Morgan Stanley joins layoffs rush

csrcsr

Investment bank Morgan Stanley laid off approximately 1,600 people — about 2% of its global workforce — on Tuesday, CNBC reports. The job cuts reportedly impacted “nearly every corner” of the company, though CNBC’s anonymous sources say financial advisors were spared. Annual “cullings” of low-performing employees were common practice on Wall Street prior to the pandemic, and they appear to be making a comeback, with Goldman Sachs, Citigroup and Barclays all recently reducing headcounts. Wall Street bonuses are expected to shrink this year as well.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/saeed-azhar-a496a516_morgan-stanley-cuts-about-2-of-its-workforce-activity-7006003503198306304-wdjY?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

22 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

banks are waiting for some kickstarter…this is what i was saying about leverage finance…in all my threads…but some fan boy d1ck heads saw it as edupu..

I don’t understand the issue here.. the leveraged buyout loan is only 6.5 billion, which is around 15% of the total amount… if he is worth 250 billions, he can easily sell some of his assets and pay off (even if it becomes 10 billions with interest)… if you are taking a loan, you give some of your assets as a collateral and the banks can sell it if you are unable to pay the loan.. this is not anything new.. this is in fact good for the banks as the collateral here is the Tesla stock… 

all these articles and videos talk as if he bought the whole company using a leveraged buy out loan.. 

businessmen start businesses without a penny of their own and banks give them loans with the business as a collateral… musk put in more than half (24 billion, 7 billions from his partners and just 13 billions as a loan, which is 30% of the total valuation)… 

Am I missing something here?? @dasari4kntr 

14 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

I don’t understand the issue here.. the leveraged buyout loan is only 6.5 billion, which is around 15% of the total amount… if he is worth 250 billions, he can easily sell some of his assets and pay off (even if it becomes 10 billions with interest)… if you are taking a loan, you give some of your assets as a collateral and the banks can sell it if you are unable to pay the loan.. this is not anything new.. this is in fact good for the banks as the collateral here is the Tesla stock… 

all these articles and videos talk as if he bought the whole company using a leveraged buy out loan.. 

businessmen start businesses without a penny of their own and banks give them loans with the business as a collateral… musk put in more than half (24 billion, 7 billions from his partners and just 13 billions as a loan, which is 30% of the total valuation)… 

Am I missing something here?? @dasari4kntr 

first…leveraged buy out is 13B..

second all the leverage is on twitter not on musk…if twitter bankrupt it wont dent musk but economy…

thats the rich boy tactics…

what is twitter everyday expenditure and income…? and whats the ratings of twitter corporate bonds (aka junk bonds)..?

see the above video…this guy helped me with his graphics..and details…

note: you and me discussed about this…but very civilized manner..i encourage that counter argument in civilized manner…if my language triggered you i am sorry…i didnt mean to you…i was referring some one else who is blindly ignorant…

7 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

second all the leverage is on twitter not on musk…if twitter bankrupt it wont dent musk but economy…

what is twitter everyday expenditure and income…? and whats the ratings of twitter corporate bonds (aka junk bonds)..?

note: you and me discussed about this…but very civilized manner..i encourage that counter argument in civilized manner…if my language triggered you i am sorry…i didnt mean to you…i was referring some one else who is blindly ignorant…

Ledu vaa.. I don’t think I ever abused anyone or talked in an uncivilized manner 😄 you must be unbearable on so many levels for me to start using bad words, which you are definitely not 😂

I am just curious to understand how this is different from how any other businessman would acquire another business… I don’t see anything new here.. it is very difficult to find a business where the buyer put in more than 50% cash and offered his assets as a collateral… 

leveraged loan is only 6.5 billions.. the bonds are labeled as junk because of Twitter’s previous credit rating.. 

Based on the structure laid out in public filings, the commitments would likely be replaced by $6.5 billion of leveraged loans, $3 billion of secured junk bonds and $3 billion of unsecured junk bonds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/elon-musks-twitter-deal-is-different-than-most-lbos-heres-how/2022/11/12/7c671b64-62b9-11ed-a131-e900e4a6336b_story.html

The only issue I see is with the low revenue of Twitter which I guess will slowly increase eventually.. Twitter never had great earnings and it always underperformed compared to the other social media companies..

49 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

banks are waiting for some kickstarter…this is what i was saying about leverage finance…in all my threads…but some fan boy d1ck heads saw it as edupu..

Bro saw this today noon
I was thinking about your thread some days back

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Ledu vaa.. I don’t think I ever abused anyone or talked in an uncivilized manner 😄 you must be unbearable on so many levels for me to start using bad words, which you are definitely not 😂

I am just curious to understand how this is different from how any other businessman would acquire another business… I don’t see anything new here.. it is very difficult to find a business where the buyer put in more than 50% cash and offered his assets as a collateral… 

leveraged loan is only 6.5 billions.. the bonds are labeled as junk because of Twitter’s previous credit rating.. 

Based on the structure laid out in public filings, the commitments would likely be replaced by $6.5 billion of leveraged loans, $3 billion of secured junk bonds and $3 billion of unsecured junk bonds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/elon-musks-twitter-deal-is-different-than-most-lbos-heres-how/2022/11/12/7c671b64-62b9-11ed-a131-e900e4a6336b_story.html

8 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

The only issue I see is with the low revenue of Twitter which I guess will slowly increase eventually.. Twitter never had great earnings and it always underperformed compared to the other social media companies..

bro..please see the video...we will discuss in detail tomorrow morning...

every businessman do...leverage finance....

but musk timing (during interest rates hike) and controversial nature and political stance makes the difference here..

7 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

bro..please see the video...we will discuss in detail tomorrow morning...

every businessman do...leverage finance....

but musk timing (during interest rates hike) and controversial nature and political stance makes the difference here..

I saw the video.. I still don’t get what the issue here is.. Musk is rich enough to sell his assets and clear the loans.. he can even shut down the company and write off the whole 50 billions.. and can still be fine.. businesses fail all the time.. 

economic climate has changed and many companies are cutting down costs and laying off people.. the only issue is that he is always in news and every step of his is watched and analyzed.. 

1 minute ago, Thokkalee said:

I saw the video.. I still don’t get what the issue here is.. Musk is rich enough to sell his assets and clear the loans.. he can even shut down the company and write off the whole 50 billions.. and can still be fine.. businesses fail all the time.. 

economic climate has changed and many companies are cutting down costs and laying off people.. the only issue is that he is always in news and every step of his is watched and analyzed.. 

Ayya a dasari NYC time zone lo unadu padukonaiyava 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Deenni mama daggara npa ani eggodtaru ga