Okay so I finally watched the movie… Genuine Review

JackSeal

I usually don't like watching movies made on real life tragedies, because, frankly, after having seen the Bombay riots from very close quarters, such movies just hit too close to home. 

But I still managed to watch this one. And let me tell you, that despite the type of reception that it has recieved this is an absolute masterpiece. 

The movie is extremely well crafted despite the low production values. 

It has a stellar star cast which has given this movie, their best performances.

The director has played the part of a narrator and not an instigator, as is thought. 

The movie focusses on the hardships of the families of those who were oppressed and lost their everything to the communal violence.

But never once during the movie, or towards the end did I feel like I should hate one community for the actions of some of them. 

Never once did I feel like suddenly wanting to shout "Desh Ke inn gaddaron ko....." 

Never once did I feel like hating the Government who incompetently stood and did nothing while these events unfolded, though, ofcourse, they were very much responsible for the tragedy.

Never once did I feel hate rise inside me just because I saw someone from "their" community or "their" flag. 

And most importantly, never once did this movie make any attempts at propagating hate. 

It simply involves you in the tragedy, of the lives lost, of the people displaced, of the relations destroyed..... They become you and you become them. 

At the end of the movie I had tears in my eyes at the sufferings of someone else and all I could think of was what could possibly done to make this right, to make sure it does not repeat....

Isnt that how a movie should be? Giving you a message of compassion, peace and love that will help you course correct...rather than a message of hate and communal vitiation which will only instigate hate???

And that's exactly what this movie is. Kudos to its makers and everyone associated with it. 

This movie deserved to be Tax Free.

Oh, forgot to mention.......I was talking about Parzania starring Naseeruddin Shah and Sarika, directed by Rahul Dholakia.... And it got banned in Gujarat. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

I usually don't like watching movies made on real life tragedies, because, frankly, after having seen the Bombay riots from very close quarters, such movies just hit too close to home. 

But I still managed to watch this one. And let me tell you, that despite the type of reception that it has recieved this is an absolute masterpiece. 

The movie is extremely well crafted despite the low production values. 

It has a stellar star cast which has given this movie, their best performances.

The director has played the part of a narrator and not an instigator, as is thought. 

The movie focusses on the hardships of the families of those who were oppressed and lost their everything to the communal violence.

But never once during the movie, or towards the end did I feel like I should hate one community for the actions of some of them. 

Never once did I feel like suddenly wanting to shout "Desh Ke inn gaddaron ko....." 

Never once did I feel like hating the Government who incompetently stood and did nothing while these events unfolded, though, ofcourse, they were very much responsible for the tragedy.

Never once did I feel hate rise inside me just because I saw someone from "their" community or "their" flag. 

And most importantly, never once did this movie make any attempts at propagating hate. 

It simply involves you in the tragedy, of the lives lost, of the people displaced, of the relations destroyed..... They become you and you become them. 

At the end of the movie I had tears in my eyes at the sufferings of someone else and all I could think of was what could possibly done to make this right, to make sure it does not repeat....

Isnt that how a movie should be? Giving you a message of compassion, peace and love that will help you course correct...rather than a message of hate and communal vitiation which will only instigate hate???

And that's exactly what this movie is. Kudos to its makers and everyone associated with it. 

This movie deserved to be Tax Free.

Oh, forgot to mention.......I was talking about Parzania starring Naseeruddin Shah and Sarika, directed by Rahul Dholakia.... And it got banned in Gujarat. 

nuvu chusthav ani ikkada evaru expect cheyaru, intha pedda para raasinanduku last line chaduvudaamanukuna, it saved my time.

• Haha 1