Anyone bought I bonds from treasury direct website

ForEverJava

55 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Thank you for the info. This is something new for me. Will look into it.

2 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

Adhem logic anna ,,, i am not saying to invest in ibonds but  If ibonds give a guaranteed return of 9%, that would be one of the best investments .

More than 9% guaranteed returns iche investing vehicle ledhu anna ...

Stocks markets usually also gives only  a return of 7-9% barring last few years when it had an insane bull run.

Stocks laga compounding avutaya bonds kuda ?

1 hour ago, macha said:

I did … 10k limit … 2k interest is not pakka … it’s variable after 6 months and if you withdraw within 5 years  last 3 months interest will be gone … I don’t know how people are getting more than 20k per household … unless they have more 18+ in home 

You can buy additional bonds over 10K as a gift and hold that gift. As an example you buy 10K bond yourself for this year and can buy 10K bond as gift for your spouse and gift her next year and your spouse can buy 10K gift bond and gift to you next year provided your spouse and you don’t buy the bonds yourself next year. 

2 hours ago, familyman said:

Stocks laga compounding avutaya bonds kuda ?

Yes they do.but the interest rate changes every 6 months based on inflation  numbers . If inflation is 0, your interest for 6 months is 0.i use ibonds to park some emergency funds .

But keep in mind you can only withdraw after 1 year with 3 months penalty . 

Since I invested last year , and I can withdraw anytime with 3 month penalty , I use that for emergency fund instead of holding money in hysa for .5% apr.

Also free from state tax exemption,  may be wrong  

On 6/7/2022 at 5:18 PM, Pandubabu said:

Adhem logic anna ,,, i am not saying to invest in ibonds but  If ibonds give a guaranteed return of 9%, that would be one of the best investments .

More than 9% guaranteed returns iche investing vehicle ledhu anna ...

Stocks markets usually also gives only  a return of 7-9% barring last few years when it had an insane bull run.

l.if you dont make minimum 12% returns YOY in stock market..you better not to invest in stock market.....yeah might be bonds yields may be better for you or some other business opportunity. 

your investment strategy always should reflect your capital and your target.

if i am a 120k employee who saves 10 to 15k an year after all expenditure, investing bonds will give me 700 to 1300 returns which doent make much of a difference... rather i will look into other opportunities which will give me at least 4 to 5k

if i have 1mill+ or more i will invest considerable amount in to bonds than keeping them in savings account, which give me 7 to 10 % returns which will be huge with minimum to no risk.

situation should direct you what kind of investment you want to do.

this is my 2 cents.  

• 1 year later...
Please use [url=https://www.google.com/]Google[/url] before posting [url=http://www.wordmodules.com/topic/771829-comprar-armodafinil-150-mg-comprar-armodafinil-ordenar-armodafinil/page__gopid__773370#entry773370]Cool Gclub Blog[/url] 85_557e