How chinese buffets survive with 7$ per head with vast lavish buffets?

anna_vendy

Some answers collected so far

Former Official Troll BusterAuthor has 6K answers and 5.1M answer viewsUpdated 2y

I have known a few Chinese restaurant/buffet owners in the US. The following is from what I have been told directly by them as well as those that have worked at these places.

1. Get the cheapest labor possible. Often family members and/or illegal aliens.

2. Make the above work long hours. If not family members the staff usually get no benefits. In the US they let the customers pay through tips.

3. The buffets themselves – nothing is wasted. If the food is not finished in one pan it is mixed up with fresh food added the next day. Therefore you never know if what you are eating is fresh or not. This is especially true in those 24 hour buffets.

4. The white rice that is left over from one customer is washed in a special washer and reheated and given to another. They (the customers) never know the difference.

5. Any food that looks old gets a dash of food coloring to make it look fresh again. This is especially true for fried rice.

6. If some food falls on the floor in the kitchen, guess what? It is not thrown away. If it is not noticeably dirty it is served anyway.

7. Smoked meats such as ham are often used in different soups and other dishes to mask the taste of the other stale ingredients. Again, the customer never knows the difference.

8. Unless the restaurant explicitly states that they do not use MSG, the stuff is used liberally. (I personally do not think MSG is dangerous, but there are those that do. Be aware of this practice.)

This is why I have been warned by many Chinese waiters in NYC to NEVER eat off the buffets. Never. Despite the fact that they, as employees, were allowed to eat off the buffets or take food from the buffets home for free, they never did. Rather, they would spend their own money and get food freshly made in front of them at other Chinese fast food places.

I shudder to think that what goes on in these Chinese restaurants goes on in other places as well.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, anna_vendy said:

Watermilon koda ratla a dabulaki, How are they even surviving on 7$ bufet meals? or they using some unethical food preparation manner?

Where did you see a 7$ buffet I saw $15 ones with tax almost $20

46 minutes ago, anna_vendy said:

Some answers collected so far

Former Official Troll BusterAuthor has 6K answers and 5.1M answer viewsUpdated 2y

I have known a few Chinese restaurant/buffet owners in the US. The following is from what I have been told directly by them as well as those that have worked at these places.

1. Get the cheapest labor possible. Often family members and/or illegal aliens.

2. Make the above work long hours. If not family members the staff usually get no benefits. In the US they let the customers pay through tips.

3. The buffets themselves – nothing is wasted. If the food is not finished in one pan it is mixed up with fresh food added the next day. Therefore you never know if what you are eating is fresh or not. This is especially true in those 24 hour buffets.

4. The white rice that is left over from one customer is washed in a special washer and reheated and given to another. They (the customers) never know the difference.

5. Any food that looks old gets a dash of food coloring to make it look fresh again. This is especially true for fried rice.

6. If some food falls on the floor in the kitchen, guess what? It is not thrown away. If it is not noticeably dirty it is served anyway.

7. Smoked meats such as ham are often used in different soups and other dishes to mask the taste of the other stale ingredients. Again, the customer never knows the difference.

8. Unless the restaurant explicitly states that they do not use MSG, the stuff is used liberally. (I personally do not think MSG is dangerous, but there are those that do. Be aware of this practice.)

This is why I have been warned by many Chinese waiters in NYC to NEVER eat off the buffets. Never. Despite the fact that they, as employees, were allowed to eat off the buffets or take food from the buffets home for free, they never did. Rather, they would spend their own money and get food freshly made in front of them at other Chinese fast food places.

I shudder to think that what goes on in these Chinese restaurants goes on in other places as well.

what's the difference indian restaurants also do the same except the price difference

49 minutes ago, Bajanabatch said:

what's the difference indian restaurants also do the same except the price difference

Desi restaurants r much much better compared to them and recently in NJ atleast, many restaurants are making & serving fresh food every day. They do prepare curry/masala pastes ahead but preparation of dish will be fresh. 

6 minutes ago, ZoomNaidu said:

Desi restaurants r much much better compared to them and recently in NJ atleast, many restaurants are making & serving fresh food every day. They do prepare curry/masala pastes ahead but preparation of dish will be fresh. 

I doubt it unless you visited each restaurant and made sure most restaurants just refrigerate and reheat it and serve as they can't lose money due to loss of time

6 minutes ago, ZoomNaidu said:

Curry masala paste and non veg ni half fry chesi pettukuntaru order vachinapudu adhi thesi use chestahru but not wrong in my view .. how can they cook all menu in 30 mins 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bajanabatch said:

I doubt it unless you visited each restaurant and made sure most restaurants just refrigerate and reheat it and serve as they can't lose money due to loss of time

They don’t refrigerate … they will refregerate cooked and fried meat and use it when order comes … 

22 minutes ago, argadorn said:

Curry masala paste and non veg ni half fry chesi pettukuntaru order vachinapudu adhi thesi use chestahru but not wrong in my view .. how can they cook all menu in 30 mins 

bro time vundadhu bro antha vallu days in advance refrigerate chestaru door dash, ubereats etc., pick up orders, buffet, dine in orders, catering orders ivanni maintain cheyyalante time undadhu there have been many instances in many indian restaurants where the food didn't taste good but ppl go on with it as they can't do much as they r literally addicted to food p@rn