Savings account or etf

Abhagyudu

Have around 50k in checking in case  house down payment kosam. Epudu lite tesukonna..so ee time lo ee amount ni VTI lo pedatam anukuntunna..is it better or putting in a savings account with 2% interest a better one..almost high yield savings account anni 2% estunnayi

8 hours ago, veerigadu said:

Series I Savings Bonds

If you are married, nee peru meedha nee wife peru meedha kalipiii oka 20K padeyyyyi.

Inko 10k vanguard index funds lo pettu. 

Another 20K eppuduuu savings lo pettukooo...Chill. 

which savings bayya..wellsfargo gives next to nothing 0.01 APY

Also with Series I savings bonds - it says interest amount would be added to the Bond monthly and paid when you cash the bond. Is it possible to invest that interest money also every month? I guess not as they can not 9.6 % apy in that case. but just checking. 

9 hours ago, Abhagyudu said:

Have around 50k in checking in case  house down payment kosam. Epudu lite tesukonna..so ee time lo ee amount ni VTI lo pedatam anukuntunna..is it better or putting in a savings account with 2% interest a better one..almost high yield savings account anni 2% estunnayi

do not get into stocks, specially that amount of money that you cannot live losing it in short term

upcoming downturn is not like 2020, it will last longer, time the market when it low, what we are seeing hardly 20% down

58 minutes ago, chantigaduUS said:

which savings bayya..wellsfargo gives next to nothing 0.01 APY

Also with Series I savings bonds - it says interest amount would be added to the Bond monthly and paid when you cash the bond. Is it possible to invest that interest money also every month? I guess not as they can not 9.6 % apy in that case. but just checking. 

Discover is giving 2% bro. Bonus 200 if you deposit 25000

28 minutes ago, Abhagyudu said:

Discover is giving 2% bro. Bonus 200 if you deposit 25000

I see.  I just checked as well SOFI is doing 2% and with 2 direct deposits giving 450 bonus..and 2% APY going forward for the balance. I think this is better than what I saw out there..

14 hours ago, Abhagyudu said:

If you don't need money in 5 years , go in vti.

If you need around  1 year 20k ibonds + 30k CDs ( 1 year ladder yielding close to 4%)

You also have 3 month and 6 month CDs yielding between 3 and 3.5%

If you want before 3 months , keep it in your hysa , that's giving around 1.5% as well