Difference between American parenting vs Indian

hyperbole

The problem with Indian parents they are so protective that they wouldn’t let kids fall or fail, one observation with American parenting is they talk through the situation and would let them learn hardway if they are adamant about doing something stupid. I observed it a lot of times, a pregant lady with 3 kids came to target, kids were super rowdy, she looked super tiered, they would bring toys to the cart, she wouldn’t yell or stop them but just kept asking them why they need this toy since we already have that xyz toy etc..basically she kept asking for reasoning or want, then the kids having failed to counter mom would simply put back the toys.

here is one of example I came across

• Upvote 2

• hyperbole changed the title to Difference between American parenting vs Indian
4 hours ago, hyperbole said:

The problem with Indian parents they are so protective that they wouldn’t let kids fall or fail, one observation with American parenting is they talk through the situation and would let them learn hardway if they are adamant about doing something stupid. I observed it a lot of times, a pregant lady with 3 kids came to target, kids were super rowdy, she looked super tiered, they would bring toys to the cart, she wouldn’t yell or stop them but just kept asking them why they need this toy since we already have that xyz toy etc..basically she kept asking for reasoning or want, then the kids having failed to counter mom would simply put back the toys.

It looks like chinky amirican mom

• Upvote 1

Indian parents have too many aspirations for their kids and want them to do everything they could not do when they were kids. It is not possible to grow up with out failing at anything, failing is part of growing up to face any consequences in future. We have to teach standing up after failing and not looking back. Parenting here helps them understand the react but the parents individual lives and choices effect kids lives and behavior.

Indian parenting is driven by societal stigmas and peer pressure.

6 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Poragallu antha easy ga vinaru lay… mana pora gallu antha conversation kuda vinaru 

18 minutes ago, tokkalogola said:

Indians di parenting anaru they are training future robots

25 minutes ago, southyeast said:

Indian parents have too many aspirations for their kids and want them to do everything they could not do when they were kids. It is not possible to grow up with out failing at anything, failing is part of growing up to face any consequences in future. We have to teach standing up after failing and not looking back. Parenting here helps them understand the react but the parents individual lives and choices effect kids lives and behavior.

Indian parenting is driven by societal stigmas and peer pressure.

Enni cheppina USA lo unna Indian parents kuda chesedhi adhe same Indian parenting 

21 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Enni cheppina USA lo unna Indian parents kuda chesedhi adhe same Indian parenting 

That is true, it is hard to break the mold. But small changes can help with better parenting. 

17 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

lol...

indian parenting ni criticize chestunnara...

you guys criticizing with some parenting experience...or just opinions...

Some of them are parenting experiences with opinions included.

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

ok...

my opionion is indian parenting ki western parenting ki difference....kids teenage vachhaka telustundhi...

Okka telugu Indian American aina rockstar or different ga emanna avtada ante em undadhu, same business Lu same paisa same IT, no difference 

2 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Okka telugu Indian American aina rockstar or different ga emanna avtada ante em undadhu, same business Lu same paisa same IT, no difference 

entha mandi kids bro...neeku...

43 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

lol...

indian parenting ni criticize chestunnara...

you guys criticizing with some parenting experience...or just opinions...

Indian parenting influence will go for a toss conceding to western peer influence during teenage, irrespective of how much care you take in previous years…. Ani monna @TOM_BHAYYA experience tho chepthunte vinna…

3 minutes ago, reality said:

Indian parenting influence will go for a toss conceding to western peer influence during teenage, irrespective of how much care you take in prevent years…. Ani monna @TOM_BHAYYA experience tho chepthunte vinna…

partly agree...western influence is strong on teenages...moreover with social media..etc 

i believe indian parenting...gives some foundations at early age of kid...at least some family values and some sort of discipline...

• Upvote 2