Apartment sale- tds- help kaavali

Poonam

1 hour ago, chantigaduUS said:

no I am not citizen but NRI does not mean always some other country citizen. see below link, all Indian Citizens living abroad are NRI's .  I am asking above question because I am planning to invest for a short period in India and get the money back to US( may be 2-3 years Horizon) so thats why I am trying to understand the process.

PS: I know few US citizens still invest in India and Have Lands. I know if you are Citizen of a Certain country you better keep the money and Invest itself there..but not sure how other are doing and what is their reasoning. For eg: Even thought you are a Citizen of USA, after you retire, you might want to live in India for few years and those properties can come handy 

Even if you plan to move back to India in your retirement, I would still suggest you to invest abroad and only purchase property in India what’s actually needed at that specific time of need.

née retirement time ki, mee elder generation lo yevaru migalaru… for your satisfaction you can buy a apt at that time of need with latest construction.

Also, if you buy properties in India and live abroad.. there are many hassles managing those properties.

In owners absence there is high chance of your land being encroached.

for rental properties- people abscond without paying timely rental payments. The renters use the apts recklessly annd turn it into garbage. And on top of it they pay peanuts amount as rents. It costs you more money than the rent collected to clean, paint and fix your rental property. 

also it’s a burden for parents to manage your properties. And do not buy property on your parents name in few cases there are high chances where your own siblings living in India might loot your property in case of parents sudden deaths.
I don’t mean to say every parent and siblings are into this looting business. But I have witnessed many such cases.