Best credit card to build credit history..got ssn to bro recently

toranam

9 minutes ago, toranam said:

Suggestions plz

Credit card approvals vasta unte tisuko but don't spend , just use and pay them off , available credit entha unte antha better in terms of revolving credit

If you are so beginner that you are not getting any take upfront paid credit cards it will help you to build credit (most of them now a days don't need this)

If you have auto loan and any other type of loan different type of loan

Slow and steady is the name of this game. Bro ki cheppu. Dont get carried away. If used properly Cards and credit rating plays a huge role in your financial means. 

For newly minted SSNs high chance credit bureaus wont have your data.

First open a credit karma account. CK may ask for proof of identity and SSN. This usually involves faxing or physically mailing the paper work. Don't get lazy here. Do this. CK will report the info to 2 if not 3 bureaus. 

Wait for 3 weeks. 

Then apply for a card that has no annual fee and you will keep forever. Like really forever. 

1. Discover IT

Then open a chase bank account and park some money there (1500 or whatever waives the fees)

Wait for 3 months. 

2. Apply for a Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. 

Use both of them, pay off on time. Let it sit like this for 6-9 months.

At the end of year 1, scores should be 735++

From there on, ask your brother to be financially disciplined if he plans to venture into rewards, cash back, travel rewards etc. 

Emanna salahalu kavalante ask me, I am very happy to guide. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, phatposts said:

Slow and steady is the name of this game. Bro ki cheppu. Dont get carried away. If used properly Cards and credit rating plays a huge role in your financial means. 

For newly minted SSNs high chance credit bureaus wont have your data.

First open a credit karma account. CK may ask for proof of identity and SSN. This usually involves faxing or physically mailing the paper work. Don't get lazy here. Do this. CK will report the info to 2 if not 3 bureaus. 

Wait for 3 weeks. 

Then apply for a card that has no annual fee and you will keep forever. Like really forever. 

1. Discover IT

Then open a chase bank account and park some money there (1500 or whatever waives the fees)

Wait for 3 months. 

2. Apply for a Chase Freedom or Freedom Unlimited. 

Use both of them, pay off on time. Let it sit like this for 6-9 months.

At the end of year 1, scores should be 735++

From there on, ask your brother to be financially disciplined if he plans to venture into rewards, cash back, travel rewards etc. 

Emanna salahalu kavalante ask me, I am very happy to guide. 

Very good recommendations.

I only suggest that take Discover IT card next Jan, so you can earn double cashback at the end of the year. Discover matches the cashback that you earned on this card in the first year of sign up.

2 minutes ago, San_K said:

Very good recommendations.

I only suggest that take Discover IT card next Jan, so you can earn double cashback at the end of the year. Discover matches the cashback that you earned on this card in the first year of sign up.

It is 1st card member year, not calendar year. So anytiume you open, first 12 months cashback will be doubled. 

From the discover site:

Cashback Match: We’ll match all the cash back rewards you’ve earned on your credit card from the day your new account is approved through your first 12 consecutive billing periods or 365 days, whichever is longer, and add it to your rewards account within two billing periods. You’ve earned cash back rewards only when they’re processed, which may be after the transaction date. We will not match: rewards that are processed after your match period ends; statement credits; rewards transfers from Discover checking or other deposit accounts; or rewards for accounts that are closed. This promotional offer may not be available in the future and is exclusively for new cardmembers. No purchase minimums.

• Upvote 1