OCI update for new us passport

krrish

Got two questions....

1) Passport copy upload cheesi submit chesaka, confirmation email vachindi...is this enough to travel to India? No need to go anything with VFS, right?

2) Also, my address got changed from the first OCI application where the mission center was Chicago, my mission for the OCI passport update application should be Atlanta but there is no way to change it. So, I submitted as is with the new current address but kept Chicago mission as is. Is this fine? Inta complicate chestarentra procedure ni?

• Like 1

#1  - Yes (see below response from them)

#2 - I don't think they care, so no issues.

If you have uploaded the new passport copy and updated the new information, there is nothing more that needs to be done at your end.

An acknowledgment from the Mission will follow.

You are good to travel with the OCI without the need to wait for any confirmation.

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2022 at 4:30 AM, krrish said:

Got two questions....

1) Passport copy upload cheesi submit chesaka, confirmation email vachindi...is this enough to travel to India? No need to go anything with VFS, right?

2) Also, my address got changed from the first OCI application where the mission center was Chicago, my mission for the OCI passport update application should be Atlanta but there is no way to change it. So, I submitted as is with the new current address but kept Chicago mission as is. Is this fine? Inta complicate chestarentra procedure ni?

Is this adult or minor oci? Minor ayithey nothing to worry 

5 hours ago, Epic said:

#1  - Yes (see below response from them)

#2 - I don't think they care, so no issues.

If you have uploaded the new passport copy and updated the new information, there is nothing more that needs to be done at your end.

An acknowledgment from the Mission will follow.

You are good to travel with the OCI without the need to wait for any confirmation.

Thanks bhayya

On 4/23/2022 at 6:00 PM, krrish said:

Got two questions....

@krrish can you send the link where you have uploaded new passport?