2023 CRV hybrid

Googlie

9 hours ago, Googlie said:

Kia cars resale and long time value hold chestaya? 
kia has worst depreciation ani vinna 

I feel kia came a long way and these are better alternatives to top tier brands. Think about depreciation only when you want to use couple of years and trade in, otherwise, I don't think depreciation doesn't matter much. 

For me, I am looking for long term use, hence I am thinking of going with this.

8 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

I feel kia came a long way and these are better alternatives to top tier brands. Think about depreciation only when you want to use couple of years and trade in, otherwise, I don't think depreciation doesn't matter much. 

Let’s say Kia Niro costs 34,000$ and CRV costs 42,000$ 

you use car for 10 years and it has 150,000 miles on it 

don’t you think you will get the extra 8000$ invested in CRV will come back when you sell it after 10 years ? Hondas are good to use for 200,000+ miles 

12 minutes ago, vatsayana said:

Yup, you need to think depreciation if you plan on changing vehicle in 3-4 years. But Kia/Hyundai is giving 10 year warranty so if you plan to use it for more than 10 years then no need to think about depreciation so much. Just need to make sure vehicle is reliable and backed by manufacturer warranty.

34 minutes ago, Googlie said:

don’t you think you will get the extra 8000$ invested in CRV will come back when you sell it after 10 years ? Hondas are good to use for 200,000+ miles 

so you want to hold the $8000 with 0% return for 10 years?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Right and Wrong.

Right:  is that Honda will have more value than Kia. 

Wrong: your thought is correct when you go back 5-10 years. However, in this current situation, there are more and more EVs coming to market and with cheaper price and better mileage. So, after 10 years, you cannot expect Honda will return you 8000 more than others. also, keep in mind that you are paying 8000 more than kia upfront Plus interest.

14 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

so you want to hold the $8000 with 0% return for 10 years?

_-_ 

• Upvote 1

If it a small family and SUV is only for the space factor, try looking for used Hyundai Equus or Genesis. Bloody good cars and the they hold their value very well if you buy seconds. The hyundai top of the line cars are value for the buck. Equus is the same class as a BMW 7 series or S-Class. They have pretty good boot space as well. 

But, if it is a SUV you want for sure, try a old car in the Chevy/Dodge range for now. You will get it low and when the chip issue gets resolved buy the latest Honda or any other car you need. In the current market Honda/Toyotas are priced way over their value.

On 9/19/2022 at 2:21 PM, jsk423 said:

Bro...naa car last week accident ayyindi..insurance vaadu total loss avutademo annadu but inka confirm cheyyaledu. for now I'm using rental car that I got with insurance. Total ayite I need to get another car. em chesthe better?

subscribe to drivego if available in city. best option

https://drivego.com/vehicle-explore/30040

On 9/21/2022 at 9:23 PM, Paamu said:

old tesla elaa untadi may be 7-8 years old vi with less mileage. Are they still good ? Battery condition okati important kadaa ?

Battery pothe biscuit ye ah car inka .. Antha old car konatam Entha varaku correct anedi u must question, when there are options available with other models