Is this true about EV cars ??

Googlie

9 hours ago, Hyderabad_Developers said:

I have a Tesla... bottom line is it doesn't cost any cheaper than my ICE now. I used to make a ton when I had free supercharging.

Charging at home isn’t that pricey unless you live in a city where electric per kWh prices are high. Also EV cars have less moving parts compared to ICE, so the maintenance should be less. But EVs are still early phase where any repair is very costly due to limited source of repair locations. 

13 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

Charging at home isn’t that pricey unless you live in a city where electric per kWh prices are high. Also EV cars have less moving parts compared to ICE, so the maintenance should be less. But EVs are still early phase where any repair is very costly due to limited source of repair locations. 

True. I have only 12A/120VAC charger so max 5 miles/charger. Comparatively I have spent only about $350 for oil changes for my Honda CR-V in the last 6 years. I utilize their mobile service so it is actually more comfortable.

5 hours ago, bharathicement said:

Are you uber car driver?

Haha... ledu but drove 40K miles last year. Okasari Yellow Stone ki velthene 4K miles ayindi.

8 hours ago, krishnaaa said:

This idiot is probably funded by Big Oil corporation.

EVs are at a very early phase. 

Remember ICE ... how they were highly inefficient when they first started. They are 10 times more efficient now.

Similarly battery vehicles have just started.....with solid state batteries and other advancements, they would be far more efficient and cheaper than they are today. There is no future for ICE....they are bunch of scrap.

its clear that you didn't understand the core point, which is mining and battery manufacturing

EV cars are the next scam from America exported to the world

if ICE cars are immoral by degree of 7 in terms of damaging environment, EV cars may be at 8 unless there is roadmap for recycling the batteries

31 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

what is the average shelf life of EV car, hardly 8-10 yrs, ICE cars runs easily for 15-20 yrs

less moving parts is a myth, EV cars will spend more on tires due to excessive weight of batteries and potential for battery failures

• Upvote 1

EV or Hybrid cars warranty ayyaka battery replace cheyalante khel khatam as it would cost as much as a new car or atleast a shiat ton of money..so used kone vallu jara choosukondi va , they are good for 8-10 years mostly..

5 hours ago, Hyderabad_Developers said:

True. I have only 12A/120VAC charger so max 5 miles/charger. Comparatively I have spent only about $350 for oil changes for my Honda CR-V in the last 6 years. I utilize their mobile service so it is actually more comfortable.

You can do anything you want. But they recommend brake fluid flush and transmission flush and brake changes depending on how many miles you drove. You can skip everything but it’s not good for car. 

5 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

what is the average shelf life of EV car, hardly 8-10 yrs, ICE cars runs easily for 15-20 yrs

less moving parts is a myth, EV cars will spend more on tires due to excessive weight of batteries and potential for battery failures

8-10 yrs aa lol. There are EV cars which went around 500,000 miles in short period. They last longer than ICE cars. Less moving parts isn’t a myth. It’s truth. Do your research on what’s inside electric engine vs gas engine. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

its clear that you didn't understand the core point, which is mining and battery manufacturing

if ICE cars are immoral by degree of 7 in terms of damaging environment, EV cars may be at 8 unless there is roadmap for recycling the batteries

It’s early but there is lot of research and effort going in battery recycling. Because it saves a ton of money for companies too. Read Tesla environmental impact. 

23 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

Its clear that you didn't understand my comment.

You may go back and reread.

ICE vehicles are a huge SCAM. When did it become ok to slap our kids with toxic chemicals on their face?

Mining will become better....but for mining to become better people have to buy EVs.

Robotics for mining, recycling, solar power generation, reduction of cobolt in batteries , solid state batteries are all going to happen faster only through mass production and implementation which requires massive amount of capital. And this capital would come only if people buy EVs.

Have some common sense.

Same set of people said why would anyone buy a smelly car that breaks down every couple of miles when  horse carriages are so reliable. Look where we are now.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, krishnaaa said:

Its clear that you didn't understand my comment.

You may go back and reread.

ICE vehicles are a huge SCAM. When did it become ok to slap our kids with toxic chemicals on their face?

Mining will become better....but for mining to become better people have to buy EVs.

Robotics for mining, recycling, solar power generation, reduction of cobolt in batteries , solid state batteries are all going to happen faster only through mass production and implementation which requires massive amount of capital. And this capital would come only if people buy EVs.

Have some common sense.

Same set of people said why would anyone buy a smelly car that breaks down every couple of miles when  horse carriages are so reliable. Look where we are now.

how does robots improve mining, does robots have ability to extract only lithium and leave rest of the ore there itself?

people buying more does not address the issue, lithium is already up in price many times, prices of cars will be highly volatile with increasing demand for EV's 

you must be drinking too much koolaid from Tesla, wake and smell real cofee, hyderogen fuel cells with the reality in 3-4 yrs, at max EV's will hardly fill 10-15% but not going to replace all ICE

DC charging network is pathetic even for teslas, it might be good for local but not for families driving over 300 miles

at max, EV's are good second cars for local commute

You might have driven a $hitty car, Hondas/Toyotas drive 100K with just oil changes, they last forever, its not going to same with EV's, either battery goes dead of it catches first somewhere, see florida floods and check reports about flooded cars catching fires when wet

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

how does robots improve mining, does robots have ability to extract only lithium and leave rest of the ore there itself?

people buying more does not address the issue, lithium is already up in price many times, prices of cars will be highly volatile with increasing demand for EV's 

you must be drinking too much koolaid from Tesla, wake and smell real cofee, hyderogen fuel cells with the reality in 3-4 yrs, at max EV's will hardly fill 10-15% but not going to replace all ICE

DC charging network is pathetic even for teslas, it might be good for local but not for families driving over 300 miles

at max, EV's are good second cars for local commute

You might have driven a $hitty car, Hondas/Toyotas drive 100K with just oil changes, they last forever, its not going to same with EV's, either battery goes dead of it catches first somewhere, see florida floods and check reports about flooded cars catching fires when wet

Hydrogen Fuel cell cars are inefficient and has been proven already.

Tesla is working on million mile batteries with maxwell capacitors in the front to charge and discharge very quickly and reduce battery cycles.

And then SSDs are coming.

https://electrek.co/2022/07/19/how-solid-state-ev-batteries-could-cut-emissions-by-up-to-39/

1 minute ago, krishnaaa said:

Hydrogen Fuel cell cars are inefficient and has been proven already.

Tesla is working on million mile batteries with maxwell capacitors in the front to charge and discharge very quickly and reduce battery cycles.

And then SSDs are coming.

https://electrek.co/2022/07/19/how-solid-state-ev-batteries-could-cut-emissions-by-up-to-39/

cumming and hasn't cum yet

BTW EV cars cause same or similar environment damage as ICE

this is just a way to fool people who think who are saving environment, unless they can generate power from their biogas

• Haha 1

EV is turning out to be a money saver atleast for me. Used to spend around 300$/month on fuel, now I charge my EV at home every night. I have free power from 8pm to 6 am plan with Reliant energy. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

cumming and hasn't cum yet

BTW EV cars cause same or similar environment damage as ICE

this is just a way to fool people who think who are saving environment, unless they can generate power from their biogas

EVs are going to promote rooftop solar.

Many people I know that bought EV......also installed rooftop solar in India.