Is Windows Defender Firewall enough to protect my HP against malware, or Do you guys recommend me to install any other anti-virus such as Norton

Question

Don’t want to spend extra money, my lappy came with Windows defender firewall pre-installed, is that enough? I mostly visit youtube, google and gmail.

Will buy a mac book pro this thanksgiving so don’t feel like spending $50 for a year if I am gonna change it anyway

Just now, sarvayogi said:

wait few months..buy mac..and never again turn on that windows in your life..

I like windows bro.. Anduke never showed interest to buy mac/apple ..Nov varaku, I have to use this lappy for study or general things.. so debating if i shuld pay or not or if the pre installed version is good enough

4 minutes ago, Question said:

I like windows bro.. Anduke never showed interest to buy mac/apple ..Nov varaku, I have to use this lappy for study or general things.. so debating if i shuld pay or not or if the pre installed version is good enough

once use mac..you will only understand

54 minutes ago, Question said:

Don’t want to spend extra money, my lappy came with Windows defender firewall pre-installed, is that enough? I mostly visit youtube, google and gmail.

Will buy a mac book pro this thanksgiving so don’t feel like spending $50 for a year if I am gonna change it anyway

For me the best anti virus and Malware software that worked is "Malware Bytes". It saved from numerous viruses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Question said:

windows defender is enough. 

just don't open shitty sites/links. don't install pirated software 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Using Windows Defender Firewall is a good start for basic protection, especially if you're careful about the websites you visit. For your online activities like YouTube, Google, and Gmail, it should be sufficient.Since you're planning to switch to a MacBook Pro during Thanksgiving, it makes sense not to invest in additional antivirus software for your HP. Just ensure your Windows Defender is up to date and consider visiting a website with articles about tech stuff for tips on optimizing your laptop's security.Once you make the switch to macOS, you'll have a different set of security considerations.