Tinder Swindler on Netflix - enjoyable watch

tennisluvrredux

The central subject of Netflix‘s new documentary The Tinder Swindler has deleted his Instagram page following his own reaction to the film.

The popular doc, which was released last week on the streaming platform, follows the story of a group of women who were conned out of millions of dollars by a user on a dating app to fund his lifestyle.

ADVERTISING

Shimon Hayut was estimated to have stolen $10million (£7.4million) from a number of victims, going under the alias of Simon Leviev and gaining trust under the premise of expensive dates.

Advertisement

He recently posted a message on his Instagram account, before deleting it, writing: “Thank you for all your support.

“I will share my side of the story in the next few days when I have sorted out the best and most respectful way to tell it, both to the involved parties and myself. Until then, please keep an open mind and heart.”

Hayut was previously jailed in Israel over travelling with a fake passport, though was released five months into a 15-month sentence on good behaviour.

Victims Cecilie Fjellhøy, Ayleen Koeleman and Pernilla Sjoholm have since set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to repay their debts after being conned.

0 seconds of 2 minutes, 7 secondsVolu

“You’re probably here because you’ve heard about our story, and we appreciate you taking the time to search and find this page,” they wrote.

“The past few days have been a whirlwind, and we three (Ayleen, Pernilla and Cecilie) have been completely shocked and floored by the flood of compassion and support from everyone. The sheer love is more than we ever expected, and we appreciate you all so much.”

They added: “We don’t want more people getting defrauded. We realise there are a thousand other worthy causes to donate to, and remain forever grateful if you choose to donate to this one. All we want are our lives back.”

Watched it too. It was an emotional con as well. Prior experience (ofcourse not to this degree) unte it's easy to sense these things. But if they haven't travelled much, naive or desperate it's easy to fall.

There are so many guys on matrimonial sites like this. Their looks are deceiving and profiles look too good. But always felt something was missing in them. May be HONESTY. LOL

30 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Victims opened a gofundme. LMAO. 

Evadichukomannadu paisalu ippudu endo ee edupu

vadu namminchi mosam chesadu these ppl are innocent kada mari

anyway sawed yesterdy.. super undi documentary..

kanulu kanulanu dochayante movie gurtochindi naku.. same ritu varma character..

they deserve gofundme.. hope he gets extradited ..

2 days back varaku insta active gane undanta.. 

em maraledu eedu

2 minutes ago, h2o said:

vadu namminchi mosam chesadu these ppl are innocent kada mari

anyway sawed yesterdy.. super undi documentary..

kanulu kanulanu dochayante movie gurtochindi naku.. same ritu varma character..

they deserve gofundme.. hope he gets extradited ..

2 days back varaku insta active gane undanta.. 

em maraledu eedu

Why would he get extradited? He didn't commit any crime that deserves him being extradited. Yes he swindled them, but they willfully gave him the money believing him to be a billionaire's son. 

How do they deserve a gofundme? Common sense anedi leda vallaki, independent women ani antha chepparu gaa documentary lo aa independence cheppaleda not to go on a private jet to an unknown location the first time they met a total stranger. 

I say, maybe they didn't deserve what they got but they knew what they were getting into. They just thought that money was an investment into getting the exclusive rights of riches of a billionaire's son. 

So no way he will be extradited, he's a super smart criminal that understands these women's psychology. He will continue to live a life of fun and luxury even in the future going by his track record. 

6 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

Watched it too. It was an emotional con as well. Prior experience (ofcourse not to this degree) unte it's easy to sense these things. But if they haven't travelled much, naive or desperate it's easy to fall.

There are so many guys on matrimonial sites like this. Their looks are deceiving and profiles look too good. But always felt something was missing in them. May be HONESTY. LOL

Fool me once, shame on you. 

Fool me twice, shame on me annaru peddalu. 

Those women didn't just transfer money to him one time, but multiple times time and again. 

So they are responsible in a major way for their plight, bluntly speaking. 

2 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Fool me once, shame on you. 

Fool me twice, shame on me annaru peddalu. 

Those women didn't just transfer money to him one time, but multiple times time and again. 

So they are responsible in a major way for their plight, bluntly speaking. 

there were desperate. To trust someone to that extent within a month is foolish.

42 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Anubhavinchu raja to the max veedu. 

10 million dollars swindled from multiple women he met on Tinder anta. LOL. 

ninne choosa.

joke entante vadu malla same start chesadu. 

4 minutes ago, DalchanChekka said:

there were desperate. To trust someone to that extent within a month is foolish.

It's not so much about desperation, they just thought they netted the big fish. Billionaire's son antha paisalaki varasudu vaadini ela ayina butta lo padeyali anede valla thought, would they have done this if he were an average IT guy or some professional guy? 

Ask yourself, I would say NO. Dekhanu kooda dekhe vallu kaadu, edo ippudu kastha paisal isthey vaadu manaki commit ayipothadu permanently ane durasa tho chesaru. 

So they were not desperate but greedy, greedy for wealth they thought he would shower on them. So they totally deserved what they got

11 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Why would he get extradited? He didn't commit any crime that deserves him being extradited. Yes he swindled them, but they willfully gave him the money believing him to be a billionaire's son. 

How do they deserve a gofundme? Common sense anedi leda vallaki, independent women ani antha chepparu gaa documentary lo aa independence cheppaleda not to go on a private jet to an unknown location the first time they met a total stranger. 

I say, maybe they didn't deserve what they got but they knew what they were getting into. They just thought that money was an investment into getting the exclusive rights of riches of a billionaire's son. 

So no way he will be extradited, he's a super smart criminal that understands these women's psychology. He will continue to live a life of fun and luxury even in the future going by his track record. 

Impulsive and risky behavior. It takes these qualities to borrow so much money and give away without much forethought. The guy was testing the waters I guess.

• Upvote 1