URGENT HELP!!!! Is German transit visa required for layover at Frankfurt?

SaveTelugu

My parent are traveling from Chennai(MAA) to Dulles(IAD) on Apr20 and return on Oct19. Their B2 visa is expiring on Oct02. Do they need German transit visa to layover at Frankfurt?

I think there has been a small change in transit rules..have been hearing about it but nothing concrete. Better to check with the airline. 

14 hours ago, manadonga said:

No need luftnsa lo india vellamu no issue for frankfurt or munich 

6 hours ago, naidubava said:

Not required, they will not come out of Terminal 

Thank You @Android__Halwa, @manadonga and @naidubaava

In this link they mentioned that we need transit visa, so little concerned. https://www.germany-visa.org/airport-transit-visa/

Did you travel with expired visa? My parents US B2 VISA is expiring by the time they leave US. looks like for holder of a US valid visa, German transit visa is not required.

19 minutes ago, SaveTelugu said:

In this link they mentioned that we need transit visa, so little concerned. https://www.germany-visa.org/airport-transit-visa/

Did you travel with expired visa? My parents US B2 VISA is expiring by the time they leave US. looks like for holder of a US valid visa, German transit visa is not required.

Do they have two stops in germany..or is it just one stop

17 hours ago, SaveTelugu said:

My parent are traveling from Chennai(MAA) to Dulles(IAD) on Apr20 and return on Oct19. Their B2 visa is expiring on Oct02. Do they need German transit visa to layover at Frankfurt?

Yes, they need a transit visa if they do not have a valid USA visa.

Apply it online.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, abhigadu said:

Yes, they need a transit visa if they do not have a valid USA visa.

Apply it online.

@abhigadu, How to apply online? googled it, but didn't get any relevant information. I think we have to apply in nearest embassy. Please share if you have any link related to online approach.

On 4/18/2022 at 8:19 PM, SaveTelugu said:

why overstaying visa? future lo problems rava?

On 4/19/2022 at 12:00 PM, SaveTelugu said:

Yes india velli stamping veyinchukunnam 

• 1 month later...

@manadonga

same nee laaaga lufthansa airlines with munich transit - one way ticket book chesthunna..travelling with AP (expired visa and no GC yet).

munich airport/embassy website.. evarni check chesina transit visa kavali antunnaru.when did you travel? konchem details cheppabba..

didnt call Lufthansa yet. chusthunte per rules kavali but since we dont get out of the terminal, evadu check cheyadu, all depends on Lufthansa if they let us board?

1 hour ago, nosugarplease said:

@manadonga

same nee laaaga lufthansa airlines with munich transit - one way ticket book chesthunna..travelling with AP (expired visa and no GC yet).

munich airport/embassy website.. evarni check chesina transit visa kavali antunnaru.when did you travel? konchem details cheppabba..

didnt call Lufthansa yet. chusthunte per rules kavali but since we dont get out of the terminal, evadu check cheyadu, all depends on Lufthansa if they let us board?

I did it in2013 luftanasa 

denver muncih bombay Hyderabad 

next day stamping vellanu 

it might be changed i am not sure now