Is this true about EV cars ??

Googlie

11 minutes ago, Hyderabad_Developers said:

I have a Tesla... bottom line is it doesn't cost any cheaper than my ICE now. I used to make a ton when I had free supercharging.

ICE ? 

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

His points are sensible but not sure if his numbers are correct though 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CinoP_4By5D/?igshid=NDc0ODY0MjQ=

This idiot is probably funded by Big Oil corporation.

EVs are at a very early phase. 

Remember ICE ... how they were highly inefficient when they first started. They are 10 times more efficient now.

Similarly battery vehicles have just started.....with solid state batteries and other advancements, they would be far more efficient and cheaper than they are today. There is no future for ICE....they are bunch of scrap.

• Upvote 2

That person may be funded by Oil Corporations but what he is saying is true. There is a cost to "current electric vehicle technology". You need lithion ion batteries for which cobalt, nickel, copper all needs to be mined.

Electric vehicles need electricity for charging which is produced by coal, thermal power stations, hydroelectric, nuclear. Solar wind makes a very small portion of the same. Solar being inefficient for about 23-28% generation and has issues with the Sun being not present 24 hours a day. so you have to store the excess energy generated.

The correct way is to gradually reduce the ICE vehicles and go with electric, fuel cell, hydrogen cell and so on. No one size will work for all.

All the raw materials needed to make the battery is not available in one country. Raw materials like lithium, civiltà, manganese, silver etc will get pricier once the real demand for EV’s increased by multi fold. EV today can be compared to ICE of 1960’s where gas was $5/barrel and today it’s $100/barrel and all the ugly wars to control the energy and oil supply. The same thing will repeat to EV’s..

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hyderabad_Developers said:

I have a Tesla... bottom line is it doesn't cost any cheaper than my ICE now. I used to make a ton when I had free supercharging.

Are you uber car driver?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

Remember ICE ... how they were highly inefficient when they first started. They are 10 times more efficient now.

Similarly battery vehicles have just started.....with solid state batteries and other advancements, they would be far more efficient and cheaper than they are today. There is no future for ICE....they are bunch of scrap.

Bro I agree you have purchased a Tesla very recently and you are right in justifying it. But there are tons of issues with EVs. The supply chain for battery production is not matured. We do not even have a proper supply chain. How can you say ICE is crap? All the knowledge gained on car technology since the first time Benz was made in 1880s by German Engineer is utilized in making Battery car. But its still far far far away from having a cost feasible and easily adaptable EV car to come to the market. Chill kaaka

EVs are much better future wise as we can source electricity to more greener ways going forward, or even nuclear energy.

cost wise there is more premium you pay upfront. so there is no case for it being cheaper than ICE.

6 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

true .. even ICE vehicle now have efficiency of 30 %, meaning only 30 % of the Gas that you put in is actually used for moving the vehicle, rest goes to waste, heat etc. With that said..i think ICE and EV vehicles co exists at least for next 20 years. My be 40-60, or 60-40 market share is what I am guessing. 

He is true but only partially. If you buy electric car then you make emissions by just purchasing which a gas car takes 2 years to make same amount of emissions. But in long run your emissions are less for EV. but if you get electricity from bad sources like burning coal then it’s bad again. People shifting more to solar wind and hydro energy it’s more cleaner in long run. 

watch this for some rough estimate comparisons.