History of South India

kakatiya

45 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Bro throw some light on Rashtrakutas.. it looks they created a big empire based out of South India

Even before rashrakutas, read an interesting love story between koudinya 1 of kalinga (Orissa) and prince soma, pirate queen  of Cambodia.. 

Soma the pirate queen attacked merchant ship of koudinya 1. He fought her back..but ship was wrecked in Andaman sea.. and before princess soma attacked koudinya for second time..she fell in love with koudinya 1 and he said yes..

They formed kingdom in first century AD, credit goes to queen soma, first queen and founder  2000 years ago, that ruled cambodia , laos,  parts of Thailand.   The royal kingdom exists even today after 2000 years, and monarch of Cambodia. 

The last time queen ruled that area is by prabhavati in 6th century .

Kaudinya 1 was probably born to a wealthy bhramin coast merchants somewhere between ganjam in orrisa and present day Srikakulam.. 

Their successors promoted viashnavism, shivism..built many temples including Angkor vat. Many Vishnu and bhrama temples where built in laos , Thailand, Cambodia .

They also married Chinese princess and heavily traded with Chinese kings and used Buddhism for embassies . Buddhists monks Sangapala and mudrasena converted Buddhist scriptures to Chinese from local Khmer language .

1280px-Hinduism_Expansion_in_Asia.svg.pn

1 hour ago, Swatkat said:

Pemmasanis, kakatiyas, musunuru nayaks motham kamma kings ruled andhra for many centuries

Bro first thing ..change your DP.. please 

And coming to caste system..modern day reddis, kammas , kapus where formed sometime in 16th ,17th century..mostly from peasant farmers community, 200 years after fall of reddi kingdom and musunuru nayaks. 

So they are not related 

This is as per somasekhar Sharma who did very extensive research on this topic. 

13 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

And coming to caste system..modern day reddis, kammas , kapus where formed sometime in 16th ,17th century..mostly from peasant farmers community, 200 years after fall of reddi kingdom and musunuru nayaks. 

So they are not related 

@Shameless na dp meedha oaddarenti?

2 hours ago, kakatiya said:

Hello long ago I posted some threads regarding musunuru nayaks, kakatiyas , kondaveedu fort .. kondaveedu is my most favourite , it was epicenter of reddi dynasty.

I explored this fort several times in 2000 , when it was in ruins and off limits to public. 

http://www.andhrafriends.com/topic/454007-kondaveedu-kota/#comments

the history of South India is least popular other than vijaynaagara empire , cholas.  

I would like to focus on this thread on history of South India from prehistoric times to fall of vijaynaagara...

My source of content is books mainly written by nilakanta sastri , mallampalli somasekhar Sharma and few others. 

do you know the origin of South Indian castes like kapu, Naidu, kamma etc after the collapse of vijayanagara empire what happened to ashta diggajas??

2 hours ago, kakatiya said:

Hello long ago I posted some threads regarding musunuru nayaks, kakatiyas , kondaveedu fort .. kondaveedu is my most favourite , it was epicenter of reddi dynasty.

I explored this fort several times in 2000 , when it was in ruins and off limits to public. 

http://www.andhrafriends.com/topic/454007-kondaveedu-kota/#comments

the history of South India is least popular other than vijaynaagara empire , cholas.  

I would like to focus on this thread on history of South India from prehistoric times to fall of vijaynaagara...

My source of content is books mainly written by nilakanta sastri , mallampalli somasekhar Sharma and few others. 

let's say I have a surname from a caste like Kshatriyas, kamma, brahmin or something like that how do I trace my ancestry how do I know whether my ancestors were kings, workers or mantris or fighters etc in vijayanagara time?? how do I find that?? CAN ANYONE HERE HELP ME WITH THAT HOW DO I FIND WHO I AM AND WHAT MY ABILITIES ARE??

1 hour ago, kakatiya said:

So they are not related 

what you said is wrong.

Pemmasani Nayaks were a ruling clan in the south Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.[3][4] They came into prominence during Vijayanagara times as rulers of Gandikota over 300 years.[5][6][7][8][9] After the Battle of Talikota in 1565 AD, the collapse of Vijayanagara Empire led to the emergence of Pemmasani Nayakas in the Rayalaseema region. They belonged to the Kamma social group.[3]

AS PER WIKIPEDIA

3 minutes ago, Bajanabatch said:

what you said is wrong.

Pemmasani Nayaks were a ruling clan in the south Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.[3][4] They came into prominence during Vijayanagara times as rulers of Gandikota over 300 years.[5][6][7][8][9] After the Battle of Talikota in 1565 AD, the collapse of Vijayanagara Empire led to the emergence of Pemmasani Nayakas in the Rayalaseema region. They belonged to the Kamma social group.[3]

AS PER WIKIPEDIA

They all moved to chennai after the fall of kingdom and settled in an ariund chennai and i know a town full of them from gandikota

1 minute ago, Swatkat said:

They all moved to chennai after the fall of kingdom and settled in an ariund chennai and i know a town full of them from gandikota

I mean he said Pemmasanis are not related to kammas that's wrong they are related they are kammas

2 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

Vallu bhalishtam ga vuntara army genes kada??? what about Andhra kammas????