Booking .com lo offer rescind mida racha nadustundi

csrcsr

1 hour ago, TOM_BHAYYA said:

In general Financial institutions won’t hire people from certain countries because of regulations. They don’t even do business with certain countries. But ee case lo offer letter ichaka cheyadam not at all correct.

Anthe antava anna

1 hour ago, csrcsr said:

Unfortunate thing about corporate race bro many companies in us also rescinding offers better they be considerate for people on immigration and moving countries 

If they consider immigration etc, it adds additional complexity for them. Just imagine a situation where local resident offer is revoked and an international person joins the team. 
ethical gaa what u said is totally right but companies cant survive on ethics.

specially countries like iran are very tricky when it comes to hiring. I remember background check company asking for 6 weeks to do background check for a citizen of that country where as 1week for many other countries.  

1 minute ago, Vaampire said:

If they consider immigration etc, it adds additional complexity for them. Just imagine a situation where local resident offer is revoked and an international person joins the team. 
ethical gaa what u said is totally right but companies cant survive on ethics.

specially countries like iran are very tricky when it comes to hiring. I remember background check company asking for 6 weeks to do background check for a citizen of that country where as 1week for many other countries.  

But they might have given the join date after finishing the bg check correct bro, first they might have interviewed locals too before presenting the offer and also providing the joining date, not denying the fact they always try to hire locals why did they went to hire lead from iran?

Wow, I feel so sorry for this lady. I cannot imagine the shock she must have felt after receiving the withdrawal of the offer letter just days before making the move.  Moving to another country with family entails so much stress, pressure and getting things done in your home country so that you can have a smooth transition to your new home. 

I do not know if she can get some compensation in any form. I hope she does.

1 hour ago, csrcsr said:

But they might have given the join date after finishing the bg check correct bro, first they might have interviewed locals too before presenting the offer and also providing the joining date, not denying the fact they always try to hire locals why did they went to hire lead from iran?

As spartan said, export control things change drastically. I mean with in hours. My guess is something to do with that

• Upvote 1

Atleast they should have compensated for all her arrangements. Worst fellows

8 hours ago, Picheshwar said:

mari darunam.

similar post chadiva 1 week back some other person who was moving to Europe but was rescinded offer 2 days before his international travel.

ivanni common vayya.. regulations vuntayi Govt nunchi..so cannot blame companies

6 hours ago, csrcsr said:

we never know..last minute update might have been received from FBI or from GOVT.

• Upvote 1

what happened to her is sad but it definitely sounds like last minute company might have received something from officials that they don't want to deal with certain countries anymore due to security risks/comes under sanctioned countries or whatever. But for outsiders it will look like racism. Hope she gets compensation atleast.