H1-B extension issue with PD current and PERM still pending

patela_24

Daridramaina situation lo unna nenu

naadhi PD March 2014. But just 2 months back new employer filed pwd, which would take 6 months and then perm can be applied. So, Inko one year daaka or more than that until I get perm approval, i can’t file I-140 and move my old pd. With priority date at Sep 2014 per June'22 bulletin, nenippudu em chesthey better? Are there any other guys in such similar situation? Plz do pm me directly, we can talk more on this. H1-B extension kuda Sep' 2023 due undhi and not sure if I can request 3 yrs extension with PD still current at that point of time. 

I can't move back to previous employer just to get things moving for I-140 , as it is not consultancy, and the previous company dissolved entire team actually, so can't go back on same title and position to restart I-485 on top of approved I-140. Also, can't initiate H1-B transfers from current employer to different employer as my PD i.e. March 2014 is already current and doesn't favor the H1-B transfer criteria since any H1-B extension/transfer petition beyond 6 yr limit required approved I-140 with PD "NOT" current. 

I hope there could be other people facing similar situation as I've not expected dates to move this aggressively for EB2 and with Pandemic, the PWD and PERM processing times are excruciatingly painful. koncham ee post chuusina vallu, please pm me or reply here with your suggestions, we can discuss together and see the best options available to us at this point. 

Thanks

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, patela_24 said:

naadhi PD March 2014. But just 2 months back new employer filed pwd, which would take 6 months and then perm can be applied. So, Inko one year daaka or more than that until I get perm approval, i can’t file I-140 and move my old pd. With priority date at Sep 2014 per June'22 bulletin, nenippudu em chesthey better? Are there any other guys in such similar situation? Plz do pm me directly, we can talk more on this. H1-B extension kuda Sep' 2023 due undhi and not sure if I can request 3 yrs extension with PD still current at that point of time. 

I can't move back to previous employer just to get things moving for I-140 , as it is not consultancy, and the previous company dissolved entire team actually, so can't go back on same title and position to restart I-485 on top of approved I-140. Also, can't initiate H1-B transfers from current employer to different employer as my PD i.e. March 2014 is already current and doesn't favor the H1-B transfer criteria since any H1-B extension/transfer petition beyond 6 yr limit required approved I-140 with PD "NOT" current. 

I hope there could be other people facing similar situation as I've not expected dates to move this aggressively for EB2 and with Pandemic, the PWD and PERM processing times are excruciatingly painful. koncham ee post chuusina vallu, please pm me or reply here with your suggestions, we can discuss together and see the best options available to us at this point. 

Thanks

Bro can you elaborate on this? Mine is March 2014 as well an d i can go back to old employer. Can my old employer apply for my h1 with PD current? I am outside usa now and h1 expired

March 2014 is already current and doesn't favor the H1-B transfer criteria since any H1-B extension/transfer petition beyond 6 yr limit required approved I-140 with PD "NOT" current.

27 minutes ago, patela_24 said:

Thanks

PM Chesa chudu

f**k

Mine is August 2014.

Joined new employer last month.

My old employer is a consultancy , he has 2 companies.

1 Main and 1 sister company . I was with sis company and my 140 was approved with sister company. But he closed the sister company recently.

I can't go back?  

23 minutes ago, Complex said:

f**k

Mine is August 2014.

Joined new employer last month.

My old employer is a consultancy , he has 2 companies.

1 Main and 1 sister company . I was with sis company and my 140 was approved with sister company. But he closed the sister company recently.

I can't go back?  

okasari adigi chuudu, if you main consultancy has any sort of affiliation with sister company, then it is probably still worth a try

30 minutes ago, cnugadu said:

Bro can you elaborate on this? Mine is March 2014 as well an d i can go back to old employer. Can my old employer apply for my h1 with PD current? I am outside usa now and h1 expired

March 2014 is already current and doesn't favor the H1-B transfer criteria since any H1-B extension/transfer petition beyond 6 yr limit required approved I-140 with PD "NOT" current.

my understanding for H1 extensions/transfers require us to send the I-140 approval which shows the PD and help the officer to give us extension based on PD. If it is current per EB2 FAD at the time of H1-B extension/transfer processing, they will come back that they can't extend since the PD is already current...

also, extensions beyond 6 years require LCA filing to be done atleast 365 days prior to the extension end date.. idhi kuda na favour lo ledhu as of now , since my PWD is still processing and with current backlog, it would take another 8-9 months just for the PWD to be completed from department of labor... deenemma pandemic endho kaani, aa reason muulanga pwd processing times are beyond consideration in recent times..

people who think they could end up in such situation, lets share our thoughts here please... or PM me 

59 minutes ago, patela_24 said:

Thanks

https://www.rnlawgroup.com/my-priority-date-is-current-am-i-eligible-for-additional-h-1b-extensions/

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cnugadu said:

Wow didn’t know this information before. So if we move to new employer or go out of country can we retain the Priority date if the new labor for gc is not filed with in 1 year of the PD being current?

sharing the required info for anyone in the same boat-

nenu ma attorney ni kanukkunna - "h1-b extension beyond 6 yr with perm still processed"

she said only if my application is with national visa center, then 1 year rule anedhi apply aithadhi anta... nvc center comes into picture when we are outside usa, and during consular processing of gc aos...so, since we are physically here, all our applications are still being dealt with uscis.... one year rule in terms of priority date laantidhi emi ledhanta... i.e. "rejecting the h1-b extension just on the basis of I-485 aos not applied with in one year of PD being current"..

given the situation with dept of laabar and the delay with pwd and perm, and say if the perm is still with dol at the time of H1-B extn with pd still current, one year extension can be still requested it seems providing enough documentation surrounding the situation beyond control ani...

on top of it, look at this link guys - https://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/2278010211/h1b-extension-when-pd-current , people in similar "h1b extn with pd current v/s perm/pwd still delayed" situations lo unnavallu maatladukuntunnaru... koncham chuudandi, clarity vasthadhi...

but kothaga rule emanna vasthey maatram, galeez untadhi situation.... fingers crossed

15 minutes ago, patela_24 said:

sharing the required info for anyone in the same boat-

nenu ma attorney ni kanukkunna - "h1-b extension beyond 6 yr with perm still processed"

she said only if my application is with national visa center, then 1 year rule anedhi apply aithadhi anta... nvc center comes into picture when we are outside usa, and during consular processing of gc aos...so, since we are physically here, all our applications are still being dealt with uscis.... one year rule in terms of priority date laantidhi emi ledhanta... i.e. "rejecting the h1-b extension just on the basis of I-485 aos not applied with in one year of PD being current"..

given the situation with dept of laabar and the delay with pwd and perm, and say if the perm is still with dol at the time of H1-B extn with pd still current, one year extension can be still requested it seems providing enough documentation surrounding the situation beyond control ani...

on top of it, look at this link guys - https://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/2278010211/h1b-extension-when-pd-current , people in similar "h1b extn with pd current v/s perm/pwd still delayed" situations lo unnavallu maatladukuntunnaru... koncham chuudandi, clarity vasthadhi...

but kothaga rule emanna vasthey maatram, galeez untadhi situation.... fingers crossed

6 hours ago, Picheshwar said:

eeda adege cheppindi

Where the adjustment of status could not be filed because the H-1B worker is no longer with the original sponsor, it will be up to the discretion of USCIS to decide whether this qualifies as a circumstance beyond the worker’s control in order to grant a one-year H-1B extension. It may be helpful to document the steps the new employer has taken to file a labor certification on behalf of the employee.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, patela_24 said:

Thanks

Dates will be retrogress in Oct 2022. Try to file H1b extn before dates current.

• Upvote 1