Zhuhai grand theater

Telugodura456

19 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

chinese cities are honkong without the unbridled capitalism which forces a siginificant population in to tiny rat houses because land is controlled by few oligarchs.

hongkong is an interesting case. oligarchs don't control all the land in HK, because almost all of the land is forest reserve. lol.

oligarchs are actually not coming up with new projects in HK because of the stupid auction rule in HK, that won't give the  'right to match' for a bidder who actually initiated the interest in a land. So those 'oligarchs' can end up paying millions to get a property into a bidding war, but ultimately lose the bid to a more aggressive rival.

so no one starts the bid.

lots of land is available in HK outside of forest reserve, but no one will express interest.

16 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

the buildings itself don't impress me. What impresses me is China's big f u to the west on everything.

for me the most attractive part of China is their utter disrespect to the patent regime, freely copying the best of what humans can offer, as humans should do.

west is tied up with taking itself too seriously.

I just wish China takes the lead on applied tech, and then there'd be no other place to live better, than China (it already is, actually). Ofcourse, then the west should copy their original designs, and the patent regime can just get canceled.

Japan got stuck with its silly tradition, and sucking up to the west. Hope China keeps doing what it does without any respect to the west. Korea another western lapdog is another huge disappointment, though there's some pushback in Korea wrt the west.

Actual china is one of the larges payer of Intellectual property royalties. 

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2019-04/18/content_37459603.htm

https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/economic-synopses/2019/02/08/a-closer-look-at-chinas-supposed-misappropriation-of-u-s-intellectual-property

So this thing of china "stealing" is mostly racist garbage. Having said that - yes - no country will allow some patent paper to seriously compromise living standards in their country. In fact india has even lesser patent protection in pharma. And this "stealing" is routine in most countries in europe until the new patent regime was unveiled.

The patent regime was unveiled by west with full confidence that west with its decades lead on science and technology, with its huge capital which will attract talented peopel from all over world will handsomely profit from it.

If things go other way it is doubtful whether patent regime will be preserved.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

hongkong is an interesting case. oligarchs don't control all the land in HK, because almost all of the land is forest reserve. lol.

oligarchs are actually not coming up with new projects in HK because of the stupid auction rule in HK, that won't give the  'right to match' for a bidder who actually initiated the interest in a land. So those 'oligarchs' can end up paying millions to get a property into a bidding war, but ultimately lose the bid to a more aggressive rival.

so no one starts the bid.

lots of land is available in HK outside of forest reserve, but no one will express interest.

Not true - HK has one of the most laissez faire economies in the world where a rich few has enormous control on the land. It prevents other oligarchs too but that doesnt mean it is NOT due to oligarch control. Dont beleive liberal propoganda you get from california,

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

Actual china is one of the larges payer of Intellectual property royalties. 

https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2019-04/18/content_37459603.htm

https://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/economic-synopses/2019/02/08/a-closer-look-at-chinas-supposed-misappropriation-of-u-s-intellectual-property

So this thing of china "stealing" is mostly racist garbage. Having said that - yes - no country will allow some patent paper to seriously compromise living standards in their country. In fact india has even lesser patent protection in pharma. And this "stealing" is routine in most countries in europe until the new patent regime was unveiled.

The patent regime was unveiled by west with full confidence that west with its decades lead on science and technology, with its huge capital which will attract talented peopel from all over world will handsomely profit from it.

If things go other way it is doubtful whether patent regime will be preserved.

why do you keep saying 'racist', when I'm all for that kind of copying?

copying IP in applied tech is much harder, than copying it in industrial design and other consumer products. Its no wonder China pays huge royalties to use their tech.

One day the wind will shift, and China will become the center of innovation. I just hope they don't act like the west when it does.

patent regime should go. China should copy as much as possible, and steal wherever possible. India should too.

Andhra should too. smart cities of the future in Andhra should not be built with any particular IoT platform from microsoft or google, but by home grown hackers and street corner circuit board manufacturers. that's the future I want.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

why do you keep saying 'racist', when I'm all for that kind of copying?

copying IP in applied tech is much harder, than copying it in industrial design and other consumer products. Its no wonder China pays huge royalties to use their tech.

One day the wind will shift, and China will become the center of innovation. I just hope they don't act like the west when it does.

patent regime should go. China should copy as much as possible, and steal wherever possible. India should too.

Andhra should too. smart cities of the future in Andhra should not be built with any particular IoT platform from microsoft or google, but by home grown hackers and street corner circuit board manufacturers. that's the future I want.

I am not calling you as racist but i am saying this narrative of chinese steals is racist and deliberately promoted without real basis. I am not saying anyone should feel ashamed due to this or anything.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

Not true - HK has one of the most laissez faire economies in the world where a rich few has enormous control on the land. It prevents other oligarchs too but that doesnt mean it is NOT due to oligarch control. Dont beleive liberal propoganda you get from california,

did you even read what I said? all more than 75% of land in HK is forest reserve dude. 8% is used for industries plus housing.. and a small portion of the land houses some rural population.

most of the land in HK is public owned.. not by oligarchs.

that HK is laissez faire is irrelevant here.

did you even read what I said? all more than 75% of land in HK is forest reserve dude. 8% is used for industries plus housing.. and a small portion of the land houses some rural population.

most of the land in HK is public owned.. not by oligarchs.

that HK is laissez faire is irrelevant here.

you really think it is not in the interest of oligarchs to keep the land in forest reserve so the high prices can be maintained? you think forest reserve is for environment protection ?

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

I am not calling you as racist but i am saying this narrative of chinese steals is racist and deliberately promoted without real basis. I am not saying anyone should feel ashamed due to this or anything.

chinese stealing is a matter of pride. West is scared of Huawei now. lol.

and they even banned companies that make polysilicon materials for solar panels.. begging europe and other nations to not buy from these companies.

the level of desperation of the US is funny to watch.

this when China still is nowhere close to matching the US in its technology, except in some areas like AI, where most of it can't be classified as innovation, but brute force computing power with some clever algorithms.

US is afraid of China's huge size. Even China that can match 10% of its intellectual capacity is scary to them.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

chinese stealing is a matter of pride. West is scared of Huawei now. lol.

and they even banned companies that make polysilicon materials for solar panels.. begging europe and other nations to not buy from these companies.

the level of desperation of the US is funny to watch.

this when China still is nowhere close to matching the US in its technology, except in some areas like AI, where most of it can't be classified as innovation, but brute force computing power with some clever algorithms.

US is afraid of China's huge size. Even China that can match 10% of its intellectual capacity is scary to them.

Dude first of all they didnt steal as much as you are hyping up. second this much amount of stealing also happened in west. then why dont i see you making posts that us stealing is matter of pride.

Whether you intend or not - the assoication of china with stealing - with no basis in fact - is racist.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

you really think it is not in the interest of oligarchs to keep the land in forest reserve so the high prices can be maintained? you think forest reserve is for environment protection ?

forget the forest reserve.

there are public lands open for auction, and no one is bidding on it in HK. the incentive structure is screwed.

oligarchs are competing with each other, by being the smart one trying to capitalize on the other's stupidity by being the first one to register for the bidding process. The rest of the oligarchs can freeride on the first, according to the law.

HK is addressing this, and are changing it now. HK will ease up further.

HK is def the most laissez faire society in the world. but that's not the only reason why people live in tin boxes in there.

for eg. even Tokyo apartments are tiny. and no one would accuse Japan as the most capitalist nation. Its just supply and demand. People want to be in HK, and would do anything to be there. Even with a faster growing Shenzhen as its neighbour.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

forget the forest reserve.

there are public lands open for auction, and no one is bidding on it in HK. the incentive structure is screwed.

oligarchs are competing with each other, by being the smart one trying to capitalize on the other's stupidity by being the first one to register for the bidding process. The rest of the oligarchs can freeride on the first, according to the law.

HK is addressing this, and are changing it now. HK will ease up further.

HK is def the most laissez faire society in the world. but that's not the only reason why people live in tin boxes in there.

for eg. even Tokyo apartments are tiny. and no one would accuse Japan as the most capitalist nation. Its just supply and demand. People want to be in HK, and would do anything to be there. Even with a faster growing Shenzhen as its neighbour.

Most people in japan dont live in apartments - even in tokyo. In HK it is deliberate. yes Xi Jinping is addressing it and they will correct it now. But HK which had racist  based laissez faire society is not the example you are holding it up as.

Do you know why they are laissez faire ? because the brits felt that chinese do not deserve minimum wages or living standards. It is rooted in racism.

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Dude first of all they didnt steal as much as you are hyping up. second this much amount of stealing also happened in west. then why dont i see you making posts that us stealing is matter of pride.

Whether you intend or not - the assoication of china with stealing - with no basis in fact - is racist.

They made copies of iPhone, and have stores that resemble Apple. govt cracked on them, fine.

I'm talking about copying industrial designs, and you are talking about royalties they pay for using certain chips in their products. Ofcourse they'd pay the most because they are the factory of the world.

and royalties for semiconductor manufacturing tech etc. These cannot be copied, especially when you are forced to pay royalties without which you can't sell to the west.

And Uk was doing laissez faire in HK with no minimum wage no labor hours etc while building up some sort of welfare state there  with NHS etc. because as i said they did not believe a chinaman deserved social security.

They made copies of iPhone, and have stores that resemble Apple. govt cracked on them, fine.

I'm talking about copying industrial designs, and you are talking about royalties they pay for using certain chips in their products. Ofcourse they'd pay the most because they are the factory of the world.

and royalties for semiconductor manufacturing tech etc. These cannot be copied, especially when you are forced to pay royalties without which you can't sell to the west.

Those copies are scamsters in poor countries making a living. It is not official policy of china. And You think such copies are never made anywhere in history ?