dallaspuram & frisco palle pariyatana viseshalu

gutlogummadi

39 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

it also come with caste nonsense, peer pressure, living in well of frogs with no diversity

Aa.. vatannitini kalupukoni super place ayindi 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, guntoor_rathaiah said:

700+ vunai wylie lo kooda

you seems to be looking for new homes only, check homes built after 2012

dont attach freaking sentiments behind home buying, hardly 8-10 untaavu, no one lives for 30 yrs in home in US

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, gutlogummadi said:

Been to most happening dallaspuram and while there toured some open houses and new constructions.

can someone enlighten me on below points (may be i m not looking at right perspective)

1. Ppl bidding as crazy for upto million $ homes. Area seems to be Flat as f**k and hot as hell. Weekend activity endi ra ante ammalakkala gossips and media room movies . Kula sanghala gatherings and show off biz. 

2. Unpredictable weather and frequent roof repairs every 3-4 yrs with hail storms. High home insurances.

3. Property taxes increase every yr

4. home appraisal is not even close to home closing transaction value. Besides 20% down had to put additional $100k minimum down as lot premium ( iga mana vasthu took it to next level) . Still can’t figure out how ppl justify and pulling the trigger?

P.S ikkada evari manobavalu kinchaparchalani uddesham matram kadu, adi gamaninchagalarani manavi

first point - economics 101 . pakkanodu em chestunnado anavasaram. what is your analysis - you think its expensive , bad financial decision - dont buy . But janalu picchollu kaadu andulo manollu. Ilanti post ee every year paduthune untay , rates will keep increasing , people will keep buying . This has been the story since atleast 2012. ofcourse due to pandemic related stuff this intensified. By the way i dont own a home and also dont like the whole over bidding (for east faced homes , ma friend unnadu and so on ..)

unpredictable weather is a very subjective statement - if you explain ppl can chime in . isaka thufanlu emi raavu... mana desi gallaki anni options meet ayye places lo - top 5% better weather . 

your 4 and 1 are related - simple , if u dont think its economically sound decision , rent and invest wherever you want . property taxes still much better than lot of places - again subjective . I live in chicago - they dont even properly remove the snow and they charge 100% more in terms of taxes. 

In summary - to properly answer , you have to tell what are you comparing against - adi apple aina , jankay aina - if u tell people can explain. we can write a similar post on any place in US . 

P.S: I dont have any plans to move to dallaspuram 

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:42 AM, gutlogummadi said:

Been to most happening dallaspuram and while there toured some open houses and new constructions.

can someone enlighten me on below points (may be i m not looking at right perspective)

1. Ppl bidding as crazy for upto million $ homes. Area seems to be Flat as f**k and hot as hell. Weekend activity endi ra ante ammalakkala gossips and media room movies . Kula sanghala gatherings and show off biz. 

2. Unpredictable weather and frequent roof repairs every 3-4 yrs with hail storms. High home insurances.

3. Property taxes increase every yr

4. home appraisal is not even close to home closing transaction value. Besides 20% down had to put additional $100k minimum down as lot premium ( iga mana vasthu took it to next level) . Still can’t figure out how ppl justify and pulling the trigger?

P.S ikkada evari manobavalu kinchaparchalani uddesham matram kadu, adi gamaninchagalarani manavi

i echo same moved here in 2019 due to job transfer without any option to stay in CA. we used to have a lot of fun in CA esp with kids there are so many things to do during weekend. Here people are crazy about homes and show off. I did bought home and also suggested to people buy home during end of 2020 when market is not that crazy. I am planning to move back to CA once i get my GC(fingers crossed) where i can earn more even though i pay more for housing. Also want to share pros living in dallas.

Pros:

1. Great access to public schools and daycares near neighbourhood and dont need to drive a lot for dropping kids at school.

2. Can buy big home with the amount you pay for small house in CA.

3. you can save 10% in state tax but if you are single earner you will pay that 10% to property tax. So if you got 2 people earning you can save additional 10% on state income tax and get a big house.

Cons:

1. Nothing near to do

2. no life other than home

3. Desi politics and large number of indians moving to dallas and it will be hard to find jobs here in future due to limited number of employers in dallas area. may be if you can find some job in Austin and 3 days a week remote option it will be ok.

4. Comparisons with other desis al the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, budgetpadbhanabam said:

i echo same moved here in 2019 due to job transfer without any option to stay in CA. we used to have a lot of fun in CA esp with kids there are so many things to do during weekend. Here people are crazy about homes and show off. I did bought home and also suggested to people buy home during end of 2020 when market is not that crazy. I am planning to move back to CA once i get my GC(fingers crossed) where i can earn more even though i pay more for housing. Also want to share pros living in dallas.

Pros:

1. Great access to public schools and daycares near neighbourhood and dont need to drive a lot for dropping kids at school.

3. you can save 10% in state tax but if you are single earner you will pay that 10% to property tax. So if you got 2 people earning you can save additional 10% on state income tax and get a big house.

Cons:

1. Nothing near to do

3. Desi politics and large number of indians moving to dallas and it will be hard to find jobs here in future due to limited number of employers in dallas area. may be if you can find some job in Austin and 3 days a week remote option it will be ok.

Thanks bro, was looking  for response from someone who lived in CA and moved to dallas on his thoughts. 

i m not a big fan of big lot homes, more of outdoor person.

17 minutes ago, gutlogummadi said:

Thanks bro, was looking  for response from someone who lived in CA and moved to dallas on his thoughts. 

i m not a big fan of big lot homes, more of outdoor person.

stick with CA if you are there, things will settle down soon, don't go with herd mentality. If you got a option to stay in CA dont move as mentioned i dont have option and either i take the FTE offer or let it go. Instead concentrate on making more money by leveling up in job or learn new skills. If you really want to move just dont buy home here right away let the prices come down and once the interest rates hit 5% you will see prices going down since prop taxes are not going to come down in dallas

27 minutes ago, budgetpadbhanabam said:

stick with CA if you are there, things will settle down soon, don't go with herd mentality. If you got a option to stay in CA dont move as mentioned i dont have option and either i take the FTE offer or let it go. Instead concentrate on making more money by leveling up in job or learn new skills. If you really want to move just dont buy home here right away let the prices come down and once the interest rates hit 5% you will see prices going down since prop taxes are not going to come down in dallas

point taken and thanks again.   been  FTT  for years with option to relocate but still choose stay back in SoCAL for outdoors/weather  and quality of life all these years.  recently when we started having discussion about schools and raising family -  austin (i would prefer as last resort) and dallas (wife got frnds and family - which i want to avoid at all costs) were on the list. 

2 hours ago, budgetpadbhanabam said:

Pros:

Cons:

1. Nothing near to do

Your post is refreshing. Atleast I don't feel guilty not moving to TX.😃

2 hours ago, gutlogummadi said:

point taken and thanks again.   been  FTT  for years with option to relocate but still choose stay back in SoCAL for outdoors/weather  and quality of life all these years.  recently when we started having discussion about schools and raising family -  austin (i would prefer as last resort) and dallas (wife got frnds and family - which i want to avoid at all costs) were on the list. 

austin is not an exception if you compare infra dallas esp frisco and cities around got very good infra and it takes atlesst a decade for austin to build infra like dallas. but a lot of prod based comp in austin. i got a primary house in bayarea which i converted to rental after moving here. i will sell that and buy another in a better school dist once i move back to bayarea.

• 3 weeks later...

ee darunalu start ayyinde california nunchi.. desis ekkadaku flock avutaaro anni chotla oka laage untundi

RRR ki cine loungue Milpitas lo chesina hadavidi sudardhan theatre lo kuda chesi undaru