Why aunty a bad word?

vendetta_2

Most people on the internet react against Thejaswi - a Bigg boss title winner for calling Shamita Shetty aunty. I do not watch Bigg boss; hence I am not commenting anything about that particular incident.

But in general, most of us can recall the horror the word aunty can cause in our lives. Especially when you are in your late 30s or early 40s and still consider yourself young.

I am terribly sorry for calling some of my distant relatives aunt, when they were barely 35 or so that time. I was in college already, but I still thought they belong to "aunt" category based on their looks.
It was during early 2000s, and that time, married women transformed to aunts within years of their marriage. Thanks to their dressing :) with a huge bindi in forehead, and gold jewelries as well as the way they drape their sarees... nothing could relate them with youthfulness. If they have children, that's the end of their self grooming.

None of those 'aunts" felt offended for being called 'aunty' in their late 30s back then. Rather, they showered us with motherly love and care.

Back in today's times it feels horrible to hear the word 'aunty".
I am fine if I am called aunty by a child of my children's age. But come-on... I would be terrified if a college girl or a younger colleague of my office calls me aunt. It can be heart breaking.
Because, the word aunt somewhat equates to mom - which not only carries respect but also associates with age.
No one would call Nayanthara or Thrisha an aunt just because they are in their late 30s.

I am 40, but I consider myself to be in my late 20s or may be early 30s maximum. I can't think of growing old further.
My dressing, my life style and the group of friends I hang out are all belong that age category only.
I am very young at heart, and all my thinking process are the same. I upgrade my technical knowledge and the way I interact in social media just like a young chap, and that works for me.
Therefore, I could mentally connect so well with the people who are a decade or more younger than with the ones who are in my age group.
Thankfully, with the help of cosmetic products and parlors/gym I could maintain my body young too.
I don't have any grey hair and that's genetic I guess. So, unless I share my passport details, no one knows which age group I belong to.

Coming to this thread....

How well do you accept your age? Especially those who are in 40s and above?
Have you grown old for your age or still look young?
How do you react when someone calls you aunt or older?

I know, we all have to cross this bridge and age with grace.... But I feel, it would be great to spend at least a decade more with youthfulness before I accept my actual age and restrict my life within the age appropriateness.

Ref Internet. 

24 minutes ago, vendetta_2 said:

Most people on the internet react against Thejaswi - a Bigg boss title winner for calling Shamita Shetty aunty. I do not watch Bigg boss; hence I am not commenting anything about that particular incident.

But in general, most of us can recall the horror the word aunty can cause in our lives. Especially when you are in your late 30s or early 40s and still consider yourself young.

I am terribly sorry for calling some of my distant relatives aunt, when they were barely 35 or so that time. I was in college already, but I still thought they belong to "aunt" category based on their looks.
It was during early 2000s, and that time, married women transformed to aunts within years of their marriage. Thanks to their dressing :) with a huge bindi in forehead, and gold jewelries as well as the way they drape their sarees... nothing could relate them with youthfulness. If they have children, that's the end of their self grooming.

None of those 'aunts" felt offended for being called 'aunty' in their late 30s back then. Rather, they showered us with motherly love and care.

Back in today's times it feels horrible to hear the word 'aunty".
I am fine if I am called aunty by a child of my children's age. But come-on... I would be terrified if a college girl or a younger colleague of my office calls me aunt. It can be heart breaking.
Because, the word aunt somewhat equates to mom - which not only carries respect but also associates with age.
No one would call Nayanthara or Thrisha an aunt just because they are in their late 30s.

I am 40, but I consider myself to be in my late 20s or may be early 30s maximum. I can't think of growing old further.
My dressing, my life style and the group of friends I hang out are all belong that age category only.
I am very young at heart, and all my thinking process are the same. I upgrade my technical knowledge and the way I interact in social media just like a young chap, and that works for me.
Therefore, I could mentally connect so well with the people who are a decade or more younger than with the ones who are in my age group.
Thankfully, with the help of cosmetic products and parlors/gym I could maintain my body young too.
I don't have any grey hair and that's genetic I guess. So, unless I share my passport details, no one knows which age group I belong to.

Coming to this thread....

How well do you accept your age? Especially those who are in 40s and above?
Have you grown old for your age or still look young?
How do you react when someone calls you aunt or older?

I know, we all have to cross this bridge and age with grace.... But I feel, it would be great to spend at least a decade more with youthfulness before I accept my actual age and restrict my life within the age appropriateness.

Ref Internet. 

Early 2000 lo college lo unte…ipudu Mee age entha