Real estate question to seasoned real estate uncles

Pandubabu

I am on h1b . I am not planning to return to India unless they kick me out of country.

I like living in US . 

So my question is , is it worth investing in land in India for better returns against investing in US real estate or US equities (8% return rate )

If you have invested in india previously,  how did that  work for you ?

Only invest in land in India if you have someone safeguarding it, otherwise just top up the 401k and invest in some S&P500 index fund  

Dont even think of buying an apartment in India , complete waste of money

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pandubabu said:

I am on h1b . I am not planning to return to India unless they kick me out of country.

I like living in US . 

So my question is , is it worth investing in land in India for better returns against investing in US real estate or US equities (8% return rate )

Pandu babu garu tagalbaddara. Meru india ki tagalabettaru. Ikade tagalbetandi edhina.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:46 PM, Ryzen_renoir said:

Only invest in land in India if you have someone safeguarding it, otherwise just top up the 401k and invest in some S&P500 index fund  

Dont even think of buying an apartment in India , complete waste of money

I completely agree with that. Personal ga father/father in law health bagundi chuskuntaru ante teesuko. Ledu ante ikkade invest cheyi.

Friends/Brother/Brother in law koda not fully reliable. Valaki pillalu responsibilties/karchulu vastayi and they will not look after it very well. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2022 at 11:23 PM, Pandubabu said:

I like living in US . 

I will tell my story  , I invested my first 10 years of earnings in India. All are four to five times high . Once I have kids, started buying home and investing in US . That really worked out for me. Always remember anything invest India make sure that is in your name, don’t trust anyone in India, you travel to India and invest.

if you want returns India land is the best investment or US stocks. India land investment earnings are easy but risks ( with cheating cases )are high. US stocks earnings are hard but risk are less( no cheating)

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, FaskRaja said:

Bro na opinion avthe parents ki untadaniki illu, car and then oka asset india lo konu (like apartment which gives rent) and leave it to parents for expenses… 

rest all ikkade petuko.. compare the $ in 2011 its 43INR now ite 80INR em cheyakunna double aindi ga. Try in SP500, QQQ and 401K which gave more than 10-12 % returns. 

nee time bagundi rates padipothe illu konuko, if you already have one buy another and try to get rent out of it.. rent lo neeku em migaladu long term chusthe  rent will have 50-60% of principal paid.. 

see India lo double kaadu triple avthai land values but mostly it will be black Nd getting back here is difficult more over evadu secure chesthadu.. india lo evadino nammi konnali and evado take care chestha antadu (unless its own parents dont risk) No offense brother/sisters chustharu annte kuda lite vaalu manchole avachu vaala spouse will change the mind as everyone thinks veedu USA lo unnadu masthu paisalu unnayi why to give him annate untundi lokam.. 

nee money  nee control lo undali ba...siblings ni trust chesi long term unchatam is risk.paina point will trigger  in their mind at some time down the lane 

parents meedha antha pressure undatam not good for long term... manaki sepparu kaani vallu chaala pressure go through avutharu... to safe guard and maintain those properties..

• 1 year later...

Even though the thread is two years old, your question about investing in land in India versus US real estate or equities remains relevant. To make a well-informed decision, it's essential to consider various factors, including market conditions, potential returns, and your long-term financial goals.
For a deeper understanding of property investment concepts, such as freehold vs. leasehold, you can check out this informative article on https://www.investasian.com/property-investment/freehold-vs-leasehold-property/. This knowledge will help you evaluate your options and make a choice that aligns with your financial aspirations, regardless of when the original discussion took place.

• 7 months later...

Investing in land in India can offer decent returns, especially with the country’s ongoing urbanization and economic growth, but it can be difficult to manage remotely, and the market can be unpredictable. U.S. real estate and equities offer more stability and easier management, especially if you plan to stay here long-term. If you’re an agent, consider how platforms like eXp Realty and their exp realty commission split model could boost your income, helping you invest more confidently either way.

Neeku 50 years vachaka IT job untunda. GC unna citizen ayina after 50 kashtam IT lo. US lo undadam waste after 50. India lo luxury untundi. US ki visiting ki ra yearly once and retire in india.  India lo invest chesinavi india lo ne untay inka no need to bring here