GM unveils 2024 GMC Sierra EV - $107k

areyentiraidhi

2 hours ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

nuvve cheppu.

nenaithe "drive it to the ground" mentality. 

college time lo 100K miles unna civic koni 220K ki ammesa. 

Ippudunna car 20K miles appudu koni 145K ki still driving. 

I enjoy good cars immensely, but I dread the EMIs that come with expensive cars. 

If it is working, dont jinx it - ade naa philosophy.

6 hours ago, TechAdvice said:

Come on buddy u act like u care about environment etc., no one really cares about.. it’s all in their saying that’s all! U don’t have to save environment just by buying a Tesla .. there are hundreds of things every day to do to save environment!  Tesla is list among them 

Where did I even mention about saving env. Lol

6 hours ago, phatposts said:

nenaithe "drive it to the ground" mentality. 

college time lo 100K miles unna civic koni 220K ki ammesa. 

Ippudunna car 20K miles appudu koni 145K ki still driving. 

I enjoy good cars immensely, but I dread the EMIs that come with expensive cars. 

If it is working, dont jinx it - ade naa philosophy.

Everyone looks for enjoyment in someplace. 

7 hours ago, TechAdvice said:

Go back and read what u wrote.. u will know 

You do read it again. Pasted here for your convenience. Emissions was last statement and I didn’t even mention anything about env. But I mentioned other benefits and diff which you comoletely ignored. Climax choosi cinema rating iche la unnavga  lol

you think EV is only gas savings? It's more than gas. in long run, you have maintenance savings. as they improve mineral digging and recycling of batteries, EVs make lot less emissions during manufacture process.

5 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

You do read it again. Pasted here for your convenience. Emissions was last statement and I didn’t even mention anything about env. But I mentioned other benefits and diff which you comoletely ignored. Climax choosi cinema rating iche la unnavga  lol

you think EV is only gas savings? It's more than gas. in long run, you have maintenance savings. as they improve mineral digging and recycling of batteries, EVs make lot less emissions during manufacture process.

But after 10yrs battery mingithe it will cost at least 15k to replace kada vuncle .. and at least 20% degrage avuthayemo after 5+yrs of driving 

That too as I mentioned plugin hybrid lantidi unte .. savings on gas vs charging is negligible emo .. 

Maintenance antava .. kotha cars upto 5yrs just oil changes ey ga .. and may be brake pads + tires changes .. avi common in both ..

Model 3 costs 60k you can get accord hybrid for 32k .. accord spacious untadi .. $28k diff doesnt make sense

16 hours ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

i did a 16 hour drive single day with superchargers. I didn't have any issues. in those 16 hours, drive was 13 and half and rest 2 and half hours charging. good thing is charging can be mixed with stops and food so you don't feel like you stopped just for charging.

this depends on where you are going and availability of charging network. EVs for long drives are completely not there yet for everyone, but for couple people its nice relax drive.

daily home and work commute ki perfect where you charge to 80% every night.

Yeah even Ioniq 5 DCFC lo 10-80% 18mins lo aipoindi .. charging fast gane ayyedi kaani .. availability of DCFC was the issue .. 

By the needi ey model tesla vuncle .. freeway lo efficiency etla untadi 75mph+ velthe? How many mi/kwh? 

And tesla super chargers daggara per KW entha charge chesthadu?

Freeway lo range entha padipothadi compared to city driving?

13 minutes ago, mettastar said:

But after 10yrs battery mingithe it will cost at least 15k to replace kada vuncle .. and at least 20% degrage avuthayemo after 5+yrs of driving 

That too as I mentioned plugin hybrid lantidi unte .. savings on gas vs charging is negligible emo .. 

Maintenance antava .. kotha cars upto 5yrs just oil changes ey ga .. and may be brake pads + tires changes .. avi common in both ..

Model 3 costs 60k you can get accord hybrid for 32k .. accord spacious untadi .. $28k diff doesnt make sense

Battery tech is improving. I’m not here to support EV or oppose gas. I’m just a human looking for best that works for me. Battery degradation is proven to be very less. You can find lot of real world examples on how battery degraded for 500000 mileage evs. 

Just now, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

Battery tech is improving. I’m not here to support EV or oppose gas. I’m just a human looking for best that works for me. Battery degradation is proven to be very less. You can find lot of real world examples on how battery degraded for 500000 mileage evs. 

Okay .. even im not against evs but may be inko 5-10yrs tharvatha makes sense anukuna .. intlo EVs unte solar pettinchukunte inka advantage but adi malli inko 25k avudhi

4 minutes ago, mettastar said:

Yeah even Ioniq 5 DCFC lo 10-80% 18mins lo aipoindi .. charging fast gane ayyedi kaani .. availability of DCFC was the issue .. 

By the needi ey model tesla vuncle .. freeway lo efficiency etla untadi 75mph+ velthe? How many mi/kwh? 

And tesla super chargers daggara per KW entha charge chesthadu?

Freeway lo range entha padipothadi compared to city driving?

I’m not Tesla uncle. Just a person with Tesla. Just saying. Don’t assume every person who owns a Tesla is a slave like an Apple user who only praise Apple. Tesla has its major flaws too. But battery and motor lo Tesla rules now. 5 yrs down lane there will be lot of companies on par with Tesla. I have model y. I haven’t calculated mi/kWh. But efficiency does drop above 75. Where I live most highways are 65. To mostly I go 70 and it’s not that bad going that speed for efficiency. Above 70 it drops.Tesla charges anywhere between 29 cents to 47. That’s range I have seen and is mostly driven by local electric costs and other maintenance costs. I drove 530 miles yesterday. I stopped 3 times for charging. First stop 20 mins. Second 15 and third again 20. I charged 100% at home and reached home with 20%. I spent 30$ for super charging. At home 80% charge costs around 6$.

right now Tesla has best charging network and you can easily do long drives if you have time. Again I’m not here to praise Tesla or ask everyone to move to EV or anything. I’m just throwing my exp. EVs are not for everyone. Period. 

5 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

I’m not Tesla uncle. Just a person with Tesla. Just saying. Don’t assume every person who owns a Tesla is a slave like an Apple user who only praise Apple. Tesla has its major flaws too. But battery and motor lo Tesla rules now. 5 yrs down lane there will be lot of companies on par with Tesla. I have model y. I haven’t calculated mi/kWh. But efficiency does drop above 75. Where I live most highways are 65. To mostly I go 70 and it’s not that bad going that speed for efficiency. Above 70 it drops.Tesla charges anywhere between 29 cents to 47. That’s range I have seen and is mostly driven by local electric costs and other maintenance costs. I drove 530 miles yesterday. I stopped 3 times for charging. First stop 20 mins. Second 15 and third again 20. I charged 100% at home and reached home with 20%. I spent 30$ for super charging. At home 80% charge costs around 6$.

right now Tesla has best charging network and you can easily do long drives if you have time. Again I’m not here to praise Tesla or ask everyone to move to EV or anything. I’m just throwing my exp. EVs are not for everyone. Period. 

Dont get defensive vunxle .. naku tesla owners evaru teledu .. so i dont know about tesla performance or cost for charging at super chargers anduke adiga .. tesla charging network is good adi advantage over other evs .. 

Naku basically at this moment pedha advantages kanapadaledu .. thats why switched back .. lets see hope infra improves in next 5-10yrs and also ev car costs normalizes 

30 minutes ago, mettastar said:

Okay .. even im not against evs but may be inko 5-10yrs tharvatha makes sense anukuna .. intlo EVs unte solar pettinchukunte inka advantage but adi malli inko 25k avudhi

Yeah. A decade down road it will be better. But charging network should improve before people jump. Without charging network if people jump on EV then it’s chaotic and will get people pissed

16 minutes ago, mettastar said:

Dont get defensive vunxle .. naku tesla owners evaru teledu .. so i dont know about tesla performance or cost for charging at super chargers anduke adiga .. tesla charging network is good adi advantage over other evs .. 

Naku basically at this moment pedha advantages kanapadaledu .. thats why switched back .. lets see hope infra improves in next 5-10yrs and also ev car costs normalizes 

Peace. 

• Upvote 1