DesiPokiri

1 minute ago, JollyReddy said:

rajamouli influence kanipistondi.. :giggle:

yeah same cringe glamourizing of lesser evolved lifestyles.

james cameron atleast made Terminator. so he redeemed himself with that one.

rajamouli is a gone case.

8 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I didn't watch the original, except some scenes.

did James Cameron mention what the mortality rate of Navi tribe was? Given they are living 'in harmony' with nature?

pretty sure it'll be 1000times of modern humans.

It's like how we watch the videos where a mom bird is teaching its babies to fly. harsh fact is most of the babies die in the process.. 'survival of the fittest'. hehe..

so i support disrupting this system and rooting for the navis to fail. Killing a 100k navis is equal to saving billions of species from forming and later dying cruelly in a cycle of violence that is called life.

if you watched cameron Alien movie…this is also same concept….

in alien movie humans go to another planet part of expedition and killed aliens… here the protagonists are humans…

in avatar movie humans go to another planet and colonized and extracting the resources…but here protagonists are aliens…in addition he added some CGI nature and animals…and gripping story…

saving the nature or disrupting the nature both are urban thoughts…permaculture teaches living with the nature thats rural living…

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

in alien movie humans go to another planet part of expedition and killed aliens… here the protagonists are humans…

in avatar movie humans go to another planet and colonized and extracting the resources…but here protagonists are aliens…in addition he added some CGI nature and animals…and gripping story…

saving the nature or disrupting the nature both are urban thoughts…permaculture teaches living with the nature thats rural living…

Actually Alien was a Ridley Scott film. They created an entire universe for Alien, where humans are side characters just brought into the middle of space warfare between different species that roam the galaxy.

According to Ridley Scott it was some species called Space Jockeys/Engineers that created the Aliens to keep Predators (a dumber version of Space Jockeys) busy or something like that. The entire backstory is silly. They inserted an android too in it.

No idea what permaculture is.. but I think it is impossible to live in harmony with nature. Nature is not harmonious at all. As humans we got to take control and create an environment where we can live in peace and security, and try to extend that security blanket for all other animals one by one.

fcuk nature. nature is extremely cruel.

10 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

would that rural living include avoiding consuming animal products? because killing an animal again for its meat, or mistreating the animal for its milk is what uncultured civilizations do. There's nothing harmonious about torturing animals to extract food from them.

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

No idea what permaculture is.. but I think it is impossible to live in harmony with nature. Nature is not harmonious at all. As humans we got to take control and create an environment where we can live in peace and security, and try to extend that security blanket for all other animals one by one.

this is permaculture…

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

would that rural living include avoiding consuming animal products? because killing an animal again for its meat, or mistreating the animal for its milk is what uncultured civilizations do. There's nothing harmonious about torturing animals to extract food from them.

its same as planting a tree before cutting wood…similarly raising a farm before consuming animal products…

not only for animal products…permaculture takes care of small bugs too which helps the soil…

animal products consume chesinantha maatrana bad ayyipomu…thats how humans evolved since cave times…food consumption and animal abuse both are different…

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

so veganism. I'm up for vegan living. but not in rural areas. I prefer living in dense urban spaces.

no..its not about veganism…

dont think vegan are nit killing anything….eating plants are as same as eating meat…

plants do breath and grow..and they have reproductive parts..

Just now, dasari4kntr said:

its same as planting a tree before cutting wood…similarly raising a farm before consuming animal products…

not only for animal products…permaculture takes care of small bugs too which helps the soil…

animal products consume chesinantha maatrana bad ayyipomu…thats how humans evolved since cave times…food consumption and animal abuse both are different…

tree has no sentience. Animals do. they show you love, they can play with you, they feel pain, they wail out loud..

and you think exploiting them for food is okay.

I think it does make humans hypocrites to consume animals. May be not bad people, but definitely hypocrites.

humans have evolved eating meat, doesn't mean we continue doing it.

1 minute ago, dasari4kntr said:

no..its not about veganism…

dont think vegan are nit killing anything….eating plants are as same as eating meat…

plants do breath…and they have reproductive parts..

plants don't have sentience. animals do. animal brain is as developed as a kids brain.

would you kill a kid for meat? but you would kill an animal for meat. or for milk.

forget it.. pointless to argue. I don't eat meat or milk or any animal products. I can't say that its fine if other people do. Its not fine.. but i don't have the energy to convince others to give up meat and milk.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

tree has no sentience. Animals do. they show you love, they can play with you, they feel pain, they wail out loud..

and you think exploiting them for food is okay.

I think it does make humans hypocrites to consume animals. May be not bad people, but definitely hypocrites.

humans have evolved eating meat, doesn't mean we continue doing it.

you worry about sentience only…for me both plants and animals are same…both eat, breath and grow….they need nutrition…and sunlight…

if you are just eating plants but criticize animal meat consumption…thats more hypocritical to me…

Just now, dasari4kntr said:

you worry about sentience only…for me both plants and animals are same…both eat, breath and grow….they need nutrition…and sunlight…

if you are just eating plants but criticize animal meat consumption…thats more hypocritical to me…

thats just you excusing yourself for eating meat.. of an animal that was grown just to feed you.

if you thought industrial slaughter houses are bad... raising your own chicken, lamb to meat or milk is even worse.. coz the animal trusts you.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

plants don't have sentience. animals do. animal brain is as developed as a kids brain.

would you kill a kid for meat? but you would kill an animal for meat. or for milk.

forget it.. pointless to argue. I don't eat meat or milk or any animal products. I can't say that its fine if other people do. Its not fine.. but i don't have the energy to convince others to give up meat and milk.

you should criticize…capitalized animal farms..i too agree..they just kill or abuse for profit…

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

anyway this is the problem with romanticizing all backward cultures that live in harmony with nature for me.

all of them have eating animals as part of their culture. Something humans should've grown out of by now.

I fail to see how torturing animals is okay for food.