***An Excellent Thread to Health Insurance in the US***

ShruteSastry

3 hours ago, anna_gari_maata said:

Deductibles is not for every visit. it's like 1000 per year for all visits

+1 

Deductible - once per policy

copay - once per visit

6 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Is this true for all the companies who provide insurance to employees?

I mean, i am working for a small Desi Consulting Service company(total US employees would be less than 20) and they are providing me health insurance(its a PPO with 6000$/year deductible) and i am paying 900$/month(for a family of 3).

Since my premium is higher I am under assumption that i am paying 80% of insurance and may be 20-30% is being paid by employer?

13 minutes ago, raj2909 said:

Is this true for all the companies who provide insurance to employees?

I mean, i am working for a small Desi Consulting Service company(total US employees would be less than 20) and they are providing me health insurance(its a PPO with 6000$/year deductible) and i am paying 900$/month(for a family of 3).

Since my premium is higher I am under assumption that i am paying 80% of insurance and may be 20-30% is being paid by employer?

Generally it will be the opposite for Medical , Employer will pay around 70-80% and you pay the remaining 

Typically monthly <500 avutundi high deductible plan aithe , also if you are FTE , lot of companies pay around 1k-1.5k/year for HSA too if you are enrolled in high deductible plan , you can use HSA for copay etc during visits or for initial deductible.

4 minutes ago, Peddayana said:

Generally it will be the opposite for Medical , Employer will pay around 70-80% and you pay the remaining 

Typically monthly <500 avutundi high deductible plan aithe , also if you are FTE , lot of companies pay around 1k-1.5k/year for HSA too if you are enrolled in high deductible plan , you can use HSA for copay etc during visits or for initial deductible.

My Employeer is providing HSA and they are contributing 50$/month(600$/year), which will hardly suffice  one or two visits in an year.

19 minutes ago, raj2909 said:

My Employeer is providing HSA and they are contributing 50$/month(600$/year), which will hardly suffice  one or two visits in an year.

Consultancy lo anthe bro , your per hour rate will be more so you get less benefits

FTE per hour koncham takkuva untundi comparison lo but you will get more benefits 

2 minutes ago, Peddayana said:

Consultancy lo anthe bro , your per hour rate will be more so you get less benefits

FTE per hour koncham takkuva untundi comparison lo but you will get more benefits 

I wish my per hour rate is high bro... i recently found my per hour rate paid by client to employer is around ~120$ and i am being paid around 55-60$/hour. But since i am full time to my employer they pay me when i take holidays(which to be honest is not too many) and they paid my regular H1B extension/amendment fees.

I think i have to renegotiate, i am waiting for my perm approval and then i140. Ah tarvata i will switch to another vendor or with current employer if they agreed to pay me on %base