Regarding my passport status

nikhilboorla

It's been 100 days i submitted my passport at Hyderabad VAC for H1 stamping on June 22.... still didn't get passport but status showing as ISSUED since July 6.. sending weekly mail to nivnd since then..... finally got reply from nivnd stating that my case was refused under Section 221(g) for administrative processing.... how is this possible as status showing "ISSUED" .Please help and let me know anyone in same situation

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, nikhilboorla said:

It's been 100 days i submitted my passport at Hyderabad VAC for H1 stamping on June 22.... still didn't get passport but status showing as ISSUED since July 6.. sending weekly mail to nivnd since then..... finally got reply from nivnd stating that my case was refused under Section 221(g) for administrative processing.... how is this possible as status showing "ISSUED" .Please help and let me know anyone in same situation

bhayya don't worry ...

its common ... for status to change from issue to refused ...

refused does not mean 'denied' .... 'denied' means only visa was rejected ...

refused means ... visa was refused as status on that day !!! that status valid only for that day ...

it will remain 'refused' until it is under administrative processing (221g) ...

n administrative processing can take any where of 4 weeks ... !!!

so keep checking status and reaching out to them ...

do not worry !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, yoda123 said:

bhayya don't worry ...

its common ... for status to change from issue to refused ...

refused does not mean 'denied' .... 'denied' means only visa was rejected ...

refused means ... visa was refused as status on that day !!! that status valid only for that day ...

it will remain 'refused' until it is under administrative processing (221g) ...

n administrative processing can take any where of 4 weeks ... !!!

so keep checking status and reaching out to them ...

do not worry !!

Thanks bro...calling them everyday but they say escalated this case to higher authorities and keep saying this every time i call them and when i check cgi portal it mentioned "Escalated to post" under feedback section as they escalated the case.

i have never heard anyone waiting for this long in ISSUED status to get passport.

Horrible!!