Question to uncles about gold.

Pandubabu

How do you buy gold ?

If you are planning to purchase jewelery in x years of time . Is it a good idea to buy gold coins in small amounts and use them for your jewelry purchases ?

Any advantage to buying jewelry before it is actually needed ?

5 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

How do you buy gold ?

If you are planning to purchase jewelery in x years of time . Is it a good idea to buy gold coins in small amounts and use them for your jewelry purchases ?

I am also planning to buy little and send em to India when my parents leaving ? I think we can order online but I don't find anyone who can make em into bangles of sort to wear em and go

Buying bullion is a very counter intuitive way to invest in gold without immediate needs. 

Bullion price (mark up above spot), storing, risk, sending to India  - all are unnecessary issues. 

Whatever money you want to invest - buy it in gold ETFs with low cost expense ratio and no other metals in that ETF for hedge. If gold rate increases your liquidation value goes up. Same thing for opposite.

When you need to buy jewelry - sell that position and buy wherever you want. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Buying bullion is a very counter intuitive way to invest in gold without immediate needs. 

Bullion price (mark up above spot), storing, risk, sending to India  - all are unnecessary issues. 

Whatever money you want to invest - buy it in gold ETFs with low cost expense ratio and no other metals in that ETF for hedge. If gold rate increases your liquidation value goes up. Same thing for opposite.

When you need to buy jewelry - sell that position and buy wherever you want. 

Gold etfs are not appreciating to the level of jewelry rates in India is what I am noticing .I back tested to 5 years. 

59 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

How do you buy gold ?

Depends on x. If it is 8 years I will invest in SGBs. If it is around 2 years you don’t find much difference. Lately I don’t feel anything good about investing in ornamental gold. Safety and storage issues. Use of cadmium in jewellery making. Also, if you want turn gold to money there will be undefined losses.

32 minutes ago, Pandubabu said:

Gold etfs are not appreciating to the level of jewelry rates in India is what I am noticing .I back tested to 5 years. 

vaammo. how are you even coming to that conclusion? 

jewelry lo markup, making, wastage, ivanni untayi. 

jewelry appreciate avvadam enti asalu?

23 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Appreciate kadhu annayya. Basically looking at what if I I have bought a piece of jewelry 5 years before and how much it costs now vs investing in gold etf 5 years before against now  .

Makeup, wastage costs kosame ee thread vesa..

4 minutes ago, phatposts said:

showroom lu petti wastage and making charges anni kalipi flat gaa 20% 25% ani guddutunnaru. aa costs save cheyyalana nee kavi hrudayam?

Save kaadhu Uncle . Costs artham cheskovalani mee lanti seniors dhaggara .

Never bought gold by myself before 

1 hour ago, phatposts said:

jewellary buying lo wastage unna, intlo ladies wear them kaka bhayya, daily kakapoina, occassionally events, festivals ki, one can't buy that feel. 

Future lo jewelry kosam ippati nunchi planning kabatti, ippudu jewelry konala leka gold konala decide chesuko. 

Just gold aithe - refer to my 1st comment on ETFs.

Jewelry ante - ikkada bullion coins koni, INdia ki sarafara cheyyi. 

Bullion ante - 1oz biscuits/coin. Direct gaa coin teesukelte customs lo saava D. So koncham mandi they will "covert" to a raw bangle / kadiyam in the 24 ct form only and wear like jewlery. Your chances of escaping are slightly better but nothing guaranteed. Customs lo pattukunte - straight bera saralu anthe. Oka 50 grams kadiyam ki nenu 8000 inr icha 2y ago. vaadu 40K daggara start chesadu. so inka traveler skills batti anuko. 

By doing this  you are making jewelry now itself and storing in a locker. 

IDK your family situation - who this is for, who will wear, why buying etc. 

But generally speaking buying jewelry ahead of time is not my thing. good luck 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tomb__ayya said:

jewellary buying lo wastage unna, intlo ladies wear them kaka bhayya, daily kakapoina, occassionally events, festivals ki, one can't buy that feel. 

konaddu anatledu. kaani appreciate ane maata ki shock ayya. But OP kavi grudayam vere undi le

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, phatposts said:

konaddu anatledu. kaani appreciate ane maata ki shock ayya. But OP kavi grudayam vere undi le

bro, keyboard meeda just okkaa adjacent key typo tho meaning maripoyindhi 😂

57 minutes ago, Tomb__ayya said:

bro, keyboard meeda just okkaa adjacent key typo tho meaning maripoyindhi 😂

adedo bagane undi le. ala kaanicheddam.