Xtians, then Hindus and finally pissssfullsss

veerigadu

6 minutes ago, Starblazer said:

if you just want to convince me that the religion was imposed on me, then you're wrong.

unless you were born muslim, xian etc, it makes no sense to claim that you 'chose' Hinduism after doing extensive research. what were you in the meanwhile? don't tell me atheist. That's not a religion.

when I said 'you', its not meant a literal you. but in general a Hindu who claims to be one today is from a caste group who many 100s of years ago adopted brahmin religion for a variety of reasons.

Hindu religion didn't create the castes. It created the varna system, not the castes.

2 minutes ago, HugoStrange said:

Avadu kaka, pissfulls always go back and go back strong. Example India lo lite ayindi 1800’s lo, appudu thagliki Jamat ani petti went back centuries. Iran and Afghanistan other recent examples. Afghan 50,s lo and Iran 60’s lo very progressive states. Pissful vallu pissu posukuni took them back to ultra conservative

nee post choosthey nuvvu kooda chaala backward laagey unnav.

14 minutes ago, Starblazer said:

I rarely visited temples until college. I went to churches, dargahs, buddhist temples, jain temples, etc. with my friends, never visited a mosque though. read about several religions and ancient cultures. and this is what I chose for personal reasons. if you just want to convince me that the religion was imposed on me, then you're wrong.

moreover, this is funny how you consider everyone who doesn't agree to your pov as a**holes. you should try to discuss things with people with an ideology that you hate and try to understand their pov. if you're stubborn to stick to an ideology and hate everyone who opposes it, then you're nothing but a sheep.

founders of the hindu religion - the brahmins themselves don't agree on what Hinduism is. nuvvem telusukunnav?

brahmins still carry on cold war among themselves smarthas, shaivas, vaishnavas etc. What you call as Hinduism is a general union of all these. while the brahmins practise their own specific version of Hinduism.

you know coz they own it, and it has been passed down to them for generations, whereas you only have second hand awareness of what it is.

basically you are literally following a foreign religion that you can never even own. So giving up that religion is no big deal for you, or for any one in your caste group or family.

so @Starblazer tell again, why you think Hindus are liberal?

I'd say Hindus in the US are probably liberal, but Hindus in India, nah.

seeped in caste, backward ass social relations, showing authoritarian impulse etc.. hindus in India are the farthest from being liberal.

If being Hindu is worshiping all gods from all Hindu traditions, then you can add Allah, Jesus to the mix and still stay Hindu @Starblazer

because that's what HIndus are already doing when they are following Hinduism.

8 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

founders of the hindu religion - the brahmins themselves don't agree on what Hinduism is. nuvvem telusukunnav?

brahmins still carry on cold war among themselves smarthas, shaivas, vaishnavas etc. What you call as Hinduism is a general union of all these. while the brahmins practise their own specific version of Hinduism.

you know coz they own it, and it has been passed down to them for generations, whereas you only have second hand awareness of what it is.

basically you are literally following a foreign religion that you can never even own. So giving up that religion is no big deal for you, or for any one in your caste group or family.

There is plenty of hinduism without brahminism too. Liek grama devatas in villages. Even sri saialam temple used to be administered by jangam priests. brahmins occupy traditional religions and insert themselves as priests - i dont think they founded anything.

If you take a rock anywhere- make it holy - get it hudrends of thousands of followers. Then brahmin will take control of it and add it to pantheon - thats all.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

There is plenty of hinduism without brahminism too. Liek grama devatas in villages. Even sri saialam temple used to be administered by jangam priests. brahmins occupy traditional religions and insert themselves as priests - i dont think they founded anything.

you can call them hinduism, if you like. that's one way of appropriating Hinduism from the brahmins. sure.

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

If you take a rock anywhere- make it holy - get it hudrends of thousands of followers. Then brahmin will take control of it and add it to pantheon - thats all.

the theological philosophy which Hinduism today boasts of is brahmin creation. yes, whether you like it or not, they are the founders of Hinduism.

you can create forks out of it sure.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

you can call them hinduism, if you like. that's one way of appropriating Hinduism from the brahmins. sure.

chaa .. "approriating " from thieves ? looks like new meaning of the word approrpiration.

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

If being Hindu is worshiping all gods from all Hindu traditions, then you can add Allah, Jesus to the mix and still stay Hindu @Starblazer

because that's what HIndus are already doing when they are following Hinduism.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Meeru iddaru ila passage lu rasukoni kottukuntarane aa psycho veerigadu post thread esadu, realize ayyi kottukodam aapi pani suskondi 

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I already told him that unless he worships some grama devata, the 'Hinduism' he's taught is the brahmin religion.

even when the idol is local, the language around the worship is brahminist.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

the theological philosophy which Hinduism today boasts of is brahmin creation. yes, whether you like it or not, they are the founders of Hinduism.

you can create forks out of it sure.

Vivek cheppada neeku ? hindusim doesnt even have a philopsphy, its something europeans cobbled together for their own fantasies and Vivek and Aurobindo added some dash to it by copying european philosophers.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

I already told him that unless he worships some grama devata, the 'Hinduism' he's taught is the brahmin religion.

even when the idol is local, the language around the worship is brahminist.

it is highly doubtful and i dont think the gods themselves are a brahmin creation. they appropriated them with their caste classification. Look at how they portray Shiva - someone covered with ash and snakes and as doing "bhikshatana" - i dont think it is their god. 

ANyway i am not interested in that. Gods belong to people. People will own them.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

chaa .. "approriating " from thieves ? looks like new meaning of the word approrpiration.

sure. good luck convincing high castes to give up brahminical traditions in Hinduism. then non-brahmins can reclaim Hinduism and leave.

personally I'm atheist, and have only contempt for all religions, no exceptions, including Islam.