TRAGIC NEWS - Ex- AUSTRALIAN CRICKETER ANDREW SYMONDS PASSES AWAY AT 46

Kool_SRG

Andrew Symonds' Dogs Survived Car Crash, Refused to Leave Dead Body

The larger-than-life Symonds was hugely popular, not only for his hard-hitting approach to the game but also for his easy-going personality

ndrew Symonds’ sudden demise left the whole cricket world in shock. The 46-year-old all-rounder died on the spot as his car spun off the road in the Townsville area of Queensland, Australia. The police said that they are investigating the matter, but one thing was for sure: Symonds was gone forever. Meanwhile, details of the fateful car crash is now coming out with one of the witness revealing everything. The cricketer had no pulse and was accompanied by both of his dogs; both survived with one of them not keen to leave his dead body.

“One of them was very sensitive and didn’t want to leave him,” she said, as quoted by Australia’s Courier Mail. “It would just growl at you every time we tried to move him or go near him." She had earlier said that her partner tried to save his life, but couldn’t do so as there was no pulse. “My partner tried to get (Symonds) out of the car, to put him on to his back. “He was unconscious, not responsive, and had no pulse," the witness said.

One of the cops at the scene also revealed that there was no evidence of alcohol as well. “I think they provided the assistance they could at the time and called 000 and emergency services,” he added.

Police had earlier said emergency services attempted to revive the driver and sole occupant, but he died from his injuries after the car left the road and rolled. Authorities did not name Symonds, but he was widely identified by multiple media outlets and former players.

The larger-than-life Symonds was hugely popular, not only for his hard-hitting approach to the game but also for his easy-going personality. He was widely considered one of the most skilled all-rounders Australian cricket has seen and was a key member of the team that won back-to-back 50-over World Cups in 2003 and 2007.

55 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

I recently met with an accident and claimed and bought new car. My question is in what cases accident is danger enough to lose lives? Rollovers?

Extent of damage and safety system coming to rescue... In Many crashes and roll overs a car which was good safety feature could cut down the impact but if its more than that fate can dictate terms..

'Tried saving him but...', Local man reveals what happened after Andrew Symonds' car accident

Emergency services also tried to revive Symonds, the sole occupant of the car, but he died of his injuries, police said in a statement on Sunday.

A local from Townsville, where former Australia cricketer Andrew Symonds lost his life in a car crash, has revealed that he tried to revive Symonds. The 46-year-old died in a single-car accident late on Saturday in Queensland. 

Local resident Waylon Townson told the Nine Network that he had heard the crash and was first at the scene. "He was stuck in there, so I tried to pull him out," he told Nine. "(I) started doing CPR and checked his pulse but I didn`t get much response from him."

Emergency services also tried to revive Symonds, the sole occupant of the car, but he died of his injuries, police said in a statement on Sunday.
It was unclear why Symonds` four-wheel-drive vehicle veered off the road before rolling down an embankment.

Symonds` death occurred with Australian cricket still coming to terms with the passing of all-time greats Rod Marsh and Shane Warne, who both died in March.

A swashbuckling batsman and brilliant fielder, Symonds played 238 internationals, including 26 tests, for Australia between 1998-2009.
His death triggered tributes from around the cricketing world, with former players remembering him as a rare talent and a maverick renowned for butting heads with team management over discipline issues.

"Roy (Symonds) was never perfect, that was for sure, and he never admitted that he was," former Australia coach John Buchanan told ABC radio on Monday. "But the one thing about Roy - and one of the things that I think endeared him to most people - was that even though he made a mistake, he would openly admit that and try to rectify that and take full accountability for that."

'He always felt extremely...', Andrew Symonds' wife opens up on his sudden death

Andrew Symonds's wife said that in real life, the former Australian all-rounder was a 'big' person and that he had time for everyone, even if he was a laidback person in day-to-day life.

'He always felt extremely...', Andrew Symonds' wife opens up on his sudden death

The cricketing world suffered a shock on the morning of May 15 when the news of sudden death of former Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds was received. The World Cup winner died in a car crash at the age of 46. 

Police confirmed that the accident occurred in Hervey Range, 50 km from Townsville on Saturday night. The car Symonds was driving left the road and rolled, according to a police statement, which described it as a single-vehicle incident.

Symonds has left behind two kids and a wife. His wife Laura is still taking her time to deal with the news and fears about the future without her husband. 

In an interview to Cricket Times, she said that Symonds was a big person and that he had time for everyone, even if he was a laidback person in day-to-day life. 

"We are still in shock – I’m just thinking of the two kids. He was such a big person, and there is just so much of him in his kids. He was the most laidback person. Nothing stressed him out. He was an extremely chilled operator. So practical. He was never good with his phone, but he always had time for everyone”, said Laura.

Lauran further said that Symonds always regretted not going to University to study and not educating himself enough. She added that despite not getting degrees that he always wanted, he was still a very intelligent man. 

"He always felt extremely self-conscious about his intellect and would say ‘I didn’t go to Uni and don’t have degrees’, but he was so practical and really intelligent in his own way. He was a great commentator. He didn’t show it on the screen, but he was really nervous sometimes. He could read plays and read players and articulate it in layman’s terms. I am not a cricket nuffy, but I could understand the game when he explained it to me. He brought humor to it, and it was not serious," she said.

His Australian teammates paid tributes to the passing soul. Ricky Ponting, under whom Symonds, played most of his international cricket had high praise for all-rounder. 

He wrote on his Twitter: "If Roy shook your hand you had his word, that’s the sort of bloke he was and that's why I always wanted him on my team. An extraordinary player and even better human being. Can’t believe he’s gone. Thoughts are with his family at this time."