Rashi khanna shocking comments on south film industries

JollyReddy

Raashii Khanna: Was not taken seriously in South; some rejected me saying I was 'too pretty for the role' 

90466791.jpg

After a brief hiatus, Rashi Khanna will be making a comeback to Telugu films with a bunch of releases lined up later this year. The actress was recently seen in the Hindi web series ‘Rudra’ and her performance was well appreciated. However, the actress’ comments on the South film industry during ‘Rudra’ promotions has attracted some controversy.

The actress during one of the interviews spoke on the functioning of the Southern industries and said that the actresses are segregated on the basis of being ‘performers’ and ‘glam dolls’. She added that she has lost out on several projects due to being objectified as a pretty girl.

“In the South, they will label you as ‘lady’, ‘lass’, ‘milky beauty’ and it will only stop if you fight back. Half of the time it comes out because of the love fans have for you, but basic objectification is the problem,” she explained.

“They don’t want to see beyond the looks, that’s what I was facing in the South where people were not taking me seriously as an actor. While I think things have changed a little after Rudra, it will definitely change after my upcoming projects, which I think is only a good thing for me,” she added.

Rashi Khanna made her debut with the critically acclaimed Bollywood action thriller Madras Cafe. After the success of the film, she moved to Telugu and Tamil industries where she got a lot of offers and recognition. While her comments were about her experiences, they have not gone down well with a lot of fans back south.

She will be next seen in ‘Pakka Commercial’ with Gopichand and ‘Thank You’ with Naga Chaitanya later this year.

90466965.cms

• Haha 1

Just now, MRI said:

How many times have you released reels that showcases your acting in challenging roles?? You flaunt your skin and assets, and expect people to not objectify you.. remember what you came forward to sell by releasing such photoshoots literally every day? #hypocrites

topsee, rashulu.. vellantha akkadaki ellagaane start sestaru endo

south movies valle vallaki later stage lo hindi chances ostunnayi no?

Just now, JollyReddy said:

topsee, rashulu.. vellantha akkadaki ellagaane start sestaru endo

south movies valle vallaki later stage lo hindi chances ostunnayi no?

ayina siggu lekunda tapsee ni malli edo cinema lo teesukunnaruga! kids ni edo movie release avutundi.. manaki buddi vundadu mundu..

Veella acting meeda depend aithe asthulu potayani producers bhayam. Rudra lo kooda same puzzled look in most scenes. Acting potential prove chesukovalante thakkuva remuneration ki chinna cinemallo act cheyyali, manchi subjects unte own ga produce cheyyali, comfort zone lonchi bayatki vachi chinna roles kooda cheyyali. Veellu avanni cheyyaleru. Pedda heroes tho movies, manchi remuneration, and fame anni kavali. Gym ki velli sannabadataniki 4-5 years padutundi, inkem hard work chestaru.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MRI said:

ayina siggu lekunda tapsee ni malli edo cinema lo teesukunnaruga! kids ni edo movie release avutundi.. manaki buddi vundadu mundu..

daanlo siggu emundhi? oorikey tension avtunnav.

'manam' antey evaru ikkada? nuvvu aa cinema ki producer va? lol.

11 hours ago, MRI said:

Manaki mukyan ga telugollaki asalu undadhu.. knchm kooda patriotism undadhu.. tapsee undhi antene I don't want to watch her movies...

@veerigadu cum here.. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, kittaya said:

tapsee undhi antene I don't want to watch her movies...

Athlete roles kosam steroids vadindanukunta. Ippudu maree magadila tayaraindi. Daanni chusthene chiraaku vasthundi.

22 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

daanlo siggu emundhi? oorikey tension avtunnav.

'manam' antey evaru ikkada? nuvvu aa cinema ki producer va? lol.

I think Telugu jaati ani kavi bhaavam akkada

Em parle, maa potta batta batch ki Raashi laanti Northie tella guntalante maha ishtam. 

Maa TFI ni yaak thu ani oosina memu mimmalni North nundi import chesi maree movies chestham. 

Ooo kaanivvandi antunna andhra andagaadu @Swatkat

On 4/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, MRI said:

How many times have you released reels that showcases your acting in challenging roles?? You flaunt your skin and assets, and expect people to not objectify you.. remember what you came forward to sell by releasing such photoshoots literally every day? #hypocrites

Edhi tamil producers vadukunaru hero too for the roles already chala blind articles padinaye.