Hyderabad command control center

hyperbole

11 minutes ago, Android_Halwa said:

Finally..! 

Didn't this start long ago in 2015 ? Covid valla delay aa ? 

Cost escalation ayyindhi ? 

I am not a fan of "form over function" designs , especially for a piss poor nation like india.  A simple concrete block would have cost far less money and time to build 

16 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I am not a fan of "form over function" designs , especially for a piss poor nation like india.  A simple concrete block would have cost far less money and time to build 

This was launched with a bigger vision rather some building for police operations which the city has many scattered all over the city. It is more about the technology- AI, data center, Analytics and prediction based AI etc. Also all the state departments will be able leverage and use the data for various usecases. It is one of a kind and will pave a way a for other states in India.

News excerpt regarding cost escalation.

The actual cost of the state-of-the-art project was Rs 350 crore but it was revised to Rs 585 crore due to increase in plinth area by 20 per cent apart from unforeseen works.

The data centre with Integrated Command and Control Centre is located in the middle of all towers from fourth to seventh floors with an area of 40,000 sq ft. It consists of server racks, huge double height video call for surveillance cameras footage and war room etc.

The building would act as a technology fusion centre and all the floors of the buildings were designed for housing technology teams working in backend supporting field policing operations. It will also act as a Disaster and Crisis Management Centre housing all the related government departments.

This will house cross functional teams from all the government departments for leveraging on available technologies for rendering services at their end during normal time.

23 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

wait for more PR by police on how many crimes they prevented/caught with this sh1t arrangement.

we won't have rumour mongering over rising crimes like in the US (when the stats say the exact opposite), because police in India are plain slaves to politicians, and will accept whatever pitttance is thrown at them.

Instead of acting like a mafia like LAPD spinning stories about how containers are being looted with gay abandon, the moment when there is talk of slashing police budgets.

Indian police don't actually have much of a budget to be slashed. its upto them to be enterprising enough to make enough money. lol.

12 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

This was launched with a bigger vision rather some building for police operations which the city has many scattered all over the city. It is more about the technology- AI, data center, Analytics and prediction based AI etc. Also all the state departments will be able leverage and use the data for various usecases. It is one of a kind and will pave a way a for other states in India.

The actual cost of the state-of-the-art project was Rs 350 crore but it was revised to Rs 585 crore due to increase in plinth area by 20 per cent apart from unforeseen works.

The data centre with Integrated Command and Control Centre is located in the middle of all towers from fourth to seventh floors with an area of 40,000 sq ft. It consists of server racks, huge double height video call for surveillance cameras footage and war room etc.

The building would act as a technology fusion centre and all the floors of the buildings were designed for housing technology teams working in backend supporting field policing operations. It will also act as a Disaster and Crisis Management Centre housing all the related government departments.

This will house cross functional teams from all the government departments for leveraging on available technologies for rendering services at their end during normal time.

This seems more like an invitation for a hacker or a terrorist with a clear target to cripple the police machinery in the city. Not just hyd, all cities are coming up with such sh1t plans, with high sounding phrases like 'prediction-based-AI'.

I think Indians have lost their capacity to think and react, if all this is being done so openly.

11 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

I mean all that could have been hosted in a simple cost effective rectangular tower. 

But it wouldn't be marketable as this I guess

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

I mean all that could have been hosted in a simple cost effective rectangular tower. 

who are they 'marketing' it to? unbelievable.

16 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

who are they 'marketing' it to? unbelievable.

You would be suprised how many "educated" people think this is some sort of great achievement. A new icon of the skyline of Hyderabad 

any rational criticism is brushed off as idiocy and Obstructionism. 

For example anyone who said idli tower is gross wastage of public money was accused of being "anti Andhra",  "anti telugu pride" , "anti development". 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1LQGvpDHTkUttHSnSwSw

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I guess showing off does the thing effectively - be it metro connectivity, ORR, sez's or this safety enhancements will have some clients to think of the city as a haven for their investments. matter of fact, most of the existing cctvs in city doesnt even work due to lack of maintainence.

3 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

You would be suprised how many "educated" people think this is some sort of great achievement. A new icon of the skyline of Hyderabad 

any rational criticism is brushed off as idiocy and Obstructionism. 

For example anyone who said idli tower is gross wastage of public money was accused of being "anti Andhra",  "anti telugu pride" , "anti development". 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1LQGvpDHTkUttHSnSwSw

Legendary idli tower 🙏