the time they are done. If you start now, you have to think how old you will be by the time done and finances and family for the decade long process,

Never looked into this. All I thought was, it will take years and too late to start now. But if it is possible to make a complete switch in 5-6 years, it’s not too bad to consider. It’s easy to deal with finances if you are single. But it will be hard to lead if you have a family. And if you are above 30, it will be pretty hard to find intimate partners unless you get super lucky.

1 hour ago, quickgun_murugun said:

I did some research but you need $, time (7-10yrs) and effort … you cannot do part time so you have to focus on it 100%

6 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

MBBS sadhuvuthe doctorate iyyar raa ghootle!

Are evadra neku saduvu sepina panthuly mundu vadini tannali.

Doctor ki dectorare ivaka pothay actor ki isthara.

1 hour ago, quickgun_murugun said:

if you are citizen yes

I have seen engineering grads shifting to medical field

1 minute ago, anna_returns_1 said:

dectorare ki ayite kachitanga ivvaru..

doctorate ki istaru anukunta :) 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, anna_returns_1 said:

Mundhu Doctor ki Doctorate ki difference thelsukoni, aa tharvatha ochi kanapadu.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2