Wifi router for single family home

AryaD

Home owners - what Wi-Fi router you guys are using to cover 2000-2500 sq ft of house . Looking to connect regular electronics and external security cameras. Anyone using mesh Wi-Fi and is it better for medium sized homes or over kill ?

8 minutes ago, AryaD said:

Home owners - what Wi-Fi router you guys are using to cover 2000-2500 sq ft of house . Looking to connect regular electronics and external security cameras. Anyone using mesh Wi-Fi and is it better for medium sized homes or over kill ?

Depends on the no of floors you have and the overall layout. Try Eero from Amazon and decide if your connectivity is any better with that. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kreole_ said:

Depends on the no of floors you have and the overall layout. Try Eero from Amazon and decide if your connectivity is any better with that. 

Mine is single floor

12 minutes ago, Kreole_ said:

Are you facing issues now when you place the router in your living room? 

Yes , using very old netgear router and I don’t have Wi-Fi signal in bedrooms when I place the router in the living room along with modem . 

2 hours ago, AryaD said:

Use MESH , I got one from Costco 2.5yrs back , since then no WiFi issues 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AryaD said:

Go with any MESH stuff 

• Thanks 1

Router ni middle of the house lo pettagaligithe better results. As everyone said, try Mesh or Access points. Mesh is simpler and easier to setup. Access points kaasta initial setup time padtundi. 

Eero, Google, Orbi - Mesh setup is good. TPLink mesh is actually poor. 

Access points ante - Ubiquiti vaadivi choodu. These are geared towards enterprise level stuff at home, if needed you can do advanced things, scale the sh!t out of them if you wish to, add more and more APs etc. Equipment is expensive. 

I use their UniFi Dream Machine as a router in the middle of a 2000 sft house. It works flawlessly for us through out. No extra mesh, APs avasaram padaledu inka. 

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/Reyee-Wireless-Omnidirectional-Antennas-Internet/dp/B09GFP2FHL

Get this wifi 6 router, it's about $110. It's going great for our 3000 sqft 2 story house. I have a lot (25) of IOT devices.

If you have dead spots and would like to add additional router to mesh, you can get https://www.amazon.com/Reyee-High-Gain-Antennas-Wireless-Beamforming/dp/B09GFLV3LV/ ($60).

So far I'm super happy with just Wifi router. Taking full advantage of high speed internet in all rooms. 

25 minutes ago, Sreeven said:

Eero better..easy to join..2 floors aithe minimum 2 kavali..

Are you using Eero. Reviews are mixed about Eero. Netgear is damn expensive and no idea about google nest. Does anyone use long range wifi6 router AX series.

brand and price tharuvatha decide avvu. First you need to know type of wifi routers u need in such a way that it is upto date in current tech/security + should be future proof for at least 4 - 5 yrs.

Wifi 6 is the latest tech and current one too....so make sure ur router is Wifi 6 and there are dual band and triband routers

Dual band = one 5 ghz band and another 2.4 ghz band....most of the routers are by default dual band these days

Triband = two 5 ghz bands and one 2.4 ghz. So basically u get additional 5 ghz band...little expensive than dual, but for single family house with multiple devices + security cams etc etc, I prefer triband for seemless internet.

Mesh lo min 2 routers untai (one primary and another satellite), I would go for Mesh which has min of 3 total. So that intlo anni corner cover avthadi...4 unte inka better, if its bigger house and has basement.

Wifi 6 ki next one already launched, its called Wifi 6E. Indulo 6ghz band kottaga US Govt approval ichindi....watch some videos what is 6ghz band and how better it is than 5ghz. Next few yrs anni brands will release 6ghz since it has huge advantage. As of now, very few electronic devices has this band...but if ur buying now and planning to use router for 5yrs, then go for 6E

Costo lo TP Link Deco 6E Triband mesh wifi deal lo undi....$299 and cheapest of other brands ($500+ unnai bayata).

Use it for a month and then decide if this is good oresle return it and go for only Wifi 6 (Eero is good ani vinna)