Anyone bought I bonds from treasury direct website

ForEverJava

I bought worth of 20k to cover 2 house Income holders and looking to buy additional 5k with tax returns..

Looking to get any advice about future withdrawal and any other conditions etc..9.62% safe I felt on 20k ..atleast cash stable and 2k returns per year..money that's not needed for a while..

Any other thoughts..

Ppl looking to invest simply follow this video..

Sharing this useful info .. looking for any ppl with additional info who did invest like me..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

I bought worth of 20k to cover 2 house Income holders and looking to buy additional 5k with tax returns..

Looking to get any advice about future withdrawal and any other conditions etc..9.62% safe I felt on 20k ..atleast cash stable and 2k returns per year..money that's not needed for a while..

Any other thoughts..

Sharing this useful info .. looking for any ppl with additional info who did invest like me..

coincidentally...planning for the same...

32 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

Any other thoughts..

I couldn’t purchase in April since they put a hold on the account. Now not sure since next rate might be low.

only buy bonds when you have huge loads of money like million+ or 500k+ ...investing 20k or 50k for 7to9% returns is waste of time and value

1 hour ago, maverick19 said:

anta money vunte bonds  lo pedatam enduku? you can buy a condo and rent it out right? 

Maintenance thala potu

18 hours ago, ForEverJava said:

Any other thoughts..

3 or 5 years lopu if you withdraw edo minor clause undhi..

7 hours ago, Ministryofbadmouth said:

only buy bonds when you have huge loads of money like million+ or 500k+ ...investing 20k or 50k for 7to9% returns is waste of time and value

Adhem logic anna ,,, i am not saying to invest in ibonds but  If ibonds give a guaranteed return of 9%, that would be one of the best investments .

More than 9% guaranteed returns iche investing vehicle ledhu anna ...

Stocks markets usually also gives only  a return of 7-9% barring last few years when it had an insane bull run.

May and November lo interest rates change chestaru. Not sure what will be interest rate in coming november. Last year konnollaki bane vastunnay.  

do you guys think this interest rate will be there for next year too atleast 7%? Inflation interest goes to zero also once inflation is settled

56 minutes ago, TechSri said:

May and November lo interest rates change chestaru. Not sure what will be interest rate in coming november. Last year konnollaki bane vastunnay.  

do you guys think this interest rate will be there for next year too atleast 7%? Inflation interest goes to zero also once inflation is settled

Peddaga alochinchaledu financial advisor told and just invested those are Inflation covered good interest safe cash for next few years will use it as part of college fund for kids in 4 years

I did … 10k limit … 2k interest is not pakka … it’s variable after 6 months and if you withdraw within 5 years  last 3 months interest will be gone … I don’t know how people are getting more than 20k per household … unless they have more 18+ in home 

20 hours ago, ForEverJava said:

Any other thoughts..

Thank you for the info. This is something new for me. Will look into it.