DS 160 question

bantu04

Hello

I got 221g back in March, 2017 when i went for my h1b stamping for 2nd time. waited for few days as there was no update on my case. i applied H4 and got my stamping from the same consulate office and traveled to US. Once i reached US my employer filed a new H1b petition and it got approved. Since then i never travelled out of US.

I am planning to travel india this october, i have the following questions i would appreciate if experts can throw some light.

1. when i fill my Ds-160, for the question 'Have you ever been refused US visa?' what should be my answer? (Status of the 221g i got in March, 2017 is 'Refused' It was not changed)

2.Am i eligible for Interview waiver program? 

Thanks

29 minutes ago, bantu04 said:

Hello

I got 221g back in March, 2017 when i went for my h1b stamping for 2nd time. waited for few days as there was no update on my case. i applied H4 and got my stamping from the same consulate office and traveled to US. Once i reached US my employer filed a new H1b petition and it got approved. Since then i never travelled out of US.

I am planning to travel india this october, i have the following questions i would appreciate if experts can throw some light.

1. when i fill my Ds-160, for the question 'Have you ever been refused US visa?' what should be my answer? (Status of the 221g i got in March, 2017 is 'Refused' It was not changed)

Thanks

Check status of ur prev visa , inka admin processing unte u r good , refused ani unte refused ani pettu

58 minutes ago, bantu04 said:

Hello

Thanks

2 q ki aithe you are not eligible. as your prev visa was H4 and now you are going for H1.

Nee AP Application status check cheyyi approved or refused aa ani untadi

7 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

2 q ki aithe you are not eligible. as your prev visa was H4 and now you are going for H1.

Nee AP Application status check cheyyi approved or refused aa ani untadi

Epdu dropbox ki previous any visa unna saripothadi , same class kanakkarledu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cloud said:

Check status of ur prev visa , inka admin processing unte u r good , refused ani unte refused ani pettu

for the previous h1 which i got 221g, the case status was 'Administrative processing' until 2019.  but from march 2020  they have made a change, so any visa with status 'Administrative processing' has changed to 'Refused'. 

My manager got emails from us consulate to verify my employment and he did. but there was no status update on my case. Looks like they just stopped working on my 221g as i moved to h4?

check out this

https://redbus2us.com/us-visa-status-on-ceac-refused-for-221g-administrative-processing/

Also, when i appeared for H4 interview i did not mention and no questions from VO about the 221g or refusal.