two external hard disks sync

yemdoing

Ippudu I have one external hard disk. And I want to take back up of this external hard disk into another external hard disk. Not one time backup like every month I want to sync it up.

Online lo yethikiethey antha kachara undhi, free antadu teera antha download chesi set up chesthey only 10 gb free antadu or some other biscuit ( freemium panchayati)

anyone tried this with true open source or free tool ? Pls tell me.

one drive as 3rd copy use cheyaleva?

1- hdd

2- one drive

3- hdd

not a great option anuko

I personally don’t like all these

1- copy iph photos to laptop

2- copy same to hdd1

3- copy same folder to hdd2

I do this once in couple of months 

if laptop is full , I clear is as 2 backups already exist 

if you have atleast of them samsung SSD , then samsung magician, 

if atleast one of them is crucial ssd, they give you acronis imaging software.

This wil clone disk 1 to Disk 2 as it is.

Right now lot of 2.5" SSDs are on sale. Amazon lo Crucial MX500, Samsung 870 evo 70$ around unnai for 1TB, take any of that and buy a sata to USB cable for 7-8$. Njoy the speed & reliability of SSDs.

I would suggest get out of those mechanical hard drives which can fail anytime and you will lose all the valuable data.

53 minutes ago, Gorantlamdhav said:

one drive as 3rd copy use cheyaleva?

1- hdd

2- one drive

3- hdd

not a great option anuko

I personally don’t like all these

1- copy iph photos to laptop

2- copy same to hdd1

3- copy same folder to hdd2

I do this once in couple of months 

if laptop is full , I clear is as 2 backups already exist 

That’s lot of manual work bro … automation kosam chesthunna . Thanks though 

12 minutes ago, pichhipullayya said:

if you have atleast of them samsung SSD , then samsung magician, 

if atleast one of them is crucial ssd, they give you acronis imaging software.

This wil clone disk 1 to Disk 2 as it is.

Right now lot of 2.5" SSDs are on sale. Amazon lo Crucial MX500, Samsung 870 evo 70$ around unnai for 1TB, take any of that and buy a sata to USB cable for 7-8$. Njoy the speed & reliability of SSDs.

I would suggest get out of those mechanical hard drives which can fail anytime and you will lose all the valuable data.

Yeah I am looking something like that to clone . But both are Seagate . 

SSD are still pricey for me . May be after couple of years 

@yemdoing 

1- buy wifi capable hard drives and u can setup sync job .. western digital drives have it

or

2- connect ur drive to router via usb and when ever u connect ur other drive run sync job

4 hours ago, yemdoing said:

Ippudu I have one external hard disk. And I want to take back up of this external hard disk into another external hard disk. Not one time backup like every month I want to sync it up.

Online lo yethikiethey antha kachara undhi, free antadu teera antha download chesi set up chesthey only 10 gb free antadu or some other biscuit ( freemium panchayati)

take nas and keep mirrorong

16 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

Telugu lo tell no . Take nas ante is that a new hard disk ?

Here is an article about NAS

Network attached storage is like cloud storage with redundancy(you have to manually set it up). You can backup your data to the NAS (Photos, Videos, Documents, Music, Movies) etc..

You can set it up for the various use cases.

1. Music & Movies - rip/download your movies to NAS and access using applications like Plex, Infuse, emby (your own streaming service) and can be shared with others.

2. You can host your website, mail server, passwords and file sharing service and save files on the go from various devices.

3. You can back up your computers (Windows/Mac/Unix etc..)

NAS comes with an OS installed can be managed using NAS IP address and hard drive bays for compatible NAS hard drives. (WD Red Plus/Pro, Seagate Ironwolf, and some other brands), you can only use NAS hard drive as it will be on 24x7.

In short - your cloud storage owned and hosted by you.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, yemdoing said:

What you are asking is RAID 1(Disk mirroring). You need two hard drives of same size and NAS(Synology is easy and great). This is set up and forget solution. There might be other solutions too, but this by far is the easiest and reliable.

• Upvote 1