Planning to buy new car - simple sedan

babu_bangaram

18 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Antha old car enduku anna. Reliability issues lekapoina kuda technology konchem outdated unde chance undhi. Also, Lexus is good brand but its quite expensive. 

I would go for Toyota Avalon. I drove it in the past. Its an amazing car but my wife did not like it. So we had to sell it and brought subaru crosstek for her.

I drive camry. 

I agree with you on technology updates, but most of the time we don't really use that latest technical aspects of the car. Personally I care about heated leather seats, front, side, top air-bags and any other safety measures, reliability and some gas saving features such as hybrid-battery. Considering one of the above two cars, also saved some Honda Accord Hybrids from 2015. Seen you had mentioned not to go with Hondas, any bad experience?

Also what's your family's experience with Avalon?

16 minutes ago, ObiWan said:

I agree with you on technology updates, but most of the time we don't really use that latest technical aspects of the car. Personally I care about heated leather seats, front, side, top air-bags and any other safety measures, reliability and some gas saving features such as hybrid-battery. Considering one of the above two cars, also saved some Honda Accord Hybrids from 2015. Seen you had mentioned not to go with Hondas, any bad experience?

Also what's your family's experience with Avalon?

Honda is not bad. May be it is 2nd best brand. 

But in my opinion, Toyota is way ahead of every other manufacturer in that department.

Avalon was good. I brought a used one. It already had 70K miles on it. I drove for 3 years. During those 3 years, I spent money only on oil changes and gas. Thats it.

Then my wife brought a new crosstek and we had no space for 3rd car. So I sold Avalon for a good price tag. 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Some other options to consider for a simple, small, reliable car for your kid might be the Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, or Mazda 3. These models all have good safety ratings and are known for their reliability. As far as the best place to buy, it really depends on your location and where you can find the best deal. Prices for these types of cars typically range from around $17,000 to $25,000, depending on the model and trim level. It might be worth considering checking out local dealerships and also looking at online resources to see what prices are being offered in your area. It's also a good idea to do your research and read reviews and ratings to get a sense of which models are the most reliable and have the best value for your money. In terms of the best states to buy a car, it really depends on your budget and what you're looking for in a car. Some states have lower sales taxes or dealer fees, which can make a difference in the overall cost of the car. It's always a good idea to do your research and compare prices in different states to see where you can get the best deal. 

On 4/25/2022 at 12:54 PM, babu_bangaram said:

Looking to buy Toyota corolla or Honda Civic or Nissan altima ....
what are other good options....
i want reliable car ... for my kid ....
simple , small .... 
what is the best place to buy ... what are price ranges for these

Other options are…….Uncle walmart lo tous section lo bmw logo tho car vuntundhi .. simple sedan… just around $250

nuvve car opyions ichi.. tell me reliable car and place ante how…