Zhuhai grand theater

Telugodura456

Just now, anna_gari_maata said:

Indulo RRR adtada anna

theater ante cinema kaadhanukunta. its more like for opera, live drama which are much more expensive

for some reason, all these shiny buildings makes me think there's nothing serious that's being done in them.

I prefer my future to be dark, dingy, crowded with people hustling each other, and artists quietly working on their masterpiece, and engineers free to experiment by pushing boundaries of whats possible.

hong kong is closer to it, than any new shiny city in China.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

for some reason, all these shiny buildings makes me think there's nothing serious that's being done in them.

I prefer my future to be dark, dingy, crowded with people hustling each other, and artists quietly working on their masterpiece, and engineers free to experiment by pushing boundaries of whats possible.

hong kong is closer to it, than any new shiny city in China.

Those beautiful buildings represent a lot of hustle. Designers desgining, engineers engineering, artists artsiting. These are public buildings not private mansions where your attitudes make more sense. dont confuse so easily.

chinese cities are honkong without the unbridled capitalism which forces a siginificant population in to tiny rat houses because land is controlled by few oligarchs.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

Those beautiful buildings represent a lot of hustle. Designers desgining, engineers engineering, artists artsiting. These are public buildings not private mansions where your attitudes make more sense. dont confuse so easily.

the buildings itself don't impress me. What impresses me is China's big f u to the west on everything.

for me the most attractive part of China is their utter disrespect to the patent regime, freely copying the best of what humans can offer, as humans should do.

west is tied up with taking itself too seriously.

I just wish China takes the lead on applied tech, and then there'd be no other place to live better, than China (it already is, actually). Ofcourse, then the west should copy their original designs, and the patent regime can just get canceled.

Japan got stuck with its silly tradition, and sucking up to the west. Hope China keeps doing what it does without any respect to the west. Korea another western lapdog is another huge disappointment, though there's some pushback in Korea wrt the west.

4 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

chinese cities are honkong without the unbridled capitalism which forces a siginificant population in to tiny rat houses because land is controlled by few oligarchs.

the cities you are posting are examples of unbridled capitalism too, just that they have greater land area on which to build public housing.

HongKong is about 1200sqkm.. and less than 10% of it is used for residential, industrial housing. most of the rest is forest preserve.

its natural that people will be pushed into rathole size apartments. Its mostly migrants who suffer this, and if they are chinese, they can actually move to Shenzhen and live better.

If China after making the leap into mastering applied tech innovations (which it currently lags way behind the west), can keep its hustling spirit alive, how uplifting would it be for the entire humanity.

I think that China will imitate the west and start to enforce IP even harder at that point. then China will stop growing at that point. simple.

all those buildings won't matter then. not much of great creative potential will get done, except at certified labs, by qualified people.